“Pretty Damned Fine Place”
Review of Falafel City - CLOSED

Falafel City
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Description: So how does a man go from a promising career with PricewaterhouseCoopers to setting up shop with a falafel revolution? With a lot of help from his wife. When our founder first tried his wife's falafel he knew he couldn't keep it to himself. And, as the debate over the origins of falafel is still raging, he thought it was only fair to let everyone decide for themselves - by trying it with sauces from around the world. So he got together a team of good people to help him start Falafel City - a restaurant with a big heart and even bigger flavours. Over the last two years, the team have built upon that vision, creating a business that gives back to the world while giving the world to its customers. Now, with our flagship store open, we're embarking on a brand new chapter of our story. "For us, Falafel City is a symbol of what is possible if you strive to achieve your dream and make it a reality." - Kajal and Mitan Sachdev, Founders
London
“Pretty Damned Fine Place”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Feel I can now call myself a regular at Falafel City and here's why. Their wraps with seasonal flavoured falafels are excellent. Wack in a bit of Chilli Sauce with one of their speciality sauces and you'll be well looked after. If you fancy something that is a little less bread heavy, but just as tasty the salad bowl base takes care of things. It goes really well with their Dutch Waffle Fries... boom!

Also little tip... check out some of the nice touches of the place... a percentage of the water they sell goes to charity, and table tops are made out of recycled glass. Small touches make it worth a visit.

Hi FlyOneohone,

Thanks you for your review and taking the time to write about the food and the what we stand for, it really means a lot to us.

See you soon, we hope.

“BEST FALAFEL EVER!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I don't write reviews about places generally but after being to Falafel City on a recommendation I had to write something!

I'm a vegetarian and often the falafel sandwiches you get in corporate events, Pret and other places is always a bit cold, a bit dense and lacking in any substantial flavour (or being drowned in sweet sauces! ugh!)

I went to the restaurant and the friendly staff let me try the different sauces which was nice. The salad was really crunchy and fresh and the falafels...OH MY GOD...The FALAFELS!! Super crispy on the outside, lovely gooey yumminess in the inside with a punch of flavour. And the sauce just worked so well with it all! I've been back a few times now and I can't get enough especially as it's a great thing to grab after a gym session and I can't be bothered to cook something and want to stay away from ready meals.

Thank you Falafel city! :)

Hi Nujjie,

we thank you for taking the time in writing a review.

See you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Freshest falafel in the city”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Falafel city is one of the freshest, tastiest, healthiest falafel meals i've tried. The mouth watering salad bowls are really vibrant, healthy and filling. Now as wells the pitta falafels (which are really lion-sized) they have just brought out a falafel wrap! Great food, great choice, great value, great people...i look forward to more branches opening around the city and abroad!

• Visited May 2014
Hello Natasha003,

wow thank you for your comments. We will keep trying our best and leave the rest,

Looking forward to serving you again.
“Amazing Potential”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Grabbed lunch here today when I heard it was half price. Although I feel a little conned that my meal still came to £3.50 whilst the menu states £4.95 for a wrap and £5.50 for a pitta so not quite sure how they worked out the math on that but thats the only very minor negative I have.

Apart from that I have been a regular weekly customer of Maoz in London so know good falafel and nothing has come close to matching the falafels. I find Justfalafel mediocre compared to them. But WOW when I had falafel city it was amazing, and definetily makes me reconsider if Maoz is my favourite Falafel. To the owner you are onto a winner here and could see this having multiple branches across the UK.

In terms of any suggestions, maybe as one of the other posters mentioned find a way to warm the pitta(obv without a VAT charge), and most simply of all put in a meal deal so the customer can get the pitta, side and drink at a discount. But keep up the great work and I will deffo be back again soon.

Falafel_City, Owner at Falafel City, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello Db2k,

let me first thank you for your time in placing a review. Your comments are very much welcomed. We are always trying to improve and glad our guests are enjoying our food.

I would like to apologies for the mis communication re the half price offer. I have double checked all publication and cant see where we have mentioned half price. We had a one off £3.50 offer to celebrate our new menu and branding. If you can kindly email hungry@Falafelcity.co.uk about the half price so I can look in to this.

Once again thank you for your time and looking forward to serving you again.
All the best
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Delicious and healthy!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After hearing about how amazing this restaurant is, I thought I'd give it a try. I was so impressed by the whole experience from the friendly service to the mouthwatering falafels!!
When I arrived I was greeted by the lovely staff who explained the menu to me. I picked the salad bowl which consisted of fresh salad and falafels. However, I could not decide on which sauce to have so the staff allowed me to taste all 5. I must say, all 5 were unique but delicious!! I had not tasted anything like them before. I was spoiled for choice and could not decide.. in the end I decided the Bangkok sauce. The salad tasted lovely and fresh and was very filling. Falafel city makes a great difference to the usual deli/sandwich bars out there as it has its own unique touch and the food actually tastes and smells fresh (unlike most out there) and is not overly-expensive. I also had the home-made lemonade which was also amazing.
It was definitely worth my the trip there and I would definitely be going back. 100% recommend to anyone who wants a quick, healthy, filling and wonderful tasting lunch :)

Falafel_City, Owner at Falafel City, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello DiptiB91,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope your journey from Coventry was well worth it and we look forward to welcoming you again when you are back in London.
Team Falafel City