“5 Star quality without the 5 Star snootiness”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #330 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at Grange St Paul's for two nights, Friday and Saturday. Although we had booked online through a third party and had combined many discounts we were treated as well as any calibre of guest could wish to be treated.

Check in was quick and easy, the girl at reception being polite and seemingly very eager to find us the best room available. We stayed on the 6th floor and the room was perfect for the price. Spacious, comfortable seats and double bed, very nice en-suite shower and bath (though the water pressure in the shower was a little low). A huge thick double glazed window gave a reasonable view, and provided the room with plenty of light. The air conditioning was good and certainly not too noisy for sleep.

We did not have breakfast as it was too expensive for us but from what we saw the restaurants (yes, more than one) at the hotel were very smart, and the complimentary health club and pool were superb. You cannot overstate how good it is to relax in a clean pool/steam room after a long day of walking through the busy city.

Overall Grange St Paul's was a smooth flawless stay and we will definitly be coming again. The staff were polite and helpful, room service attentive, facilities great quality (though not always well sign posted) and the location right next to St Paul's Cathedral is central enough for access but not noisy at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just returned from a weekend Leisure break at the Grange, St Pauls. It included a 1/2 hour massage for you and partner. The one we had was out of this world, totally relaxing. The Spa is absolutely superb.

The room we had was lovely, and the bathroom was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel. Go you wont disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel was very nice and clean, very friendly staff. Only one downer: When we arrived we wanted to celebrate my friend's birthday in the hotel bar. Although it was quite busy we had to wait 45 minutes for our drink. When I reminded the waiter he told me the best way would be to complain because this is a management problem and they have been running out of crashed ice. However, when we got our drinks we had the impression the drinks consist only of crashed ice. No value for money ! We did not book the breakfast in the hotel because we found a great coffee shop just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed in the hotel on a stop over on my travels.
Checked in early in the morning, the reception were lovely, my room wasn't ready as expected but they said they would do their best to get one soon and sure enough the girl bounded up to me in the bar with my keys, and i just got comfortable!
room is nice, spacious, faces out onto the street, no fantastic view, just the building next to you which is a bit of a shame, thought the hotel should be taller to get a fantastic view of the thames and southbank! i was worried about the conditioning problems noted on previous reviews but this room was silent.
the hotel is so centrally located, different tubes all nearby and near the west end too, good small restaurants near by for a snack or a cheap meal, all very pleasant!
Went to concierge in the evening to get some ideas for up market restaurants to treat my lovely lady to, spoke to a wonderful, helpful guy, believe his name was alldo, so helpful! nice big smile on his face made it easy to trust and of course he did not disappoint! offered to book the restaurant and offer transport help to!
overall i had a lovely one night stay, was sad to leave in the morning, but shall be back again on the next trips to london - sure thing!
would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxed trip away in london, my experience was only for one day but still - much enjoyed!

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Just got back from staying at the hotel. Had a lovely night there. Very friendly service and right next door to St Pauls Cathedral. Room was clean and modern and included molton brown toilettries.Bed was big and comfortable, and the superior/standard room had seating and enough room for luggage. Ordered room service to which was very quick service and excellent food. Free use of the Spa which was very clean and popular. If being picky I would have prefered better signage to get to reception, and would have asked for a view on the street instead of looking out onto the Atrium. Was good value for money, but make sure you book on the actual website as you get a better deal! Would definately go back.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

This was my third time staying here. I work in the West end but am happy to cross town to stay at this hotel.
Its quirky , great design and great staff !
The location is cool, next door to St Pauls and easy reach of the tube/bus routes.
Great room , with free internet which works brilliantly. I am boycotting hotels that charge ridiculous fees for wifi..
The reception staff are particularly good ( well done Kristina !).
Go out of your way , stay here its great !

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Got this hotel cheap as a secret room offer, £660 for two rooms for three nights. Access to Swimming pool and fitness centre included. Hotel was very close to St Pauls Cathedral. Arrived at 9am and hotel stored bags until room was ready. When we came back at 5pm rooms were ready and and I was very suprised at how good they were for the price. My 14 year old daughter however was not happy. Not because there was anything wrong with the room, but that ours was better. (We had a couch and a bigger bathroom). I asked at reception if there was any chance of them swapping the room (I didn't expect them to as we hadn't paid much for the room and the one we had was lovely, I only asked to stop my daughter moaning). To my suprise they said they would but it would have to be the next day as they were fully booked that night. The replacement room was bigger and had the couch my daughter wanted. The only downside with the room was not enough lighting (I like a very bright room) and the air con was noisy and had to switch it off during the night, but I find that all hotels whatever the price have this small problem. The staff were very helpful. The swimming pool and jacuzi were great (didn't try the fitness centre or sauna and steam rooms) and the changing rooms were top class. We didn't eat at the hotel as it was a bit to expensive for us but there is a pub just across the road that does breakfast and other meals very cheap. There is also other places to eat within waking distance. Be advised though a lot of these don't seem to open at the weekend and when they do it is only later in the day. If you do stay here make sure you walk around St Pauls as there is a small square behind with a Sainsburys, this is very handy. My daughter got a bacon baguette from here for her breakfast each morning. What more can I say a very enjoyable break in a top quality hotel with top quality staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family