“Excellent Value”

Ranked #810 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently had a three night stay at the Tudor Court Hotel.

I was travelling solo to London and as I was going to be spending most of my time out exploring, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel room that I would only be sleeping in. Based on plenty of research on Tripadvisor I chose the Tudor Court Hotel.

As others have mentioned, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Their local knowledge is invaluable and I was able to get tips about local restaurants and how to navigate the tube etc. My mobile phone charger packed up on me and I was able to borrow one from reception for the duration of my stay.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are small. But if I wanted a bigger room I could easily pay double to stay at another hotel. My room had a single bed, a small basin, a TV and hanging space but this was more than adequate for my stay. My room didn't have an ensuite bathroom, but there is a bathroom on every floor with toilet and shower and I never had to wait to use it. My room was on the third floor and I had no problems with noise. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night's sleep every night.

The location is brilliant. The hotel is two minutes from Paddington station and from there you can connect to anywhere in London on the tube. There are a number of good cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

The included breakfast was excellent. It started with orange juice and cereal, and then a cooked breakfast consisting of egg, bacon, sausage and toast followed by tea and coffee. Other reviews have questioned the quality of the breakfast but I was very impressed with it.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others. If you are going London and are looking for a hotel in a great location that provides excellent value for money, look no further than the Tudor Court Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Christopher S
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you to the guest for posting such a great review. It is really refreshing to read such positive comments. We are especially pleased to hear the guest found we were excellent value for money, staff were helpful and friendly, bed was comfortable, our location brilliant and our breakfast excellent. I am especially glad to hear that we even managed to provide a suitable mobile adaptor during his stay.

We are grateful to the guest for his endorsement and the fact he would recommend us to others. We really look forward to welcoming him back.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Disappointed by this hotel. No lift to get to room on top floor. Was worried by the fire escape route which I think would be difficult to navigate in smoke.

On check in was advised that if I lost my room key there would be a 30 pound fine. Just a plastic card as often used in hotels...I have never stayed in a hotel where there was a fine for losing the plastic access card.

Rooms are noisy, no sound insulation from other rooms/hall, made for a poor night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Johnnorsk
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am disappointed by this guest’s review.
Firstly, we have never mentioned anywhere we have a lift. The guest merely assumed this, which shows the customer was not focussing on their requirements.

Secondly, in each of the rooms we have “Evacuplan” instructions and diagrams detailing the necessary fire escape route and where to go. In this event emergency lights would be activated in all corridors and landings allowing guests to navigate their escape. This is a requirement by law.

When guests check in we give them a short speech about the hotel and surrounding areas. Included in this we inform guests “if they lose their room key card, we will charge £30. We also mention this is not the cost of replacement but a deterrent to motivate our guests not to lose their room key cards. As we have 24 hour reception staff, we ask that guest to leave their room key cards at reception when going out. If guests follow our instructions, the situation of imposing the penalty charge never arises.

I wish the guest had flagged up the noise problems during their stay. Instead the guest waited till after the event when there is no recourse to rectify the situation. We always request guests to inform reception if there is noise (especially at night) coming from other neighbouring rooms.

Connan Gupta (Director)

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our family of four stayed in the lower ground floor quad room for the last 3 nights we were in the UK. The room is small, we all know that. The bathroom is tiny, but at least it is private. I agree that it is probably the most efficient bathroom they could have in the room. Anything bigger would mean even less space where you sleep!

My biggest gripe was the noise in the morning from the breakfast room. There is a storage cupboard just outside the door that gets accessed from quite early in the morning. If you are an early riser, this will not be a problem. We wanted to sleep in as not much we wanted to do prior to the off-peak tube price at 9:30am.

Location is fantastic, just around the corner to Paddington station and tube, plenty of restaurants and convenience store for snacks. The laundry mentioned in the hotel directory will do a serviced wash too (just drop off your dirty laundry, and come back and it is washed dried and folded).

Room Tip: The quad room next to the breakfast room is quite noisy from 7am, not sure if they have an alternati...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you to the guest for posting this review.

This is first time noise from the breakfast room has been a problem. I am sorry to hear the guests did not flag this up with reception. We may have been able to change their room (subject to availability).

I am glad the guests found our location fantastic and our advice about the surrounding amenities useful. Upon check in we provide our guests with a short speech about the facilities of the hotel, tourist attractions and transportation. In each of the rooms we have a guest information folder containing extensive information about surrounding amenities.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, economical and well-located place to rest your head for a night in London and are not fussy about anything else, the Tudor Court will probably suite you fine. But be warned - the rooms are really, really small!

I read reviews of the hotel on here before booking so I was expecting cramped quarters, but I was still shocked by just how tiny the rooms are.

The bathroom is reminiscent of a train or airplane bathroom....no kidding! We had a good laugh when we first saw it. Showering was a struggle, and I'm a petite woman.

The double bed is a true "double bed" by american standards - not a queen - and in our room was pushed up against a wall, meaning that if two people are sleeping in the bed one needs to climb in and out over the other or down from the end. We actually requested to switch from a double room to a triple room and my husband and I ended up sleeping in two separate beds.

That said, the staff was accommodating and the room was clean and quiet enough. We got a decent night's sleep before catching an early express train to Heathrow, which was all we were after.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you to the guest for posting this review.

It pleases me that the guest had a decent night’s sleep, staff accommodated their wish to change their room, the room was clean & quiet, our location was central and most importantly we were considered to be economical.

I believe as the guests were from North America, the buildings there are much bigger in dimensions (as there is an abundance of land there). For London, our compact double en suite rooms are the norm (in our class of hotels). If required (as the guests have indicated) guests can (subject to availability) choose larger rooms (i.e. our standard double en suite rooms).

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming the guest back in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed four nights in this hotel and found the staff to be very helpful and gracious. Single bedroom is very small, though clean and well kept. Shared bathroom was well maintained and I never had to wait for use. There is no elevator and stairs are plentiful, so not for those with weak legs. Breakfast is basic and best for cereal, coffee or toast. Eggs were swimming in oil, though there are plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from. This hotel offers great location and service for central London. Still high in price for what you get though reasonable by London standards. I would stay in hotel again - take coffee and cereal for breakfast and find eggs elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you to the guest for posting this review. I am pleased our staff were found to be helpful and gracious, our location great and service to be of a high standard.

If guest’s have health problems and/or mobility issues, please mention this at the time of making the reservation so that all attempts (subject to availability) can be made to accommodate these requests.

I am disappointed to hear the guest found the eggs at breakfast to be “swimming in oil”. We do request our guests to flag up anything not found to their taste. This type of feedback is invaluable to us and aids us in providing a better service.

I understand accommodation in London can be expensive but would hasten to add we are reasonably priced as some hotels in the locality charge several hundreds of pounds for a single night’s stay. But we on the other hand offer unbeatable location, guest comfort with service to match.

My sincere thanks for this review and I look forward to welcoming the guest back in the future.

Everöd
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed for one night at the Tudor Court Hotel. As I was travelling alone and wanted a cheap rate I booked a "compact" single room. Having read other commnets on Tripadvisor I was aware that it was small. So it is, but it was spotlessly clean, had a comfortable bed, a Tv. For that kind of money I think it is great value. The breakfast was more than adequate. The reception I got when arriving was good, very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lars_Nilsson_Sweden
connang, Owner at Tudor Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for writing such a positive review we really appreciate your comments. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Warm regards

Director
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'm stayed at the Tudor Hotel for 4 night and It was a pleasure, the subway and restaurant are close. The staff is friendly and helpfull.The last night before i leave, the groom print me a map where i have to find my bus who drive me to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo