“My wife's birthday treat !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cafe Royal

Hotel Cafe Royal
Ranked #55 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“My wife's birthday treat !”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Our one night stay was wonderful, the room and en-suite were modern and contemporary, also the spa and pool is very relaxing and something not to miss when staying. The evening meal and cocktails were fantastic as was the service to go with it, nothing was too much.
The following morning the choice of breakfasts was second to none and the quality and service was outstanding. Then the afternoon tea was of equal quality and not to be missed. Compared to our visit to the Savoy a year before this was by far superior.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent celebratory stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to read that you chose Hotel Cafe Royal to celebrate your wife's birthday and how much you both appreciated the time you spent here. I am pleased that during your stay you were able to enjoy the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre as well as cocktails in the bar and afternoon tea in the Oscar Wilde Bar. I have shared your review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Anthony Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 14, 2014

By chance, we were greeted desk by Mr. Young, the Front Office Manager, he personally guided us to the front desk where he checked us in and then proceeded to give us a wonderful personal tour and history of the hote. We were thoroughly impressed with the warm and friendly service of the staff and the quality of the hotel. Every staff member smiled, greeted us and made us fee welcome. Had we been aware of how enjoyable our stay at the Café Royal would be, we would have planned a longer stay in London. Our next European trip will definitely include a stay at this fine establishment.

Room Tip: The rooms are very hi tech, you should definitely have someone explain the ins and outs of the contr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I am delighted to read your kind review of your first stay at Hotel Cafe Royal and to hear how much the experience exceeded your expectations, especially in terms of service from Mr Young, our front office manager. I am very pleased you were able to enjoy a short historical tour of the hotel and how highly you appreciated the service from the teams elsewhere in the hotel. I have shared your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed at the Cafe Royal with an american express offer. Was given the beautifully restored Celestine suite which was simply marvellous. The suite was indeed very large and perfectly kitted out. Everyone at the hotel was gracious and welcoming, and the service cannot be faulted in any way whatsoever.

There's simply no need to go into any further details, apart from the fact that I spotted a very favourite actor of mine at the gym...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience staying at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted you enjoyed the overall experience and to hear how much you appreciated the restored decor and facilities in your Celestine Suite. I hope to see you here again in the not too distant future.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 7, 2014

everything is perfect at this hotel.specially the staff! perfect concierge.very nice thedeluxe room,(i prefer a junior suite but it was more expensive) very nice location on regent st.i make my reservation for september already.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you have already booked your next visit following your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal; it is wonderful to know how much you valued your first experience with us. I have shared your kind comments with concierge and the rest of the team here and I look forward to welcoming you in September.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in a few 5 star hotels.

Firstly, service was exceptional. We were staying for my sisters Hen Do and the hotel could have been snobby with us but they weren't in any shape or form. Our wishes were at their command.

The rooms were amazing and the little details exceptional. The linen was heavenly - like sleeping on clouds. I just wish it hadn't been such an action packed weekend - I would have happily laid in bed all day.

We had breakfast in the cafe and cocktails in the bar - it was delicious. A little pricey but we knew what we had chosen.

The spa was beautiful. Modern and contemporary. I lived in London for years and wished I had know about this before.

The hotel was in the perfect location on regent street. Shopping and sight seeing at your fingertips.

It was expensive - can't deny that but that expensive bought me one of the best hotel experiences ever.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback on Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to read how much you all enjoyed the experience and I am honoured you felt it was one of your 'best hotel experiences ever'. I am very pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy many of our facilities during your visit; from breakfast in The Cafe to cocktails in the bar and that you had a chance to enjoy the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. I have shared your kind comments with the team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Cafe Royal very soon.

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on two different occasions in June 2014. I found Cafe Royal to be much better than I expected in every way. The staff is excellent (Karim at the concierge desk is most helpful). The rooms are large, well appointed, quite, and very comfortable. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is prompt.
This is a hotel not to be missed on a trip to London

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out to share your comments on your experience staying at Hotel Cafe Royal and I am delighted to read that this is now your second visit. I am very pleased to read how highly you regard the service from our team, in particular Karim, whom I have shared your review with. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed dining in our restaurants during your stay and I very much look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is all about location. Perfect shopping smack on regent street. Its smart and chic and stylish. Right where you need to be to shop and go out.. Leicester square, Oxford street etc, Covent Garden. Perfect for theatre land.
We arrived for champagne afternoon tea which was cute and quaint and in a 1920's style tea room. Its modern and trendy.
We stayed in a small suite - personally I think the room decor has a "prison" theme - they have these black slate brick walls and it feels quite sparse, prison like. But smart. But if you like minimal then this is for you.
Its an adult hotel - it looks cool and is cool. You feel special and glamorous.

Room Tip: All about location - perfect for theatre, shoppers and nightlife.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am pleased to read that during your trip you were able to enjoy some of London's best attractions that we are lucky to have in close proximity to the hotel and I am delighted that you also enjoyed your champagne afternoon tea in the Oscar Wilde Bar during your visit. Thank you for your comments regarding the guest room you stayed in; we have a couple of styles of guest rooms and suites available and would be happy to recommend one to your liking on your next visit.

With warmest wishes,