โ€‚โ€‚
Recommended experiences in and around London
The Ginstitute
11 Reviews
from $153.67
from $38.42
from $30.73
from $48.92
More Info
All reviews tom collins gin lovers portobello road gin gin cocktails gin making g ts gin palace great fun portobello star history room based drinks goody bag london dry gin tasting room pink grapefruit informative history interesting talk
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

All the money worth experience. A very funny storyteller started by telling us the history of gin acompaniet by some good drinks followed by a tasting of botanicals and the making of once own signature gin. A most go for all gin lovers

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Stopped by The Ginstitute while walking through the Portobello Road Market. There is indoor and outdoor seating available. Outdoor seating offers a server so you do not need to go in and out every time you need a drink. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The drinks were great but if you are planning on having a few it can add up. Drink range from ยฃ9-12. I would definitely go back.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I was given a gift voucher for The Ginstitute and went for a gin experience (3hours).
It was great! We were greeted with a Tom Collins (a bit too sweet for me).
We started with the history of gin in London (whilst drinking two G&Ts). Then we moved into the distillery and smelt/tasted a lot of botanicals, so that by the end of the session you select the flavours for your own bottle of gin (which you take with you).
It was a very good experience and you definitely know you have had a few drinks by the time you leave. Oh I forgot to mention the martini you are given .
Great afternoon/evening but not cheap.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile
Review of: The Ginstitute

We had the most fun learning about gin, then making our own bottles to take home. The history lesson was really interesting, but the highlight was trading all the different botanicals and deciding what I wanted to put in my recipe. I loved that we tasted each others concoctions to.

This was a great evening!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019
Review of: The Ginstitute

We did this gin tasting course on a Friday night with James as the host, who was so funny and informative. His history lesson on gin was fun, punchy and interesting.
Wow the gin cocktails were incredible!
It was really fun making your own gin; you get to try loads of quirky flavours (like asparagus, rosebud etc) neat.
We had such a nice evening and I would highly recommend this to my friends and family!

Date of experience: July 2019