“Definitely not so terrible!”
Review of Four Stars Hotel

Four Stars Hotel
Ranked #426 of 556 London B&B and Inns
Zagreb, Croatia
“Definitely not so terrible!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I traveled alone in April as a birthday present to myself and had booked this b&b through ratestogo.com so I ended up alone in double ensuite room for the price of a single one. After reading some of the reviews here I was a bit afraid about staying there but all in all it wasn't bad at all. Room and bathroom were clean and maid service was provided daily, bed was comfy and really that's all I needed. It is cheap and you have to consider that this is London after all. I would have to say that it is value for money. Location is really good and central, very good conection through night buses. Have in mind that this is a budget b&b and don't have high expectations and you'll be fine there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Londoninheart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2011

complete dive this place needs closing down with imediate effect this place is not fit for pigs to live in mouse traps on the floor old bedding which is stained pillows might as well of slept without em carpets filithy dirty, curtains dont shut, bathroom moulded up shower curtain moulded up better of sleeping in a tent in hyde bloody park its no good asking for your money back as there is a sign saying no refunds under no circumstances if i could of got of refund i would of gone someone else straight away for what we paid we could of got a lovely hotel in the ramada down the road complete rip off for a hole dont book here whats so ever its the living hell

Room Tip: none of the rooms are any good run down
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ridetheroad

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights with my 8 year old son.
I found the hotel fine though was worried about the reviews which I only saw after booking!
We had a room looking out on the street and although basic was fine for us.
My son had frequent trips downstairs to ask the man at the desk to change his batteries on toys he had bought that needed a screwdriver and he was happy to do this! I also asked for a hairdrier and was given a very good one to use.
The breakfast was fine but no sausages on second day...but had our orange refilled at no extra charge.
It was really great for the tube stations and had a 24 hour shop on the way back that we got drinks for the night from.
I,m used to staying in very upmarket places but this was fine for a cheap trip and I would book again.
If people want luxury they should pay the price for it, not sure what people expect for London. We got the room very cheap online...basically half price and would not want to pay more than that.
Incidently there are no fleas in the room...it would be closed down if that was the case. And there IS hot water though sometimes you had to let in run for a little while.
I am rating this as very good for the class and price of the hotel.
It is not claiming to be a 5 star luxury place after all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie W
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Me and my Boyfriend stayed here for a 2 day trip in Oct 2011. Good Location, walking distance from Paddington station (just down 1 long road) also extremely close to Edgware Underground, which was good for us as we were exploring loads so used underground everyday. Hotel is average, hotel room was clean and tidy but shower did not have a head on, which after we complained about did not get fixed. but as a base, if you are not wanting to spend alot of time on your hotel room that it is fine. Breakfast was amusing, you dont get an allocated table you just go down and sit if space available. However we did not know the rules of the dinning room and got told off by the (i think polish) waitress, she did aplogise after so it was fine. Basically if there is a space then sit, you may have to share your table with other guests too. Breakfast was average, nothing to complain about food wise. We only paid £70 pppn which we were happy with considering it is London. So if you dont want luxury then it is perfect!!

Room Tip: Basic and Cheap
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2011

If you enjoy ominous stains on your bedding, the smell of wet dog in your room and a shower that you cannot raise and only dispenses cold water then this is the hotel for you! Oh I nearly forgot, the corner of the floor was propped up on a ladder- that's right folks the floor was partially loaded through a step ladder!

The breakfast was another masterpiece. Served by someone who's grasp of English was "English Breakfast", and nothing more. I was delighted to find dried on cornflakes all over my coffee cup. Not feeling privileged enough to drink from such cutlery I decided to change for another cup. This one had a dust layer and what ever else about 5 mm thick in the bottom.

My bed felt as if a rugby match had been played on it- it resembled sleeping on a 200 year old trampoline.

In short, I would have preferred to have slept in a cattle pen in Kabul than where I did.

Room Tip: Avoid like the 7 plagues of ancient Egypt!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gavin H
durham
Reviewed October 31, 2011

arrived to be told the room was not ready and to come back after 2 hours ,returned but still not ready.well i think we should have used this time to rebook anywhere else,
i know it was budget and you get what you pay for but not in this hotel,they should be paying you to stop.
where do i start,
1) bed broken
2) no hot water in the sink
3) mould in the kettle
4) a television with a remote that wouldn't work and the tv with out an ariel (very good if maybe an alien to watch fuzzy pictures
5) stopped 29/10 no heating in the room and a very thin quilt and sheet
a very rude man on reception that would rather speak with his friends than deal with people waiting
overall terrible,when asked to be put in another room he said there were no others,he refused to do anthing and said he would get the handy man to come and have a look but where could he get a new bed late on a saturday afternoon.
But when we were going out he rented a room to a couple that walked in from the street asking for a room but he charged them double what we had paid.
i was going to say something but didnt want to return later that evening to find my things gone or out on the street.

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Room Tip: Book another hotel that is the best advice.
Lincoln
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We got a good deal and paid £50 for a double room. I didn't expect much for this price and I was right. The room was very basic in need of decorating but it was very clean. The bed wasn't comfortable and only had a thin cover on it which wasn't warm enough for an October night - there were no blankets available in the room. The bathroom was acceptable, however there was no plug in the sink. The breakfast which was included in this price was good. The location was excellent.

On arrival (which was late and we were very tired) we were told the card machine was not working and we would have to pay cash. We were then directed to the nearest cash machine!! We could have done without this hassle. So anyone choosing to stay here should be mindful of this!

Room Tip: I'm unsure if there is such a thing as a 'good room' but if you are staying in winter, a...
1 Thank CurlyLincoln