“Excellent stay at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, Bayswater, London”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #300 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent stay at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, Bayswater, London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was travelling solo in London and stayed for 7 days at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International Hotel, in one of their double rooms. I was very pleased with choosing this hotel. The concierge service was 24/7 and there was always someone available when needed. Conversely, when not needed, the staff blend back into the surroundings. This hotel is quiet and restful, but also really close to two tube stations and lines, plus amenities - food, pharmacists, etc. The telie was wide-screen & well-placed to watch from bed. I highly recommend it. (Ps: The breakfast variety is extensive and if you book direct with the hotel, it will save you 12 pounds 99 for the cost of breakfast per day, as it did me.)

Room Tip: My room was on the fourth (top) floor, but I don't think it would have made any difference.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback following your recent stay with us at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests receive only the best in customer excellence.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. .

i hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My visit to this hotel is mired in regret. We were meant to be staying at the notting hill hotel of the same company but due to overbooking and clearly poor organisation we were shipped to the hyde park international. Up to this point I was happy to be moved as the person dealing with us in this hotel was polite, courteous and well trained. We then arrived at the new hotel. The receptionist here called Ganga was rude and impolite the polar opposite to her counter part in the other hotel. I was clearly displeased with her way of dealing with me but made no apologies. She also announced loudly in front of other guests that my card had been "declined 3 times" in the previous hotel but it worked on her machine so clearly it was a error on their part. I was embarrassed by the way she talked down to me and spoke so candidly to me about the card being declined in front of other guests. She didn't say enjoy your stay or apologise for the inconveniences. So we then arrived in our room up four flights of stairs because the lift was out. The room was small but reasonably presented. However, the lights weren't working in the main room so we made do with the auxiliary lights in the room. So in our dull room we also discovered several of the bathroom fittings were damaged. The plug adjuster came off in my hand and the dials were missing coverings that made them look tatty. Furthermore, the air conditioning was poor and the window would open a slither so we quickly overheated in our little room. Due to the earlier confusion with our hotel we missed our dinner reservations and we made sure we enjoyed our evening at the hotel through more carnal pleasures. But when we finally laid our heads to rest the bed was small and uncomfortable. So we promptly left in the morning after a thoroughly unenjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Samw121311
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time and effort taken to write the review.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that the service has caused you. Please be advised we have taken the feedback seriously and are working out with the Maintenance managers of the hotel to tackle the issue.

Could you please be kind enough to contact me on the below mentioned email address so we could get back to you personally.

We at The Shaftesbury Hyde Park International strive to make sure each and every guest experiences luxury and a wonderful stay.

For any further reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Sincerely

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

l stayed in Hyde Park International two weeks and are very pleased with the services offered,the staff is very friendly and helpful highly organized and cooperative, the only problem l met her in the elevator was broken but due to staff she reception and good organization that they showed everything went perfectly and smoothly .l recommend this hotel because it is a superb location situatednear the station of Bayswater and Queensway Tube and because it is very clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant is very welcoming and the food of good quality. My congratulations from General Manager and entire staff for competence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just came back from a short stay at this hotel and we didn't want to leave! From seeing the reviews on here already I knew the hotel would be fine. But it was beyond what I had expected. Great location and easy to find less then 30seconds away from bayswater station with queensway and nottinghill station not far either. On arrival the door was opened for us and our bags were taken directly to our rooms after check in which was very quick. The manager and other staff were overly friendly and the ambiance of the reception was warm and inviting. Our room was gorgeous, the bathroom had heated flooring which was great and the bed felt amazing we just sank into it. (In a good way). The tv had all the channels I would watch at home and the hotel was quiet and we weren't disturbed by any noises or loud passers by in the corridor. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.!! Will definitely be going here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially happy to know that the location made a great impact on you.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate our team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

With kindest regards

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel. Stayed Monday to Thursday for the last 2 months. Really can't beat it for value. Genuine 4 star hotel in a great location next to notting hill, hyde park and the tube lines. Couldn't get more polite staff. Really couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed February 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

With kindest regards

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is ideally situated near Bayswater station and Queensway. The staff are pleasant and do their utmost to ensure that expectations are met. They upgraded my room at no charge to a double larger sized suite, which was a great touch. Their standard rooms are small, but I recommend that long-stay travelers in particular ask for the larger room upgrade, as it is well worth it for the extra space.

The bathrooms are clean and well kept and the shower is excellent with constant hot water and good pressure. The only gripes I have are that it is difficult to get to your room when you have a lot of luggage, because even though there is a lift, you still may have to take the stairs on the floor to get to certain rooms. Also, the lift was out of service during my check out period, which was a major inconvenience. Nonetheless, the staff do offer to assist in these circumstances.

One final quip I have is with the breakfast charge, which, at 12 pounds seems a bit pricey, especially considering the fact that certain other hotels in the area offer free breakfast, albeit not full english, like at Shaftesbury. It would be a nice touch to add a more simple breakfast at no charge, in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury HydePark International.

Warm Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hello,I spent a week in the hotel is very clean and hygienic all the workers are very friendly and polite it's a good location,we had a beautiful holiday everything is perfect and not to mention the workers of reception you always welcomed whit a. Smile on your face and very friendly, the recently

• Stayed February 2014
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this review, February 10, 2014