Grange St. Paul's Hotel
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
    4,572 results
    All reviewsmillennium bridgepauls cathedralcafe rougesecret hotelspa facilitiestate modernsteam roomthe main hotellovely hotelhealth clubcontinental breakfastbusiness hotelmini barsouth bankbooked this hotelcentral linefull english
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed at the Grange St Paul's for 2 nights recently and will definitely be visiting again. Whilst there were a few minor things I would change about the hotel overall we had a great stay here. From the moment we walked in the staff were all very helpful and couldn't do enough for you. We even managed to check-in at 10.30am and had a room available for us.

The layout of the hotel is a little strange with many of the rooms overlooking the interior atrium but I found this a pleasant change from overlooking noisy London roads. If you suffer from Vertigo I would imagine this to be a problem and the lifts are glass, however there are stairs to use which is fine if you are on one of the lower floors.

We had great nights sleep as there was no road noise at all and the rooms are so dark you have no idea what time of day it is when you wake. The only down side is that you cannot check what the weather is like before you dress for the day!

As many have said before the wardrobe space, flickering bathroom light and fixed TV all need sorting out, but the overall space and size of the beds in the rooms were great compared to some we have stayed in. Mobile phone signal is a problem but you can get free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel which is fine for emails / internet etc.

We will definitely be visiting the Grange St Paul's again. A good location for sightseeing / culture or shopping, and if you do stay make sure you visit Borough Market on the Southbank (a feast of delights for a food lovers!)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank lifesabeachboy
    Reviewed October 11, 2009

Cheaper then premier lodge - standby for rooms with twin double beds- great views of St Pauls and not over the top service.
    As an Aston owner I am obliged to stay at Claridges but because of the kids bashing my wallet I chose this hotel .
    The only letdown has to be the name ! Every thing is better than Claridges but perhaps lacks that soul that top hotels have - but who cares as I probably saved a grand.

Nice Aston outside on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
    2  Thank V12Aston
    Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night when we went to a gig in London. Got it through Last Minute at a good rate so probably I shouldn't complain, but I can't help thinking that if you are staying at full price (£250 plus) you might want to know that it's not that perfect.

I accept that the hotel is not finished yet (hence the Last Minute deals) but some of the problems can't be explained away on that basis. Having said that, they are only minor gripes - it was a great location, very grand entrance etc.

So, the problems: flickering lights in the small bathroom that would have driven you nuts if you stayed longer than a night; no teabags (!!) with the tea and coffee facilities; very dark rooms - especially on the side of the room with the wardrobes etc which you would have had to use a torch to find your pants in; safe was fixed at about 6 foot high, not very user-friendly; one whole half of the wardrobe was taken up with the mini-bar, tea and coffee facilities and the safe, so actually not much room for two people to hang their things; there was a file of someone else's business documents in the room, which makes you wonder about the care of the house-keeping staff; the cover on the bed was really dirty with what looked like blood stains on it, that was probably the most disappointing; the TV was fixed to the wall so although there were two places other than the bed to sit in the room, you couldn't see the TV; the hot water wasn't very; and there was a noisy fan that set up every five mins or so all through the night.

Having said all that, for the price we paid, for which I couldn't have got a Travel Lodge room in London, I should probably shut up. The only thing that was really unforgiveable was the dirty bedspread.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed October 9, 2009

This hotel is brand new. It's a bit soulless, but impressive. The other reviewers' comments about noisy air conditioning are fair, though I found switching it to low on manual (rather than automatic) helped a lot. The bed was wonderfully comfortable.

The view is wonderful and there are lots of things nearby including, surprisingly for its business district location, a fair few restaurants that are open in the evening. There are absolutely loads of buses and taxis that go past, so it's quick and easy to reach all sorts of places.

I found the staff very friendly and professional throughout. I got a special deal for £90 excluding breakfast. For central London, that was a remarkable bargain.

I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business