“Liked the place.”

Excelsior Hotel London
Ranked #380 of 577 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Good and clean rooms. Leave all your lodging worries once you have a booking there.

Reviewed March 19, 2008

I had stayed at Excelsior Hotel for the first time in August 2007 and I was there in that hotel for 2 months.
I was so comfortable that I opted to stay in the same hotel the second time I visited London this February.
Most important is the rooms are very clean and nice all times and the hotel staff is very cooperative.

Its in heart of London from where all major London attractions are very near by and its exactly opposite to Kings Cross station where most of the tube lines intersect.

I will recommend everyone to stay in this hotel as its best what you can get in that rates.

saurabh

Reviewed February 22, 2008

While the location of the hotel actually is pretty good (near Kings Cross), the size of the quad room of this hotel is smaller than the average car. I can only imagine what a double or single room would be like...
The breakfast facilities, the shower/toilet combination and the tidiness are of the same low quality.

Reviewed December 17, 2007

I paid for a concert and stay in this hotel for a Christmas present for my boyfriend and was really disappointed with the hotel. I think for £79 it's an absolute rip off. The website makes the hotel look lovely; it's not! The room was tiny with a converted cupboard for a bathroom. no shampoo in room and they supplied the smallest towels ever that had holes in. The bathroom lock didn't work. There were staines on the bedroom walls. The sheets were clean though there were hairs in the bed. The woman we checked in with wasn't very friendly and on checking out, I rang the bell and she took the keys and shut the door. I was livid that for £80 i got the tinyest room ever. We didn't bother with breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Last August was my third stay in Argyle Square, in one of the three hotels that are managed by the same family. This time it was the Excelsior, which is affordable and strategically located near King's Cross Station and the British Library. My room was small but clean and fresh, and the staff was always kind and helpful. Breakfast is in the basement of the Argyle Hotel which is just one minute's walk from the Excelsior. I had a good time and I think I'll stay there again in the future.
Cristina (from Italy)

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed at the Excelsior for one night with my mother and my sister, as we went to London for the weekend for my sisters' 30th birthday.
We initially booked the hotel because of the fact it was so close to Kings Cross Underground and Railway (literally 3 minutes walk) and the pictures of the rooms on LateRooms.com were really impressive. That was until I read the reviews of it on Trip Advisor! I was totally put off by the comments people made about the place and even tried to convince my mother and sister to get somewhere else but they said it was too late.
I won't bore you with the details of how you had to check in at another hotel blah blah blah.
What I will say is the room we stayed in (Room 16) was spacious, immaculate, well presented and well equipped not only for what we needed but by far and away value for money!
We didn't have much to do with the staff but the 2 reception guys we did speak to were pleasant and friendly, and yes they were foreign but who cares and frankly what more do you expect in the Capital?
I would definately recommend staying here and I will most definately stay here again if and when I return to London.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank emmapayne
Reviewed September 11, 2007

Very dishonest and totally unacceptable!

This group has three hotels, Excelsior Hotel, Melville Hotel and Albion House, I strongly suggest you do not stay in any hotel under this group. Below is my experience.

I booked Albion House but all guests who book Albion House have to check-in at Melville Hotel which is 1 minute walk. I booked a twin en-suite room for two nights at Albion House and the guy at the reception of Melville Hotel asked me to pay all my room charge first, which I did. Then he showed me to Albion House. On the way, he told me that tomorrow I have to move to another room. He said he has given me a bigger room. The way he said that as if he has done a big favour for me! I stayed two nights only but have to change room every night. I felt this hotel very dishonest. I made reservation in July, if you cannot accommodate my request for a room for two nights, you can reject my booking but they confirmed my booking. I felt they are dishonest because the guy at reception never mentioned to me that I have to change room before I paid my room charge. If I knew that, there were >40 hotels in that district, I maybe able to find another hotel. It was so troublesome as I have to pack and unpack.

Besides, no bath soap and shampoo provided in the room, only a tiny piece of soap. The alarm in the room is not working. Breakfast is very simple, they give you 2 slices of white bread. On the counter, there is boiled egg, two kinds of cereal, orange juice or apple juice, some canned fruit, coffee or tea.

I strongly suggest you do not stay in this hotel or other hotel under this group which is Excelsior Hotel and Melville Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007