“I wish I lived in London”

Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa
Ranked #35 of 726 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The SALON Richard’s uber-cool award-winning Sloane Square salon plays host to a team of over 90 expert staff, looking after the hair and beauty needs of over 1,200 clients per week. Past winner of Hair Magazine’s London Salon of the Year, the salon has been described as ‘leisurely and luxurious yet unpretentious’ and is home to over 170 innovative hair and beauty treatments; Metrospa, the salon’s unique brand of city day spa, is a state-of-the-art pampering zone featuring expert therapists and our exclusive CARITA range. Richard’s unique team has been dubbed by Vogue Magazine as ‘obsessional about that elusive personal touch’ in his ‘spectacularly sunny, cleverly sectioned space’, likening the salon’s floor manager Gavin to a maitre’d at The Ivy. Italian Vanity Fair describes Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa one of the most ‘ultra-glamour salons’ not only in Europe but world-wide.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a blow out done during my recent trip to London.

I was amazed that my hair could look the way it did. Robert had done my hair and it was shiny, soft and bouncy. He was a delight!

My hair has never looked so good and I wish I lived in London just to go to this salon.

Everyone was great and I would highly recommend to go to enhance your trip or your life.

2  Thank A G
Gavin H, Manager at Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear AG,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience on you visit to the salon. Robert is one of the founder members of the Richard Ward team and never disappoints but it is lovely to get such positive feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip and look forward to welcoming you back into the salon in the not to distant future.

All the best from Duke Of York Square.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife purchased a gift voucher for a back massage. The voucher was mis-filed and when found it had expired (6 months after date of purchase). I went into Richard Ward and asked the recepionist if it was possible to still use. I could tell by her response this was going to be a problem. After speaking to the manager (Julia) she said it was not their policy to honour vouchers beyond the expiry date. I asked Julia if the voucher could be applied towards 50% of the cost and I would pay the other 50%. Julia said this would not be possible and said if I have a complaint to put it in writing for consideration by RW. Here is my complaint, in writing, for everyone to reveiw.

I would rather have donated this money to charity, not RW's back pocket. Buyer Beware!

6  Thank TravellerD4587
Gavin H, Manager at Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Traveller 04587,

I am so sorry you disagree with our company policy regarding the expiration of our gift vouchers. Many companies do have strict policies in place and as I hope you can imagine for a small business such as ours we have to have these policies in place to protect our interests.
As a goodwill gesture and unlike other companies we have made extensions on vouchers when notified within the validity period. We do not feel six months past the expiry date to be a reasonable time frame in which to request an extension.

It is the clients responsibility to ensure the voucher is redeemed within its set period and we cannot be held accountable for this, I believe our terms to be very clear and fair.

Each voucher has the expiry date very clearly marked on it, this is also pointed out verbally at the point of purchase if purchased directly from our reception team at the salon. Expiration dates are also very clearly marked on all vouchers purchased on-line with our terms very clearly stated below each requested voucher.

I was aware of one of our Front Of House Team trying to explain our terms to you when you requested to speak to our General Manager. Julie simply confirmed our company stance and I can only apologise if you did not get the response you were hoping for.

I am sorry that we could not have been of more assistance on this occasion.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really dont understand the negative reports at all. When you go to Richard Ward the reception staff are all lovely and friendly. The lady who takes your coats is a treasure.
My stylist, Patrick is absolutely wonderful and does the most wonderful cuts and blow drys. Maria who colours my hair is utterly professional and takes great care when colouring my hair. Worth every penny and btw Gavin is a star.

Gavin H, Manager at Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for giving us such lovely feedback on the team, Patrick is a total superstar and Maria is the ultimate professional, I know this but it's always good to here it from our clients. Thank you for also for giving me a mention, I am lucky enough to just enjoy what I do but I do need to remember to get out of the office more and spend time on the salon floor.
I appreciate you taking the time.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I too felt I had to respond to the negative reviews. I would highly recommend this Salon the staff are polite and professional. If you have an issue /problem, Gavin is always around to discuss this with you. I have tried other salons but return to Richard Ward.

2  Thank trip07London
Gavin H, Manager at Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a favourable review, it's good to hear we are getting it right for you and yes I am always around if you need me.
Gavin

See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I started using Richard Ward in 2001. The service was of a very high standard,the salon had a really friendly buzz but more importantly the hair amazing.
Recently ,I returned after living overseas for a while. David who always colored my hair was as fantastic as ever. However,there was absolutely no customer service once I was out of his hands. I endured a fifteen minute wait at the basin whilst a blow dry was slotted in ,then I was given a quick restyle ,cut and blow dry which took all of twenty five minutes.
I left the salon with a fabulous head of color but a terrible cut which does not suit my hair type. After paying the bill of £360 (without a thank you or goodbye),I am reluctant to return.

5  Thank Rosie20London
gavin h, Manager at Richard Ward Hair and Metrospa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Rosie20london,
I am really sorry you have had such a negative experience during your visit with us. It is such a shame as you are obviously still very pleased with David's technical skills but we seem to have let you down with the rest of your visit.
Not knowing the circumstances and who actually cut your hair I cannot really comment except to say that we have a team of 24 hair stylists and all of them work at varying speed and pace, some stylist will always take an hour for a cut and blow dry while others are much quicker but either way this is still not an excuse for you being unhappy with the end result. If you would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to have you come back in to the salon to have your cut tweaked or re-cut if that is what is needed to get your style to a place that you are happy with it.
I hope you will believe me when I say that bad service is not the norm for the team at salon, we pride ourselves of our high level of customer service so I can only apologise and hope you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you in the future.