TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,709 results
All reviews old vic london eye great location south bank city view complimentary breakfast minute walk walking distance excellent hotel good size free wifi train station would stay here again big ben sofa bed buffet style modern hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a room for 3 people and it was WAY TOO SMALL!!! I simply don't understand how they feel fitting three people in such a small room is okay. We had a queen size bed and a sofa pull out bed and after that there was no room for anything else. We had to get creative on making room for luggage (and we travel light). After a long day of touring the area we ended crammed into a little room and feeling like we were just on top of each other. Thankfully we didn't spend too much time there. The breakfast was okay. There were the same choices everyday, no changing anything up. The people at the front desk were hit or miss. Some were more than happy to help while others really didn't want to be bothered.

Date of stay: September 2019
EmilyHilton, On behalf of the staff at Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 28jcris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We are sorry to learn that we were not able to provide a more positive overall guest experience on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment with the guest room, breakfast and level of service received. This is certainly not the lasting impression we wish to leave with our valued guests and we regret the inconvenience caused.

The feedback of our guests is very important to us as it allows us to make improvements where needed. Please be assured that all your comments will be taken on board. We hope we may welcome you back to one of our properties in the future so we may provide the quality of services you deserve and restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is very close to Waterloo Station. Accessible for traveling around London, meeting friends, or staying overnight before going off to work the next day as I did today.

The hotel is very quiet and the breakfast area is well equipped and the food is tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I stayed on top floor - near the lift but it was very quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed hear a few years ago I was pretty sure I knew what to expect, on the whole It is pretty much what you get at any Hampton. However there were a few small niggles this time, Our room was clean but things like bulbs out in Bathroom, shower fittings broken and the sealing's paint work being damaged did take the shine off things a bit. The worst thing for me was however the Bar, I stood for 15mins waiting to be served with no staff behind the bar the reception staff saw me standing there but didn't acknowledge me or make eye contact, in the end we gave up and went to give our money to another bar.
Would I stay again..Maybe, but not as a first choice

1  Thank kev1983
EmilyHilton, On behalf of the staff at Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear kev1983,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We regret to learn that we could not provide you with a more positive guest experience on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for the maintenance and service issues encountered. This is certainly not the lasting impression we wish to leave with our valued guests and we will ensure that your comments are shared with the relevant teams for their review and consideration.

We hope to be able to provide you with a more positive overall experience and restore your faith in our brand should you choose Hilton in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off if we are ever in London we will stay here again. We had a room on the 6th floor overlooking Waterloo street (not a "view" room). The room was very quiet, very clean, bed was comfy. Loved that it had air conditioning, when we were there in August and it was high 80s with humidity. The staff were nice, I wouldn't say anything special but accommodating.

The breakfast we loved, totally our style. The espresso machine produced good espresso. They had a juice machine and pitchers of juice. A large assortment of teas. (I think some different milks but honestly did not look).They had 3 waffle machines, Multiple cereals, assortment of fruits, pastries, some cheese, meats and veggies for cold/room temp. For hot foods outside of the waffle machines, they had scrambled eggs, potatoes, meats and beans. I think some oatmeal.

Great walking distance to the central part of the city. Nice and close to waterloo station. We walked everywhere being soo central. I can't highly recommend enough.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great place for a coffee or business lunch (provided they've finished the breakfast service). But the furniture is getting VERY ropey and certainly not Hilton/Hampton standards. I also noticed that service was VERY slow and at no time was I offered coffee, I had to go and request it. Not that hot on maximising revenue per guest!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Wellpastit
AlexJ3861, on behalf of the staff at Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Wellpastit,

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with our furniture and the slow service. Our guest reviews give us valuable information to deliver the best dining experience possible. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.