“Really bad service and average food”

The Green Room Cafe
Ranked #14,089 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 30, 2019

My partner and I have successfully eaten here once and unsuccessfully twice, we won't be going back. The first visit, the food was average, we were missing cutlery which took forever to get, but the cafe itself is lovely and the coffee was good. The second time, all the staff just ignored us while we waited for a table. We stopped someone, who told us quire rudely to continue to wait and then they disappeared. There were loads of empty tables, lots of people waiting to pay and we'd been standing there for nearly 10 minutes. We left. The third time we thought it couldn't be that bad, and again, we had the same experience. Totally ignored by staff (there were lots of people working, lots of them just chatting and ignoring people waiting to pay or to be to seated).

Such a shame when they have a lovely cafe, just not lovely staff.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (104)

Reviewed May 31, 2019

I had my 60th birthday tea party here. I was slightly nervous beforehand as there were some negative comments about service but everything was amazing. The service was incredible and the food - sandwiches, cakes and cream scones - was delicious. It was a sunny day and the garden was pretty and we all had a relaxed, enjoyable time. I was so pleased I had chosen The Green Cafe for the event.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

This is the third time I have tried this place. It was a sunny day and their garden is lovely. Unfortunately the food just doesn’t match up and we had to wait more than half an hour for it once we’d managed to attract the waiter’s attention. To be fair this was the first sunny day and they probably had more customers than they were expecting. Nevertheless, it was a very long wait. We went for lunch having had a really enthusiastic review from a friend so I put aside my previous (quite bad) experiences here when it first opened thinking maybe they had a new chef. I don’t think they have. The food was just as I remembered. I don’t think I’ll be trying this place a fourth time. There are several much better restaurants in Church Street.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Nice space but the staff at this cafe are lacking in friendly customer service. Have had a few bad experiences and today will be my last! Long waits. Staff speak to you so rudely. Ridiculous rules on where you can and can't sit when there's empty tables everywhere. Have offered coffee take out previously but couldn't today because it was "too" busy. (they really weren't that busy at this point!) Anyone with half decent customer service skills would've smiled and said "Sure, there's a bit of a wait because we're extra busy at the minute- is that ok".

Reviewed April 23, 2019

In the late Saturday afternoon, I realized I had not really eaten since mid-morning, so I popped into Green Room for a quick snack. I had the toast, avocado and mushroom which was very good. My companions just had smoothies. Service was pretty swift given how busy they seemed to be, but you had to grab the waiters attention.

All the all everything was very good while the relaxed atmosphere in the garden restaurant was very pleasing on a sunny spring day.

Date of visit: April 2019