“Appalling” 1 of 5 bubbles

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hi I came to Zoo bar on Saturday 2nd Febuary 2013 as I entered the bouncers were very pleasant, we walked thought the club and the rnb room smelt of sick, I went to the bath room where it was even worse, I asked the attendant what happened and she said there was sick everywhere... She opened a cubicle when I tried to leave she demanded money and tried to block me from leaving the toilets and started shouting that she had opened a cubicle for me and that I should pay her, however I left to meet my friend we ordered a drink at the rnb bar the bar lady was rude no costumer service skills whatsoever and she gave me dirty looks throughout the sale, my friend asked the DJ to play a song and again he was rude by simply saying no no no, however the night progressed we were on the dance floor and a song came on but what I realised is the DJ was playing the 1st 10 seconds of each song and changing them straight away, I approached him and asked him to play me a song and he called me an idiot and called a bouncer over towards me, he then started speaking into the microphone and continued to verbally abuse me by turning the music off and speaking in the mic so everyone was looking at me, the bouncer came over and said I do not want to chuck you out but just ignore him... Me and my friend moved to the dance room and enjoyed the rest of our evening. Now if I was somebody else lets say drunker/more aggressive / a man the situation in all circumstances would have escalated because of the lack of professionalism and competence of your staff, I would not expect to find such appalling staff in a pub let alone a well know club in leister square... Before I blog about my experiences I wanted to contact you first to make you aware of what is going on in your club, and I most certainly will not be venturing there again with the appalling behaviour I witnessed. Your bouncers were fair and polite but the Nigerian toilet attendant, polish bar attendant & British DJ where disgraceful. All three incidents happened at around 02.30pm

Visited January 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great party night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Whilst over in London in December 2012, my girlfriend found ourselves a little bored one evening (having planned to relax and watch a movie after a full day out) and I decided to walk about Leicester Square and found ourselves stumbling into Zoo Bar. What an awesome night it turned out to be! We met 2 guys from UK, a party of 3 from Venezuela, an Italian lady and loads and loads of cocktails...the place is not the Ritz, but then again its a bar...its supposed to be a little loud and a little hard! The drinks were awesome especially since it was Happy Hour so we had cheap rounds and thoroughly enjoyed the dancing and partying and yes the bouncers do complain about you leaving your bags or jackets in the club and insist on checking this in to the cloakroom - but come on, its for your own protection!!! The cloakroom didnt even charge us for keeping our bags...

Was definitely a great night with great, new friends and awesome music. We partied till the early hours of the morning!!!

Visited December 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The staff could work like they like their job”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The staff look like the don't want to service you and stevie wonder could of done a better job mixing then Dj

1 Thank Billow31
London, United Kingdom
“Zoo Bar - Great Dancing and fun times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Zoo Bar was a great night out. A good mix of Londoners and also travellers from all over the world. The drink specials made for an affordable night out. There were no hassles the night I was there, but plenty of security on hand if needed. Music was current, and even though I am late 20's there was a wide range of ages present. Would go again.

Next time I might get there a little earlier than 11pm as the queue is meant to be better around 10pm

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A great Party Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Pumping when I walked in on a Wednesday night, great atmosphere and a great mixture of music, good drinks prices as well. Cloakroom queue a bit to long.

Visited November 2012