“Great new addition to the O2 Centre and worth a visit!”
Review of Falafel City - CLOSED

Falafel City
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Description: So how does a man go from a promising career with PricewaterhouseCoopers to setting up shop with a falafel revolution? With a lot of help from his wife. When our founder first tried his wife's falafel he knew he couldn't keep it to himself. And, as the debate over the origins of falafel is still raging, he thought it was only fair to let everyone decide for themselves - by trying it with sauces from around the world. So he got together a team of good people to help him start Falafel City - a restaurant with a big heart and even bigger flavours. Over the last two years, the team have built upon that vision, creating a business that gives back to the world while giving the world to its customers. Now, with our flagship store open, we're embarking on a brand new chapter of our story. "For us, Falafel City is a symbol of what is possible if you strive to achieve your dream and make it a reality." - Kajal and Mitan Sachdev, Founders
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As a local of the Hampstead neighbourhood for the last 8 years, it's always interesting to see the new restaurants pop up along Finchley Rd. My fiance and I have been here twice now and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The falafels are great, crispy and flavoursome and the option to have it without the wrap is a good healthy alternative (although we had it with the pita chips so that kind of defeated the purpose but they were yummy!). The accompanying salad is fresh and the choice of sauces are great. I hope this establishment stays as its a great diverse option for those who frequent the O2 centre. This make a perfect quick but tasty pre-movie meal.

1  Thank ElleElle8
Falafel_City, Owner at Falafel City, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Hello Elle,
we really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review, it really means a lot to us. Hope you enjoyed your movie and looking forward to seeing you again. Hope you have our loyalty card:)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Feel I can now call myself a regular at Falafel City and here's why. Their wraps with seasonal flavoured falafels are excellent. Wack in a bit of Chilli Sauce with one of their speciality sauces and you'll be well looked after. If you fancy something that is a little less bread heavy, but just as tasty the salad bowl base takes care of things. It goes really well with their Dutch Waffle Fries... boom!

Also little tip... check out some of the nice touches of the place... a percentage of the water they sell goes to charity, and table tops are made out of recycled glass. Small touches make it worth a visit.

Falafel_City, Owner at Falafel City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hi FlyOneohone,

Thanks you for your review and taking the time to write about the food and the what we stand for, it really means a lot to us.

See you soon, we hope.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I don't write reviews about places generally but after being to Falafel City on a recommendation I had to write something!

I'm a vegetarian and often the falafel sandwiches you get in corporate events, Pret and other places is always a bit cold, a bit dense and lacking in any substantial flavour (or being drowned in sweet sauces! ugh!)

I went to the restaurant and the friendly staff let me try the different sauces which was nice. The salad was really crunchy and fresh and the falafels...OH MY GOD...The FALAFELS!! Super crispy on the outside, lovely gooey yumminess in the inside with a punch of flavour. And the sauce just worked so well with it all! I've been back a few times now and I can't get enough especially as it's a great thing to grab after a gym session and I can't be bothered to cook something and want to stay away from ready meals.

Thank you Falafel city! :)

Hi Nujjie,

we thank you for taking the time in writing a review.

See you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Falafel city is one of the freshest, tastiest, healthiest falafel meals i've tried. The mouth watering salad bowls are really vibrant, healthy and filling. Now as wells the pitta falafels (which are really lion-sized) they have just brought out a falafel wrap! Great food, great choice, great value, great people...i look forward to more branches opening around the city and abroad!

Hello Natasha003,

wow thank you for your comments. We will keep trying our best and leave the rest,

Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Grabbed lunch here today when I heard it was half price. Although I feel a little conned that my meal still came to £3.50 whilst the menu states £4.95 for a wrap and £5.50 for a pitta so not quite sure how they worked out the math on that but thats the only very minor negative I have.

Apart from that I have been a regular weekly customer of Maoz in London so know good falafel and nothing has come close to matching the falafels. I find Justfalafel mediocre compared to them. But WOW when I had falafel city it was amazing, and definetily makes me reconsider if Maoz is my favourite Falafel. To the owner you are onto a winner here and could see this having multiple branches across the UK.

In terms of any suggestions, maybe as one of the other posters mentioned find a way to warm the pitta(obv without a VAT charge), and most simply of all put in a meal deal so the customer can get the pitta, side and drink at a discount. But keep up the great work and I will deffo be back again soon.

Falafel_City, Owner at Falafel City, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hello Db2k,

let me first thank you for your time in placing a review. Your comments are very much welcomed. We are always trying to improve and glad our guests are enjoying our food.

I would like to apologies for the mis communication re the half price offer. I have double checked all publication and cant see where we have mentioned half price. We had a one off £3.50 offer to celebrate our new menu and branding. If you can kindly email hungry@Falafelcity.co.uk about the half price so I can look in to this.

Once again thank you for your time and looking forward to serving you again.
All the best