“Amazing”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #298 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Shaftesbury hyde park international one of the finest hotel in bayswater area. we got a very good deal over the internet, it was my first visit to international hotel but definitely we will book this lovely hotel once again without any 2nd thought.

it is our first review on trip advisor. we would like to recommend this hotel for excellent co-operation from all level. staff is extremely polite and professional. breakfast is very delicious and special pancakes are mouthwatering. young receptionist victoria recommended couple of sightseeing tours which really helps to know london very closely.

it was a wonderful stay. hopefully we will return soon.

Room Tip: please contact front desk for information. front desk is very friendly
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel finding it well located for your trip to the city. I was particularly pleased to hear your comments regarding the service from the team and I have passed my thanks to them for making your stay an enjoyable one.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Kind Regards,

Mandar Dhage

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is my second stay at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park, and like the first time, it was a very pleasant one. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room sizes are quite small, but I guess this is the standard in London. On the second day, I was upgraded to a club room, which is quite larger that the standard ones. It is located very conveniently, just across the Bayswater underground station.
Wireless internet is complementary and in all rooms, and the hotel has a modern look.
Will definitively stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. .

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a one night stay in March which my partner had booked as a surprise. She had booked a 'deluxe double room'. On checking in we were allocated a room and as soon as we got in there we were disappointed. The room was small...but the bed was TINY! It wasn't even a double! I don't see how they can advertise the bed in this room as a double as it quite clearly isnt! I'd be surprised if it was a 3/4! There's no way a couple could sleep comfortably in it. I have read previous reviews as im sure the manager has, so why do they continue to put 2 people in these rooms?! If we had bought a room advertised as not having a double bed in it, I would have had no complaints. ...However this was not the case!

In fairness to the hotel, when I complained and pointed out my issues, they moved us straight away to one of the 'club' rooms. This was much better and was actually a really nice room. Very clean, great rain shower and bathroom amd nicely decorated. If I was marking it on this room alone I would have given the hotel 5 out of 5. Another plus point is the great location of this hotel, hyde park just up the road and easy tubes into the very centre of London.

So, thank you for moving us to this much better room but PLEASE STOP putting people in rooms without a double bed when a double bed is what they have paid for! It isn't right and some people who might not like to complain will leave the hotel feeling disappointed and will write a much worse review and score than I have left!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hmsy59
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve in future.

Kind Regards

Mandar Dhage

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a most enjoyable stay in Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. It would not have been possible without wonderful hotel staff. Hotel has a very wonderful lobby with fresh flowers at front desk. We must say that staff is very professional and got very good knowledge about area. We got many recommendation for tour, restaurants. Wow
Room size bit small but it's spotless clean. Breakfast was plentiful. We will definitely visit and recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. I agree the hotel is well located for visits to London offering ease of access to the City and beyond and the team were delighted to hear your kind comments regarding the service that we provide.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde park International for 2nights with my husband we had a lovely time, are room was on the 4th floor the room was very clean, the hotel is a great location for the centre of London.

Stayed: March 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasurable stay at the hotel. I was happy to hear that you found the hotel well located and we will make sure that we will find a more suitable room for your next stay aswell.

I look forward to hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel as we stayed in one of the groups other hotels previously and really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately my review is going to be very mixed, I will start with the good! The hotels location is great, just across the road from Bayswater station and a couple minutes from Queensway meaning that you could be in the city centre in a matter of minutes. There are plenty of little shops bed restaurants nearby also. We arrived a little early but could check in right away and were helped to our room. The room was small as can be expected in London. I also found it very poorly lit. The bathroom was lovely and spacious and modern. The view from our window was of an external fire escape and the window couldn't be locked properly so we didn't leave my valuables in the room at all which was quite annoying. Also our room was on a staircase and directly above the restaurant so we were woken up really early every morning. We had paid for a deluxe room so I would hate to see what a standard room looked like! The cleanliness was a major let down here, our room was cleaned while we were here and appeared to be cleaned adequately until my boyfriend reached down the side of the bed to get the tv remote and found a used tampon applicator! Thank god it was on our last day!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sophie K
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve in future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel during our recent trip to London England. When we arrived from Canada early in the morning our room was not available so we were upgraded to a Club Room which we had for the remainder of our stay. Good for 2 people, room was very clean and linens/towels were changed daily. Staff were very pleasant and accomodating. One block form the Bayswater tube station - very convenient to Hyde Park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards