“Big Value”
Review of Tudor Court Hotel

Tudor Court Hotel
Ranked #862 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a small hotel with a big heart! The accommodations were simple but very clean and orderly. the staff was very friendly and efficient in all areas, reception, breakfast and housekeeping. It was very nice to see Mr. Gupta in the morning checking on his guests at the breakfast room and both his attitude and that of Mrs Gupta permeates down to their employees who demonstrated a genuine care and a high sense of warmth and hospitality. Cynthia at the Front Desk needs a special mention as well as Juan at the breakfast room who has a big smile and provides a special touch. This does not take away from the other employees whose names can not recall but whose team effort makes this little hotel shine in the foggy London weather.
I will be back should my travel plans bring me back to this great city. Thank you for your hospitality and Happy Holidays to all! You've got a friend in Puerto Rico !

Room Tip: take a big bathroom over the view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pilardiu

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there yesterday with my fiancee, felt very welcomed, staff are very friendly, the owners mr & mrs Gupta were very nice and helpful, room is small but very comfortable bed, breakfast is lovely. Definitely recommend this hotel and will be coming back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zydmxy
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stay here for one night. I would not stay here again.

To be fair, I'll start with the good points

Good
1) Location: it is in an excellent location, only a minute walk from Paddington Station. 2)Staff: the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. I arrived early and they stored my bags in one area and put my laptop behind the front desk for safety. 3) Price: I paid. 95 pounds a night. I think this is a good price for a hotel in central London.

Now for the bad points
1) My room (101) was in the basement. Or
2) the room was beyond small
3) Wifi did not work in the room. I had to sit on the floor in the hallway to get a signal
4) it is impossible to get a good night sleep. the room is so noisy. All night I heard and felt trains. They must go right under the hotel. I could also hear people walking above and next door.
5) the rooms window could be locked. Anyone could have easily come in at any time. I didn't notice his until the morning.

I also heard other people complaining about their rooms, in the upper floors. I would never recommend this hotel

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank rr177
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for noting the good points about our hotel – we are indeed well known in this part of central London for providing a good value-for-money stay with a number of different rooms at different prices to suit all budgets.

The room you had was a single compact double lower ground floor room with a double bed and I was sorry to read that its location was not to your liking. And I am surprised that you had trouble with the wifi in it because it does normally work there and we have never had anyone mentioning this before. I have since double checked the signal and it appears to be ok. As to access to the room from outside, I do take your point about the window being unlocked, but it is impossible for anyone to gain entry to it from the outside.

I know you have said you would not stay again at Tudor Court but we would love to see you again – and will do our best to give you a different room on a higher floor.

Kind Regards,

Connan Gupta”

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel is in a great location close to Paddington station. The staff are friendly and rooms ok for staying a night or 2. Small, clean functional however in my room the bathroom was so small you had the sink in your face when sitting on the toilet. This could be an advantage if your sick but otherwise not great.

Having said that you get what you pay for and the price was good considering location etc.

Staff very friendly and breakfast was a cooked meal (no continental choices) which is not the healthiest but necessary due to the limited space.

I have no issue staying again and probably will.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jim C
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I realises that you get what you pay for and a bed in London for £59 is cheap, but I still thought this was appalling value.
Let's start with the positives; location, friendly lady on reception and it was clean. The location is about 100m from Paddington station, ideal for me as I was arriving late and needed to be close to the Heathrow Express to get there for an early morning flight.

On arrival the lady was lovely at reception, but I was amazed when she informed me that if I lost the key card for the room there would be a £30 fine; ridiculous!

I climbed the two flight of stairs to my cupboard......... sorry, room. I had opted for the single room with shared bathroom. Well it was packed into what must have been a broom cupboard tucked into a landing area. I'm pretty broad and it was a struggle getting through the door way! There was a single bed and a sink; but barely space to stand at the side of the bed. It's probably the smallest room I've ever been in; including model villages!

I suppose the hotel served its purpose for me of providing a bed for a night; but in hindsight I'd have preferred to have saved my £59 pounds and gone to Heathrow and slept on chair!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank BringBackBuck8
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

It was kind of you to mention three features of our hotel that you liked and I know others do too: location, friendliness of staff and cleanliness.

At Tudor Court we have a variety of rooms of different sizes to suit all budgets and I was very disappointed to read that you felt that your chosen room – our single, non en-suite room – at £59 all inclusive for a night stay in central London (£69 for a Saturday) was not good value. Space in the centre of a city like London is at a huge premium and that room is available for a guest on a budget at the lowest all inclusive price possible.

Kind Regards,

Connan Gupta

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Tudor Court Hotel for two nights – what a lovely experience it was! As soon as we arrived there was a very warm welcome by the staff and the owner Mr Gupta very kindly carried our luggage and showed us to our room. The double room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The hotel’s location is fantastic as it’s a 2 minute walk from Paddington Station, close to restaurants and other entertainment. The staff here are great, very friendly and extremely helpful. I really enjoyed the cooked breakfast in the morning and would highly recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rakhee G
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just came back from a 4 days holiday in London and we spent our nights at the Court Hotel. First of all, I wrote them an email ahead of time in order to ask for a higher room, email to which they answered positively right away. Then, when we arrived, we were warmly welcome in a cosy and authentic atmosphere. Then the room: indeed it is a bit small but it was perfect for two and the bed was really comfortable! We could sleep very well because we weren't at any time disturbed by the noice (quiet neighbourhood). The location is very practical: only a few meters away from the station Paddington and then a 5 minutes ride to Oxford Circus. Finally, the breakfast was good and totally satisfying! Overall, we just would like to thank the Tudor Court Hotel crew for their warm welcoming and we will come back to this hotel next time we come!

• Stayed: October 2013