My daughter and I have just returned from a weekend bus trip to visit Buckingham Palace, shops etc and had expected an overnight stay in one of the hotels around Heathrow which I have to say, from past experience of a few in that area , I was not looking forward to, but instead plans were changed and were taken to The Holiday Inn at Elstree/Borehamwood.
From our arrival to the point of departure the whole time was very pleasing. The desk staff were friendly and welcoming and our room bigger than expected and beautifully clean. Our beds were comfortable and the room temperature easily set to our liking. The bathroom was of a good size, clean and well kitted out.
The evening meal which we had in the onsite reastaurant was excellent and a surprisingly low price for the London area with its usual bumped up prices. We paid under £20 for a mixed grill which was succulent,diverse and plentiful, and our breakfast was of the same very high standard.
Our waiter at both meals was attentive and very pleasant, but unfortunately I cannot remember his name or I would mention personally.
All in all we had a lovely stay and hope that get the chance to return. I have even suggested to our travel company that they change their bookings to use this hotel as a regular stopover.
With being unaware of where we would be staying we did not have our bathing things with us so were disappointed to be unable to use the swimming pool which looked very inviting too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn-London Elstree is situated just off the A1, close to both the M25 & M1 motorways and is only 8 miles from the newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium. Elstree and Borehamwood Railway Station is just 2 miles from the hotel making us the ideal base for both the business and leisure traveller, with London Heathrow and London Luton airportswithin just 30 miles of the hotel. The onsite leisure club boasts a range of facilities including an indoor pool, equipped gym, steam room, spa and luxury beauty treatments. All 135 air-conditioned bedrooms at Holiday Inn Elstree provide television with in-house movies, tea and coffee-making facilities, private dial out telephones, laptop safe, trouser press and hairdryer. The meeting facilities are second to none with reliable support services and conference rooms designed for your comfort with 13 meeting and conference rooms with the flexibility to hold either social or business meetings for 2 to 400 persons. All meeting rooms at Holiday Inn Elstree have natural daylight.O'Sullivans Restaurant is an outstanding place to dine, with a variety of tasty dishes to suit all. Alternatively you can chill out in the bar and lounge area. The car park at Holiday Inn London-Elstree has space for up to 300 cars with specialist disabled facilities. In compliance with English Law smoking is only permitted in designated smoking bedrooms in this hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Elstree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Elstree Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Borehamwood
- Borehamwood Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Elstree England