“Highly recommended, Cant wait to stay again!”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #317 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We booked this trip to London at the last minute on the Friday and stayed on the Saturday night, It was easy to find as its just off the main street where St Paul's Cathedral is, On arrival we were greeted and the doorman took our bag to the reception desk, I must admit that the girls on reception could do with smiling a bit more but it didn't bother us as were so pleased with the hotel itself, All glass, gloss, funky furniture and décor, clean and new, Our room was just LUSH, Massive queen bed, huge window, molton brown toiletries, ipod dock, flat screen, the list is endless and such a bargain for the money in London! We spent most our time out and about but on our return from a club we ordered room service at 3am!! Yes some may say it was pricey but for room service at that time of the morn....heaven, we paid about £20.00 for the best pizza we have ever tasted with Chocolate brownie and ice cream inc. the delivery charge, it may seem alot but believe it was worth it, we had a quick swim, sauna and jacuzzi in the morn before heading down for breakie and checking out, the facilities are fab, I do agree with the previous reviewer though that the continental breakfast could be better for the price and for a 5* hotel, it lacked variety and the pastry's didn't seem fresh (well what was left of them!!) Overall we cant wait to go back, for us it was worth the money to get away from it all and spend the weekend in a little luxury plus it really is in the perfect location for getting around London.

There are newer reviews for Grange St. Paul's Hotel

Reviewed June 7, 2010

There are so many positives about this hotel like the bed, the amenities, the location, but I'll start with where the hotel could improve.

Yes, the hotel is expensive and there are a lot of additional charges for any extras you may require. But it needs to be pointed out that this is a 5* hotel that is affordable if you find the right deal. The amenities on offer are great but generally, the bad reviews of this hotel (Minus the service) come from the expensive additional extras that you can purchase if you so desire. You are not conned or forced to charge these to your room.

Breakfast was fantastic, but it was included in my room rate. If you do not have breakfast included in your room rate, DO NOT eat in the hotel. It's £21 for the Continental and an additional £8 on top for the full English buffet. Unless you can eat almost £30 worth of food per person then you're better off at Pret A Manger or Eat. which are close by.

The service has been criticised heavily on the site and I was expected rude and snobby staff. What I received were very courteous and polite staff that wanted to help. They weren't in your face about it but if you wanted help you got it straight away.

The air conditioning has been criticised too. Yes, the lowest it seems to go is 20 degrees. I believe, if you fiddle long enough you'll get it below that but I never had a problem. I did have to laugh when my window was locked and the reception staff claimed the local council had forced them to lock all bedroom windows. Funny how hall windows on the same floor were open? I couldn't figure it out but that was my only problem.

Onto the positives. I was given a free upgrade on arrival for no apparent reason other than I was 30 mins early to check in. If your room is ready, you'll be allowed to check in before 2pm. If you want a late check out, the hotel gave me until 12pm free of charge. Anything after that is charged at an extortionate rate.

The room was beautiful The maids are fantastic and prepare your room for the evening for you returning and clean your room thoroughly each morning. I couldn't ask for more. The Molton Brown shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion were replaced for our second day which made my other half very happy.

I ordered strawberries and champagne for our arrival and co-ordinated this with less than 24 hours to go. It arrived moments after we did in the room, much to my delight. The room service staff were courteous and even pointed out that we hadn't asked for an ice bucket and glasses so took it upon themselves to go and get it for us.

The proximity to transport links, restaurants and shops makes this hotel great. Everything is at your doorstep and you can arrive in Oxford Circus within 15 minutes. One night we were tired and bought a Pizza Express takeaway at a very affordable price. I managed to get to and from the restaurant to pick it up within a TV commercial break!

Don't be fooled into believing this hotel is bad. It is fantastic. However, it is not perfect. It is a great, affordable 5* hotel. Nothing more but certainly nothing less. Book and you'll have a great time there.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel has the potential to be such a great hotel. It's in a fantastic location and looks great inside, very contemporary. However, there were a few issues that wouldn't normally bother us in say a 3* hotel but we expected so much better from a 5* hotel at these prices.
The main gripe was the staff. They were the most miserable bunch we've ever come across. No smiles, no welcome and it felt as if we were bothering them the couple of times we asked them a question.
Another issue was the cleanliness of the room. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't really bad, just a couple of stray hairs in the bath, a bit of light dust over some of the surfaces and limescale on the chrome bathroom fittings. All of these things could so easily have been sorted with the attention to detail you expect from a 5*.
The final disappointment was breakfast. Very very average. The pastries were hard and clearly from a cheap pack, there were a couple of types of cereal, a few bits of cheese and meat and pots of mullerlight.
Overall we had a great weekend and enjoyed the location of the hotel, but would we stay here again? Not at these prices.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed here with an Aussie friend in April 2010. I booked it via lastminute.com as one of their secret hotels offers (I was never disappointed when I used this system): we had a fare of 90 quid a night which is great for a 4+ star hotel which looked like a 5 stars. We were given a big room with 2 double beds so we had lots of space, which is not obvious in London. Our room overlooked the back of the hotel, which was a quiet street, but double glazing was there so we would have had a nice sleep anyway; mattress was super comfy as well. Location was excellent> St Pauls Cathedral just out of the door and the Tate Modern on the other side of the 'wobbly bridge' a few steps away; buses to Tottenham Court road a short walk away; it was clean, elegant and classy. We used the pool and sauna and we liked it, after a day of shopping. Hope I will 'find' this hotel again when I book it with the same method.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night for concert at theO2. We booked it as a secret hotel on lastminute.com. It was a great choice at a superb rate - about 40% cheaper than the rack rate online. Everything about the hotel was good with easy check in, very pleasant staff and superb swimming pool, steam rooms etc. our room had a good view of St Paul's cathedral.

We didn't use the spa although the prices looked quite steep but that could be London prices.

We would certainly stay here again although I don't expect to get such good rates for too long.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

What a place from a classy exterior to an even more impressive interior,pity really because the wife now thinks this is how it should be all the time.Staff superb from greeting, to reception,to dining, you could not ask for more.The room was everything you could want, you could not fault it at all.So impressed were we that on returning we have already been looking for the next show that we can go to and will make it a longer visit.If you want the best definitely stay here.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Just returned from 5 nights in The Grange St Paul's and we were very impressed. Not only does the hotel have lovely rooms with nice finishing touches (Molton Brown toiletries, free daily newspaper, turn down service etc). Our room itself didn't have a view but we didn't care - London is too busy a city to stay in your hotel room! It also had very friendly service and a fantastic location. We booked for 5 nights and the service and quality was consistent. Staff were extremely informative and very friendly. The room was a very good size for London. The location of the hotel was ideal for the underground (a five minute walk) which was on the Central line, ideal for shopping and west end shows - no need to change lines! All in all we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple