Been here a number of time but decided to use it again as I had business in the area, location just of A1 is good for getting back to M25 or down A1 into London and also good for getting tube from Barnett directly into city.
Check in was ok, desk staff not exactly enthusiastic and no mention of Priority status and no upgrade, given room on lower floor, smelt of damp as soon as you walked through the door, condensation running down the windows and bed and pillows damp. Returned to front desk to request change of room, this caused some problems and eventually I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor, just a basic room no frills, bed and bathroom with shower that dribbled.
As a platinum member I would have expected a bottle of water or something, in other Holiday Inns it is normal to get a goodie bag of water or wine and snacks as well as paper or a bar voucher, here nothing and considering my experience with the first room it was even more of a disappointment to be fobbed off to a basic room without any apology.
Bar food was ok, served in efficient time, not piping hot but edible,, breakfast was ok, hot selection but no one stirring beans so skin forming over them when I arrived, scrambled eggs congealed together but cold selection was ok with fruit and yogurt and a reasonable coffee machine.
Disappointed in this trip, hotel could be so much better but its starting to be in need of a makeover and the staff are not exactly enthusiastic about their positions, seems to be holding a lot of corporate events so I would assume a lot of income now comes from this area. Not sure I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn-London Elstree is situated just off the A1, close to both the M25 & M1 motorways and is only 8 miles from the newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium. Elstree and Borehamwood Railway Station is just 2 miles from the hotel making us the ideal base for both the business and leisure traveller, with London Heathrow and London Luton airportswithin just 30 miles of the hotel. The onsite leisure club boasts a range of facilities including an indoor pool, equipped gym, steam room, spa and luxury beauty treatments. All 135 air-conditioned bedrooms at Holiday Inn Elstree provide television with in-house movies, tea and coffee-making facilities, private dial out telephones, laptop safe, trouser press and hairdryer. The meeting facilities are second to none with reliable support services and conference rooms designed for your comfort with 13 meeting and conference rooms with the flexibility to hold either social or business meetings for 2 to 400 persons. All meeting rooms at Holiday Inn Elstree have natural daylight.O'Sullivans Restaurant is an outstanding place to dine, with a variety of tasty dishes to suit all. Alternatively you can chill out in the bar and lounge area. The car park at Holiday Inn London-Elstree has space for up to 300 cars with specialist disabled facilities. In compliance with English Law smoking is only permitted in designated smoking bedrooms in this hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Elstree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Elstree Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Borehamwood
- Borehamwood Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Elstree England