“Overnight stay after NFL at Wembley” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Elstree

Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Ranked #608 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay after NFL at Wembley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Myself, my wife and son chose to stay here as it was close enough for me to reach Wembley. We arrived prior to check-in at 2pm, the chap on reception seemed quite flustered, despite the fact we were the only people at reception at this time and wasn't very helpful either! Usually at any Holiday Inn we stay at I am offered a morning paper, to purchase of course upon check-out but when I asked about this he just pointed to the papers on the stand opposite reception. Maybe this is down to this being a franchised Holiday Inn instead of the usual type? Upon arriving at the room, there was no travel cot for our son, despite emailing the hotel to ask for this.

My wife and son enjoyed using the pool and there was an excellent choice of breakfast. On the whole, a very nice hotel but receptionist could have been more helpful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay with us whilst visiting Wembley for the NFL.
I have noted all of the points you have raised and I will ensure they are shared with the hotel team in order that any necessary improvements can be made. We always use constructive comments as a way of improving the service we offer to all of our guests.
If you would like to discuss your review with me directly in more detail or if I may be of further assistance to you then I can be contacted via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988.
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we were attending a party in High Barnet which is only a few minutes away. We chose this hotel not only for its proximity to Barnet but also because it is close to the M25 so perfect for an easy get away in the morning.

The room was clean and had everything you would expect for the price - I would have liked free wifi but at £69 I got what I expected. The room was very hot, and we only realised there was aircon in the morning as it was a bit too discreet. The communal areas were also a bit too hot but we didn't have control of the aircon there. The view was overlooking a lower level roof (from 137) but we didn't chose a hotel just off the motorway for the scenary.
The bathroom was clean and a good size, conditioner would have been a nice extra but there was a note saying toiletries would be provided complimentary if we contacted reception.
We, along with friends arrived back to the hotel late, 1.30ish, the bar was quiet but the guy on reception informed us that we could stay as long as we liked and he would serve us once the barman finished - we didn't need him to stay too long!
Breakfast was an extra £10, and £15 if not paid in advance but it was very nice, hot and a good choice of a full English, fruit, cereals or pastries - or all of the above as it was self service. We stayed on a Saturday and breakfast was available until 11am which was a bonus after a late one. They shut up shop fairly promptly at 11 though.
We didn't have time to try out the spa unfortunately so I haven't rated that.
Check out was at 12 - another bonus, so time for a short lie down after breakfast before the journey home.
All in all a very pleasant experience and I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone heading to London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comprehensive and constructive review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay with us.
I will ensure that your review is shared with our hotel team members as appropriate, they work hard to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay and they are always delighted to learn when they get things right.
We always use reviews of our hotel to work towards improving the service and product we offer to all of our guests.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future. In the meantime if there is any way I can be of assistance then please do not hesitate to let me know.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

oh dear. Things haven't improved. Despite being a Platinum Priority club member and phoning ahead this morning to request a quiet room I'm still in a room that is noisier than a cross channel ferry!

As I've said previously on here.... the premier inn half a mile up the road is a much better option if you truly want a quiet night.

Holiday Inn, Elstree, ..... it's a joke

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank caroljan62
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest
I have noted the review that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website whilst staying in our hotel this week.
I am sorry that you did not feel able to bring to our attention as soon as you realised that you were disappointed with your accommodation. I am confident that we could have found an alternative for you before it spoilt your enjoyment of your stay.
Our location is close to the main road which is great for transport links but as you have noted can this lead to passing traffic being audible in some parts of the building despite the presence of extra glazing and air conditioning.
If you would like to discuss your review in more detail I can be contacted via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Local to my office, I stay here from time to time. On the face of it, it's got that large foyer / plenty of large windows in Reception / lots of wooden panels - look about it which suggests slightly up-market. Nice attention to detail with the choice of pictures on the walls. Bedrooms are fine - unremarkable but clean.

The eating experience is weird. It has the feel of a Sports Bar and the bar staff seem to be drawn from various parts of the hotel as necessary. That's not to say that the service is poor - it's not.

Suffice it to say that you'll get a good night's sleep, a decent but unexciting buffet breakfast - but expect to pay for wifi............why or why ?

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website.

I have noted all of the feedback you have provided and will act on it as appropriate. We do talk about all of our reviews within the team and look upon all information given as an opportunity to improve the service we offer to all of our guests.

Regarding our Wifi charge, it is currently something that is beyond our control at hotel level. However, since July 2013 we have offered free wifi to all Gold and above statused IHG Reward club members and in 2014 this will extend to all IHG Rewards members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London-Elstree in the very near future. In the meantime if there is any other way we may be of assistance then do not hesitate to let us know.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, its a average hotel for a reasonable price. However the staff in all areas are extremly friendly and very helpful, this makes the hotel a very worthwhile place to stay. It's got very good transport links to the motorways being situated just next to the A1. Rooms are clean and have all you need. Breakfast is excellent all tastes are catered for. Evening meals not so good as with allot of hotels the food is far better for breakfast. Give the pizzas a miss, ceasar salad worth a try. Ask for a room at the the rear of the hotel so the noise of the road does not disturb you. Note to hotel move your smoking area, its not nice walking through the smokers to get in the hotel! Why would it be ok?

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear.
Dear Guest
I have noted all of the comments you made and I am especially glad that you feel so positively about our Team Members. I will ensure that they are made aware of your praise as I know they will be delighted.
We do have a smoking area away from the front doors but unfortunately due to planning regulations we are unable to provide a shelter so in inclement weather smokers do tend to congegate around the canopy porch which I agree is not ideal.
We hope to be able to continue to welcome you backk to the hotel in the future. If there is any other way that I may be of assistance then please do not hesitate to let me know.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stop at this hotel while working away with work. On arrival hotel staff always remember me and offer me free points or free drink voucher as they know I am a IHG rewards gold member. The staff are very helpful and friendly, especially Asil and Wendy. I often turn up very early in the morning after working a night shift and they make sure I get some food and a pint, which I have not had at some other hotels. Also when I leave for work very early in the morning, the staff will make me a takeaway breakfast bag that I collect on the way out with a coffee. Overall a very good experience

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to be able to continue to welcome you back in the future.
I have noted your specific praise for Wendy and Asil and I will ensure that they are thanked and recognised appropriately. I am glad that we have managed to provide those small things that make staying away from home a more enjoyable experience.
If there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you then please do not hesitate to let us know.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Excellent hotel,great facilities ,bar and restaurant staff all great apart from a female adolf hitler style lady with glasses ,overall a good hotel within easy reach of london.also not far from elstree and borehamwood centre,weatherspoons down there plus a few decent restaurants/takeaways.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree followingyour recent stay with us.
I have noted all of your comments and I will ensure that they are shared with the Hotel team as appropriate.
If there is any further way I can be of assistance then please do not hesitate to let me know.
Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#288 of 1,086 in London
BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel
#485 of 1,086 in London
Ramada London Finchley
#651 of 1,086 in London
Clapham / Battersea
Pelican London Hotel and Residence

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!