“Great hotel”

Days Inn London Hyde Park
Ranked #426 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 2, 2012

As a family of 4 this was our first stay in a days inn, we stayed in rm 101, read some reviews before booking and they were really varied, yes we did hear people walking and talking past our window because we were on the bottom floor but this wasn't a problem like other people wrote in their reviews (we did have the window open by the way), the room wasn't big and it wasn't small it's was just right and there were 4 of us sharing, the bathroom was lovely and clean and plenty of towels, toiletries and whatever else you needed. Breakfast in the morning was a plentiful continental, toast, cereal, meats and cheese, boiled eggs, yogurts fresh fruit and unlimited tea and coffee and fruit juices what more does a person want. If you have a problem when you are staying here all you have to do is ask for the problem to be fixed not leave crappy reviews cos this was wrong or this was broke, yes it's not the ritz or savoy, I would definitely stay here again no problem, some people are just far to fussy and want the world for pennies, a big thumbs up to Days Inn :)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here one night before catching a flight. Close to London-Paddington station and the express train out to heatrow. Clean, basic accomidation. The breakfast was also ok. Staff were friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I would guess if you were in the right room this might not be a bad hotel, in fact I would consider staying there myself. The location is nice and the rooms are small but well equipped although the bed had one of those horrible very soft mattresses.

However, the room was I in (111) was an oven, in fact I believe it was located above an oven in the kitchen below, It was about 16C outside but ten degrees higher in the room and despite opening the window (dangerous as it is on the ground floor) and putting on the fan, there was absolutely nothing I could do. In the end I got about 20 minutes sleep.

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances go in room 111 unless it is very cold outside.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Tim779, General Manager at Days Inn London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Cluster General Manager
Days Inn Hyde Park
148-152 Sussex Gardens
London
W2 1UD

Proud winner of
“Hotel of the Year 2008 "
Europe Middle East and Africa

Reviewed September 16, 2012

There are many small, similarly designed hotels in this area-- we picked this one because it has a lift (elevator) that was necessary for an older traveller. Rooms are bigger than some I've seen in this neighborhood. Clean, decent breakfast. Electric kettle was broken in one of our rooms; staff replaced it the next day. Good value for the price. If you haven't stayed in central London before, please keep in mind that hotels are VERY EXPENSIVE and rooms are VERY SMALL. Don't expect the size room that you'd get in Dallas, or Cleveland, or Perth, or Saskatoon...

Room Tip: No air conditioning, as is very common in this price range in London--so rooms in back will be quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Yes, yes, we know. It's London, everything's a bit pricey, hotels of this kind, smallish and rooms to match the establishment. This hotel doesn't break the rule. You get what you pay. Being of the low-priced places,you get the low services. This isn't a criticism but a fact. Strolling around the area, I noticed ours was far better than some of the ugly-looking façades and doorways of a myriad hotels in Sussex Gardens. And when I say myriad I mean it! I counted over 70 establishments of all kinds in a radium of 5 minutes from Days Inn. So finding a good one, if you don't know any, it's a kind of luck from heaven above. Our room (306) was a bit hard to find. First, you take the lift to the second floor, then you walk along a narrow corridor, after that you have to find a door which tells you the number of another room which leads you not downstarirs as the number requires but upstairs to the next floor. Yeah, I know you may think why on earth we didn't use the lift up to the third as our room was but the fact is that the lift doesn't connect in any way with our room. Honestly, I got lost a couple of times before reaching the room. As far as I know, this is commom practice in some of the hotels in the area as we stayed in another one two years ago and it was the same labyrinthic maze. The bathroom in our room, a triple one, was single. The good thing of the room is that the towels were changed daily and there was an apparent sensation of cleanness. Breakfast was acceptable and service, fine. To end up, we'd probably come back to this place in the future because being on the realm of budget hotels, you get what you pay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hey so I took a spontaneous 2 night trip to London... The Days Inn was in a really good location. Close to pubs and restaurants, close to Paddington Station and the train to Heathrow... it's just the actual rooms were lacking.

It's an older hotel, my room was on the second floor above the street with a single paned window and no air conditioning and it's late August... so I had to sleep with my window open, no screen, lots of flies, the traffic noise was major. I slept with ear plugs. Then there is the wacky safe! It's on the floor of the closet so you have to sit on the floor to operate it. There is not a light above it and it was an older, trickier type. I spent a lot of time cursing the safe. haha Breakfast was nice. Would I stay there again? Probably not as sleep quality is very important to me. If I'm not well rested, my days are not as fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AmyTheRealtor

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We will now look at providing extra lighting for the safes in that particular room.

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Cluster General Manager
Days Inn Hyde Park
148-152 Sussex Gardens
London
W2 1UD

Proud winner of
“Hotel of the Year 2008 "
Europe Middle East and Africa

Reviewed August 24, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com