“Very nice hotel”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #295 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde park International for 2nights with my husband we had a lovely time, are room was on the 4th floor the room was very clean, the hotel is a great location for the centre of London.

Stayed: March 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasurable stay at the hotel. I was happy to hear that you found the hotel well located and we will make sure that we will find a more suitable room for your next stay aswell.

I look forward to hosting you again.

Mandar Dhage.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel as we stayed in one of the groups other hotels previously and really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately my review is going to be very mixed, I will start with the good! The hotels location is great, just across the road from Bayswater station and a couple minutes from Queensway meaning that you could be in the city centre in a matter of minutes. There are plenty of little shops bed restaurants nearby also. We arrived a little early but could check in right away and were helped to our room. The room was small as can be expected in London. I also found it very poorly lit. The bathroom was lovely and spacious and modern. The view from our window was of an external fire escape and the window couldn't be locked properly so we didn't leave my valuables in the room at all which was quite annoying. Also our room was on a staircase and directly above the restaurant so we were woken up really early every morning. We had paid for a deluxe room so I would hate to see what a standard room looked like! The cleanliness was a major let down here, our room was cleaned while we were here and appeared to be cleaned adequately until my boyfriend reached down the side of the bed to get the tv remote and found a used tampon applicator! Thank god it was on our last day!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sophie K
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve in future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel during our recent trip to London England. When we arrived from Canada early in the morning our room was not available so we were upgraded to a Club Room which we had for the remainder of our stay. Good for 2 people, room was very clean and linens/towels were changed daily. Staff were very pleasant and accomodating. One block form the Bayswater tube station - very convenient to Hyde Park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel last Sunday for one night arrived and greeted by the receptionist very pleasant. We where then upgraded to a club room (we had booked a Deluxe). Plenty of choices of resturants nearby recommend the steak house in Bayswater Road near tube entrance.
Beakfast at the hotel, is very good the young lady who looks after you is excellent. There is plenty of choice, but coffee was not the best, ok personal choice. Check out at 12 which is a bonus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. .

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kindest regards,

Mandar Dhage
dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hotel was great value for money, read previews and asked for a bigger room which I got, room needed a little TLC but overall the room was very good, room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, staff were very attentive and polite, arrived early in the day 10am and the room was available which was a boost. Breakfast was compermentry and good and plentiful, the hotel is in a very good location for exploring London, earls court tube station is less than 5 minutes walk away. The hotel was VERY good value for money, would recommend and I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive remarks regarding your visit to the hotel. I was particularly pleased to hear that you found the service from the team to be of a high standard. Please be assured that I have Fed your comments to them and they have been greatly encouraged to hear these comments.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International during a recent trip to England. We had two nights at the hotel while visiting family in London. The service we received from every member of staff was nothing less than five star. The manager welcomed us as soon as we arrived and we felt like honoured guests. We were an hour or so early and while we waited for our room were offered coffee.

Our club room was spotlessly clean, the bed so comfortable and the shower wonderful for tired tourists. The bowl of fruit and the small bottle of wine was very much appreciated. The bath towels were large and soft, and the bathroom amenities were in plentiful supply. Breakfast was great, especially the poached eggs cooked by the chef.

The hotel is centrally located in Bayswater and is in a great position for touring London. Our room may have been a little on the small side but after all this is London. The lack of space was more than made up for by the great staff and the overall cleanliness of our room and the hotel in general.

We would have no hesitation in returning to the hotel for a further stay on our next vist to London, which we hope wll be later this year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel finding it well located for your trip to the city. I was particularly pleased to hear your comments regarding the service from the team and I have passed my thanks to them for making your stay an enjoyable one.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Mandar Dhage

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I normally don't do feedbacks to hotel unless is a complaint! However, I must let the world know our wonderful experience at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel, what makes it special is the attention to detail and the hotel staff go out of their way to ensure the stay and their guests are content.

Simply put, all was perfect & we loved our stay there. A charming hotel in a quiet street with tube stations (literally 2 min walk away from the Bayswater station) also there’s an abundance of great restaurants & shops nearby. Our suite was cosy, delightful and immaculate with brilliant facilities. In the lobby, there were always beautiful fresh flowers, fresh fruit and chocolate for Guests. The service was exceptional. Every morning, a warm welcome in the living area & dining room, the girls were very attentive specially the breakfast lady. Breakfast had a really good variety of items to choose moreover free breakfast if you book with hotel & free Wifi.

Staffs were highly solicitous, attentive and enormously pleasant and interested in their residents & always asked if we had a good day or if we need anything & always checked everything was all right.

Once again, thank you very much to the courteous management team specially Manager Mr Mandar & the entire staff from the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel my brother and I really appreciated all you done for us.

Only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

This is a hidden gem; highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. I agree the hotel is well located for visits to London offering ease of access to the City and beyond and the team were delighted to hear your kind comments regarding the service that we provide.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,