“The staff make the difference”

Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Ranked #626 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Love this Holiday inn, bigger than most but its the staff that make the difference, they are first class, from the gym to the restaurant, all are top draw. Cheeky i know, but if you want to get away from the hotel, get a cab to the nearby "the gate" pub and restaurant (£3-50) Great value and great food.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can get noise from the A1, ask for a back room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing a review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website. I was very pleased to ready your positive comments and I will certainly be sharing these with the rest of the hotel team who I am sure will be thrilled.
We hope that you will choose to continue to visit the hotel when you are staying in the local area. (We don't mind you mentioning other local businesses, we like to support the local community too!)
If there is anything further we can do to be of assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked a room for my husband and daughetr to join me after a day working .I requested on booked a small bed for my daughter in our room.When my husband checked in he was assured it would be there .When we arrived at midnight no bed was in the room and the receptionist said they had no beds spare in the hotel.This took him about 30 mins and we were all exhausted.When I complained further teh next day to teh deputy manager she just looked at me and said she would have a word with him but made no real effort to apologise or even offer a complimentary coffee !We were exhausted and had a bad night .The staff were very robotic and cold.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest
I am very sorry to read of your poor experience of the Holiday Inn London Elstree via the review that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website.
Guest feedback of all kinds is always welcomed at this hotel and we use this to improve the service that we offer to all of our guests. I am sorry that you feel that the service you received during your stay was poor and that we did not manage to put things right for you once they had gone wrong.
I would like the opportunity to discuss your review with you personally. If it is convenient for you please call me at the hotel via the main switchboard on 0208 214 9988.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here with my Mum for the Michael Buble concert. Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, nice clean room. Breakfast was excellent and when purchased on check in was only £10 per person. Excellent value. Will stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 115 and it was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
I am, of course, delighted by the positive review that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I will share your comments with the hotel team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next visting the area. In the meantime if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a business hotel, reps workers etc so the ambience is a little cold and unfriendly, the day I stayed they had a new computer .
The starter was pate , with only 9 diners they forgot mine and one other so it took 30 mins to arrive, it was ok but a little small
mixed grill was mixed results, steak was good and the sausages great but the chicken and black pudding were as dry as hell.
then came the pudding or at least it should have done, after a 30 mins wait and no staff came near me I gave up and left.
This is £145 per night and the room had a safe but was no better than a premier inn.

Room Tip: have breakfast but eat elsewhere at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
We do always welcome guest feedback of all kinds and will use your comments to improve the service that we offer to all of our guests. I have communicated the information that you have provided to the relevant Departmental Managers who will take any necessary steps going forward.
We were operating with new computer systems during the past couple of weeks. Everyone had received training but some things were taking longer than ususal. This is, of course, no excuse for the poor service you feel you recieved.
We do have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day and it is a shame that you did not manage to discuss your dis-satisfaction with this person before it affected your stay experience. If you do stay at any of our hotels again in the future please do let us know if there is anything that is negatively influencing your stay before you depart the hotel and the GRM will do all in their power to put things right.
If you would like to discuss your stay, your review or anything else with me I would be happy to do so. Please call me at the hotel via the main switchboard on 0208 214 9988.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went for an executive room.very disappointing. It is advertise that I would get complimentary chocolates ,all I got was a cheap Cadbury chocolate bar!!i could hear the people next door all night so could not get a decent sleep.diner was average so was the breakfast.nothing special.not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela O
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest
I have noted your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay.

Our aim is that every guest has an enjoyable and relaxing experience when staying with us and I am sorry that we have fallen short of this for you.

The hotel has a Guest Realtions Manager on duty 24 hours a day and it is unfortunate that you did not bring your dissatisfaction to this persons attention as we may have been able to resolve things before you checked out. If you would like to discuss your experience I am available at the hotel via the main switchboard on 02082149988.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is convenient for the A1 just outside London but downside is the road noise. I tried 4 rooms, none of which I would say were quiet if you wanted to leave the window open, They do have aircon though. I ended up in the old part of the hotel at the back. I would say the room was below standard - worn carpet, no socket by the bed, poor bathroom with dodgy electrics (and pubic hair on the floor!).

The greeting was not welcoming, the receptionist was reluctant to give any Priority Club recognition, nor is there any free wifi. The leisure club was reasonable - plenty of equipment in the gym, pool not so good as it is small.

Good offer in the restaurant but the glass of wine included in the meal was awful. Food good but service a bit random by friendly staff. We were looked after in the morning with a 5am breakfast which was appreciated.

Wouldn't chose to stay there again.

Room Tip: You'll have to close the window for a peaceful night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of this hotel on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay.
I appreciate your constructive feedback and I am sorry that you did not enjoy all parts of your stay. We will use the information that you have provided in our efforts to continually improve the product and service we ofer to all of our guests.
I would be interested to learn which room it was that you occupied. We have regular electrical safety tests so our wiring is very safe, however, I would like to check this room following your comments. Of course, hairs on the floor should also not be present and I will raise this with the housekeeper.
Due to the location of the hotel we are surrounded by a busy road network (which can be a benefit also if you need good transport links) but the rooms are all double glazed and there is the air conditioning that you have mentioned to minimise as much as possible any disturbance to guests.
Free Wifi will be available for all statused Gold or above IHG Rewards Club members from 1st July 2013 with availability for all members in 2014. Currently tour decision is to employ an outside contractor which is a cost but gives a better service.
If there is anything that you would like to discuss with me directly I can be contacted via the hotel switchboard on 02082149988 - in particular I would be grateful to learn the number of your room. I hope to hear from you shortly.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here because we were going to the Bruce Springsteen concert at Wembley and we were just looking for an overnight stop but it certainly exceeded our expectations. Although the immediate area isn't very impressive, it's only 20 minutes drive to Wembley. We booked and paid in advance online so the room was only £59 and breakfast was extra. Dinner was excellent value too with large portions (be warned!) The room was a good size too and much bigger than I'd been expecting for the price with a big bed, large bathroom and seating area. Although we didn't have time to try the spa, the pool looked lovely and again big enough to actually swim in. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a later than usual check out off 12.00. We would definitely stay here again for Wembley or even a day out in London.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.
I am, of course, delighted with your positive comments and I am very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will share your feedback with the hotel team as soon as possible.
I am pleased to note that you may be staying with us again in a future visit to the area and we all look forward to being able to welcome you back again very soon. In the meantime if we can be of further assistance then do not hesitate to let us know.
Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23
#428 of 1,077 in London
Henry VIII Hotel
Henry VIII Hotel
#875 of 1,077 in London

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!