“Made my trip back to Britain a bit better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Limegrove Hotel

Limegrove Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Limegrove Hotel
Ranked #761 of 1,080 Hotels in London
Singapore
“Made my trip back to Britain a bit better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I only came back to London with my partner to attend close friends funeral. I have not been back for almost 10 years now as I work abroad but a friend recomended I stay in central London Victoria as its is full of hotels. She was right, it was I ended up at the Lime Grove. I was imediatly impressed by the polite good nature of the hospitality shown by the staff who made me feel at home. The place is clean and tidy but I must say that its a bit of an 1980's/1990's time capsule and could do with some modernisation. It had internet which is a buck in the general mood of the place and if the connection ever was a bit slow I was happy to see that they always were willing to lend a cable free of charge which proved usefull for the family staying next door to us. I was definatley greatfull though to the receptionists and breakfast staff who I think did a good job especialy one receptionist who make me remember the place in a good light: We had got lost on my way back from the train station to the hotel one night and had lost oue map. Thankfully I still had my recipt so I called the hotel and she guided me back step by step which realy impressed me as later found I ended up blocking their booking telephone line for over 20 mins but you know what they didnt even tell me this at the time let alone complain the receptionist just stuck to helping me a lost customer out. I only found out it was the booking line on the internet. Also they did not have a bar but the breakfast staff were good enough to help and intoduced me to a regular customer of theirs who knew the local pubs. I went to the pub with him and on the subject of the Lime Grove he only had praise for the place.

I will proberbly not go back to London for a good number of years but if I dod this place is definatly the 1st on my list to try.

Room Tip: If the internet is slow as for a cable and the reception will give one free although I heard you hav...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Brian G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I am currently doing some traveling around Europe and Asia. I have been to London many times but I normally stay at a Premier Inn. I happened to to come by London this time for a day to see my sister but the Premier Inn was booked up. I walked around and ended up in this place. Truth be told I would not describe it as modern or really good from the facilities point of view what did impress me though was the staff they were just so friendly. Although Premier Inn staff are pleasant they can be like zombies at times with no genuine character behind their smiles and "Thank You" s This place though being a small enterprise I guess has people working in it who seem to really care. Joyce in particular was very nice to me. She was so different to what I normally get in London. We had a good long chat in which she gave me some travel advice to get to my sisters. Despite it not being a official service she also recommended a few good taxi services to me which was a result as I saved about ten bucks than what I normally pay to get the airport. (A trip taxi men in London always try and rip you off if your from abroad) Although a little thing I was really touched that she noticed I had a nasty cold and offered me some local flu medicine despite me not even mentioning the fact I had caught a cold since landing in London. Although the place is a bit outdated I am happy to note that the room was clean and my room was quiet as I got a rear room facing what I found out from another customer was a school. I was just there for a night but I think Ill defiantly come back some time.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room facing the school if peace and quiet is your thing. Room two is good as its clos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank AndrewNZ1975
US Franki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my third visit to this hotel and commend hard working Joyce(manageress) and her equally hard working staff.How horrible to write even about a hotel still serve a cooked breakfast and even to serve it in the room.This I call a good service and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.I hope Tripadvisor positively promote this hotel as this hotel is favorite to many repeat customers such as me.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are value for money as there are ample facilities outside the room.Toilets are clean and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Frankfreeman
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had the misfortune of "treating" my wife to a midweek London break staying at the Limegrove Hotel, Warwick Way.

This bed and breakfast is not only filthy (and as an ex soldier I have slept in trenches), the decor is dated and in need of help. The "full english" breakfast consists a rubber egg and two dried out bacon rashers, cardboard toast (on plastic plates), tea and marmalade. The en-suite is so small that you have to poo with the door open, unless you walk into the filthy shower first.
Don't ask for a cup of tea, it's not included in the price apparently and "no sir, we don't do that!"
was their reply. Their is a beautiful whiff of sewage on entry, which you do get used to once you have managed to open your window, which is held open by a piece of wood.

All in all our midweek trip to London was a success, the Limegrove unfortunately, was not!

Should you have plans to stay here, please, please don't. I would not wish this on a homeless person whose only alternative was a shop doorway in Afghanistan.

Room Tip: Should you need a tip for a good room............. Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Theo P

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Passau, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I´ve been there for 3 nights, and I would refuse to put one foot in there again. It was dirty, even the bedding I could´nt use the blanket, it seemd I could allready see all those little animals one doesn´t want to think about it. The breakfast was a joke, they call it roomservice but only if the whole house is packed and there is simply no space left. The shower and toilets are disgusting, I preferd to use the public toilets at Victoria Station....The whole house would need a complete updating and new management. I had seen such places before on the telly in "homes from hell".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

i booked this before reading trip advisor - big mistake. But i always like to give everything a chance and make my own mind up. I was wrong to do this. I've stayed in poor places before but this was awful. The staff are lovely, pleasant and cheerful but that is all that i can say that is positive. When the front door is opened there is an awful smell that hits you. This is musty and strong. The carpets are mismatched, threadbare right through to the floor in parts and cabels run under them in parts. The walls and skirting have not seen paint in a long time. This is especially evident with the cracks that have been repaired really showing up the dirt. Of course there are cracks and areas of disrepair that have not been touched. The carpet in my bedroom was stained and the blanket on the bed was ripped and obviously very old and worn done. The cloth headboards on the beds were stained. The furniture in my bedroom did not fit and therefore a chest of drawers just sat in the middle of the already tiny space. The furniture was mismatched and badly worn resembling furniture found in second hand charity shops. The ensuit bathroom (which had been built into the room) was slightly better, obviously more modern but smelt bad and the shower dripped constantly, so much so the cleaners had to keep a towel on the floor to mop up the extra water that splashed over. There was so much stale water in the shower pipe that when having a shower the shower pan would completely fill with water. I attempted to change hotels but no where close had any room and for good reason they all looked lovely and clean and fresh. I resorted to buying Febreeze and air freshners and airing my room daily and even tho i only used this as a base to sleep in it was becoming depressing to return to each evening. The cleaners worked hard every day as my room was neat as a pin & my bathroom clean when i returned but it made no difference to the years of ingrained dirt.

Please save yourself any heartache and do not book this hotel. Despite how nice it looks from the outside and how pleasant the staff are it will not change the fact this building has been seriously neglected and the bedroom i saw was horribly depressing and the whole building internally looks and smells bad. It's a real shame because the location is amazing. Don't even stay here for one night, it is not nice. A family left and booked into the hotel next door, i was jealous as they got the last room meaning i couldn't get booked in.

tiny space. The furniture was

hat have

Room Tip: Unpleasant smell, stained carpets & headboards, don't risk it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank holidaygal136
Burntisland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Room number 8 we stayed in. The bedding was dirty the carpets were filthy and the full english breakfast contained two pieces of dry bacon and one egg !

Please dont stay here !