Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23
$249
$211
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$164
$152
$132
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure facilitiesgood sizesteam roomrestaurant staffan irondecent hotelstayed here for two nightsgymweddingproximitytube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the holiday inn with my wife and her mum for the fa vase final at wembley . Check in staff helpful assisted us with info to get to wembley . Rooms comfortable and clean . Food in restaurant good on Saturday night and good breakfast . Went to wembley and left car with no extra charge collected after game. A nice touch and a good hotel for central London !

• Stayed: March 2013
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found our team members to be helpful. I will ensure that your positive comments are shared with all of our team members.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future. If we can be of further assistance in any way then do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

came here on what was apparently good rate of 75 pounds per room b and b rooms are nice and well appointed. the swimming pool is very small and on a saturday afternoon was very crowded there were really too many people in it my concerns were with the food pricing and quality food and drinks are expensive. my sons mixed grill was approx 18 pounds and all items were overcooked and some inedible. we brought this to the attention of the waiter who was vwery nice and very apologetic and said he would bring it to the attention of the manager who only sanctioned a deduction of 5 pounds for a free dessert and not the cost of the grill. i was woken at 2.30 by th e people in the room next door their baby was awake and even though they were having probably a normal conversation the paper thin walls made it very disruptive for us and i was obliged to ring down and ask reception to ask them to be quiet . also there was issues with breakfast. usual buffet items left out too long the sausages however appeared pink and raw inside the supervisor said the chef siad it was because of the herbs that they looked pink we were not convinced by this. so therefore generally good valeu but response to customer concerns could be better and food pricinga nd qualit yneeds attention in certain areas i should say our meals were fine

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
I have reviewed the feedback that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay with us and noted the different points that you have identified.

I was concerned that you have said that the pool was overcrowded on the afternoon of your visit. Our pool has a strict bather load and this is closely monitored by the team on duty in the leisure facilities. I have spoken to the team members who were on duty and they have assured me that at no point did they observe that the pool was overloaded. However, I do appreciate your feeling that it can seem overcrowded if there are a number of families with energetic young ones using this facility.

Regarding the issues with your meals and accommodation. I apolgise for any inconvenience caused to you and your family. I will discuss your comments with the relevant departmental managers and ensure the necessary actions are taken as appropriate.

If you are staying again in the future and are unhappy with any element of the service or product please bring this to the attention of the Guest Relations Manager who will do all in their power to put things right before it affects the enjoyment of your stay.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to post a review. We always use such information to work towards improving the service we offer to all of our guests.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel is a wee bit dated to be honest, and shabby in places to say the least. The swimming pool teeny tiny but the staff were really helpful and very friendly. All of the cast from dancing on ice were staying there when we were so to be honest who cares about shabby and dated!? Plus excellent links into the city, all in all a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that say that you had a great stay and had an interesting time spotting some of our more high profile guests in the public areas.

Whilst our hotel is not a new modern property we do concentrate on keeping all areas clean, tidy and well maintained. If you feel at any point during a stay at any of our hotels that we are falling short of our aim then please speak to the Guest Relations Manager who whill do all in their power to put things right.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and to have to opportunity to make a better impression next time.

In the meantime if we can be of assistance in any way then do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I popped into this hotel with a colleague on Monday 4th March for a snack lunch. What a mistake!! We stood at the bar waiting to find a person to give an order to, there were a couple of other tables with people who were either having coffee or a sandwich. After a while I went to the reception desk (the reception/bar area are open plan) where one receptionist was checking in a couple. I waited patiently but as the check in seemed rather a long affair I just asked where we could order a sandwich - the curt reply was 'at the bar'. Back we went, searching through a dark and obviously shut restaurant, back to the bar - by this time one of the occupied tables was about to leave and the gentleman wanted to pay for his refreshments. Still no sign of anyone! It was by this time 1.00 pm and we decided that as it was obviously going to take an age to find anyone, it would probably take even longer to get anything to eat! Back to the receptionist who was still chatting politely to the check in couple explaining about trains into London etc etc, I politely asked how to get out of the carpark (token is required) without barely looking up she just pointed to a pot on the desk, at which point I explained that we were leaving as we were unable to order anything, no one was around and that we would definitely not be coming back!!! I would never, ever go there again. I found it unbelievable that during a 20 minute stroll around the bar and reception area we did not see anyone who could serve us, extremely bad experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
I have noted your review on the Trip Advisor website following your visit to the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on 4th March 2013.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and your colleague. Please be assured that we have investigated the points you have raised and made any necessary adjustments to our staffing levels as appropriate.
I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention. We always use all guest feedback as a way of improving the service we offer to all of our guests.
If there is any further way we may be of assistance to you then do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good Points:
Comfy Bed
Reasonably quiet considering close location to A1
Public areas- well kept and comfortable

Bad Points:
Bathroom needs refurbishment-large gaps in side panel of bath
Shower not very powerful
Extractor fan operated with light,is excessively loud and operates for too long after light is switched off

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.
I am pleased with the positive points that you have metioned but also sorry that you were disappointed with your experience in some respects. I will look into the points that you have raised and do all that we can to put things right.
It would be very helpful if you coud let me know which room that you occupied so that I can inspect it personally. You can contact me via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988 or drop me a line via the hotel's main email address at hielstree@qmh-hotels.com . I hope to hear from you soon.
In the meantime if there is any way we can be of assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.
Kind regards