“Young couple stayed in January”

Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Ranked #328 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Young couple stayed in January”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First of all this hotel is lush, beatifully layed out and really friendly staff.

I was expecting as it looks like (And is) quite a posh classy hote that the staff would be a bit snooty but they were far from it. In fact they were so welcoming and really made out stay.

Not only were the staff nice but the hotel itself was lovely. I didn't eat in the resturant but the had a few drinks at the bar. They even allowed us to take the drinks to the room which was a bonus as it was quite full in the bar seating areas.

Would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go for a smoking room as they are in another building and not as nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very good room but there manager subin [---] was terrible. Very bad attitude and there shower door fell in on us. Overall very poor service would not recomened it all, disapponted expected better from 5 star

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Fkhann
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the city and the holburn Grange hotels but they are the poor brother compared to St Paul's.

I was going to book this via a hotel search engine and was getting a good deal at £275 for 2 nights without breakfast. I then looked at the Grange Hotel own web site and found same price but including breakfast, then I found they had a discount running and so I paid £211.00 including breakfast! So wise to check their own web site

Everything here was faultless, the bedroom was big very clean with bath and separate shower! Breakfast was amazing and the staff was very helpful! The pool is very modern and clean and my 7 yr old daughter didn't want to leave the pool!

I'll definitely come here again

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank iainMitch71
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked this hotel again, through last minute. It was in their mystery hotel however after booking this before, we knew which hotel it was!

We arrived at the Grange two hours early but we were able to check in.
This time we were located in a 'studio/suite' in a separate building. It was a little walk from the hotel but no problem.

It was a lovely room, large and came with a kitchenette which the normal rooms int he hotel do not have.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was perfect for our needs.
Briilliant hotel overall, and we will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We visited this courtesy of Ebay, being a couple of plebs we normally use a cheaper option. The location was central. We were a little concerned about being woken as St Paul's is directly opposite, but heard nothing from inside the room. The room was pleasant, with lovely toiletries and fluffy towels, and a comfortable bed. The spa was pleasant but not the best I've ever used. We went in the bar and it was interesting to find a better class of clientele trying to abscond without paying their bar bill. We went just before christmas and The Times were holding their party there. I did not eat there but my husband had breakfast. He said it was very good, but expensive as you would expect. Very modern and architecturally pleasing, and there was a book in the room with a history of the site and the development which was actually quite interesting. The chap on the door in the hat was a great hit with tourists. He even let us in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Perfect location for my meetings in the city, hotel was very nice but lacked the luxurious feel of a 5* establishment. Rooms were well appointed and comfortable but a little dowdy, I had an inside room and it was very dark. Bar had a good fun atmosphere providing you like sports. Would stay again but on location rather than price and facilities.

Room Tip: Maybe outside rooms are a better bet??
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Integrity21
Reviewed February 10, 2014

First time staying at this hotel, was expecting 5 star quality but sadly I was disappointed. The room itself was OK, but was let down by couple of things - the carpet was worn and there was a peculiar smell that lingered the room.

The most disappointing aspect of my stay was the service at front desk. On check-in, the first person I spoke to seemed uninterested, and I had to ask the questions on breakfast, checkout, etc (he should have been telling me this, and not me having to get this out of him).

In addition, when asked for a later checkout, he responded by saying I would have to pay. This is the first hotel I have stayed where I have had to pay for a late checkout.

I also made a note in this reservation that it was our anniversary, but the staff simply did not acknowledge this and made the overall experience very poor. I have stayed at other hotels where the treatment has been much more professional.

I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple