“My new favorite hotel in London.”
Review of Hotel Cafe Royal

Hotel Cafe Royal
Ranked #46 of 1,067 Hotels in London
moscow
“My new favorite hotel in London.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

It was The Halkin first. But I wanted to stay in some other place and Cafe Royal impressed me. It's new, it's just in the centre, it has beautiful marble bathrooms and the whole design just as I like! Champagne hall is must see! Cafe- must visit! Stuff is friendly and seems to like the hotel and it's history! Recommend 100%!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing such positive feedback and taking the time to pen your review of Café Royal hotel. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay so much and that our white Carrara marble bathrooms were so well received. I am delighted you enjoyed the iconic Grill Room and the delights of our Café. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel soon.

Anthony Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family from the 4th January-6th and stayed in rooms 201&202 which were absolutely beautiful. The rooms are stylish, spacious and designed with the customer in mind. The beds were comfortable, the bath huge and we especially enjoyed the television in the bathroom mirror!
The hotel is in a perfect location and even though it's literally on the street we could not hear any traffic or noise from the public, which was amazing!
What makes this hotel though is the incredible staff who literally go out of their way to make you feel at home, we literally felt as though nothing was too hard.
Thank you so much cafe royal for an incredible stay and we will definitely be returning. I would advise anyone to stay here... You won't be disappointed!

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Café Royal hotel and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both the hotel and our central London location. Thank you for your comments regarding the service during your stay and I will pass these on to members of the team. I am very happy to learn of your appreciation for the design of the hotel and the comforts that the guestrooms have to offer. I look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel.

essex
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is just amazing! I have stayed in various top hotels which have also been excellent, but the difference here is the unbelievable service from the staff and i mean absolutely brilliant!!

From the moment we arrived we treated with absolute care and attention, the concierge Ziga was the perfect host, we arrived on new years eve so they were very busy anyway, but Ziga still found the time to show us to our room personally and show us around (nice touch)

The actual hotel is just stunning, beautiful arcitecture mixed with modern design, the grill room is just something else, with its origins set over 150 years ago, it was the preferred choice of the likes of Noel Coward, the Beatles and Bowie, it was the perfect place to enjoy a flute of champagne and listen to an excellent pianist and jazz singer.

Then there is the new spa which is the cleanest and smartest i have been to, the staff here were also amazing especially the masseuse.

We had a set menu in the Ten room restuarant which i was dubious about as they are normally mediocre, this was not the case. Every dish was carefully prepared and interlaced with taster dishes, a large wine selection and complimentry champagne ensured the meal was a success.

So if you are looking for an amazing hotel in an amazing location, with unbelievably attentive service from the nicest staff you will ever meet (and you like nice food) then this is the place for you

as you can probably tell i will be reccomending this hotel to all my friends and will be going back very soon.

Congratulations to the management as you have achived an excellent result in producing the best hotel i have ever been to !!

Mr + Mrs Lewis-Coombs

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coombsyEssex
Thank you for sharing such a positive review on Café Royal hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate the new year. I am pleased to hear your appreciation of the renovation of the hotel, designed for the 21st century traveller. David Chipperfield Architects was the lead architect in the hotel restoration, where modern elegance has been carefully paired with historical style and glamour. I am very happy to read your enjoyment of the cuisine in the Ten Room and that you found the Grill Room so much to your liking.

I will pass on your kind words to Ziga and the rest of the team and I hope to welcome you back to Café Royal hotel in the very near future.

highland park il
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay. Very nice hotel and recommend it. Rooms and location great for New Years holiday (in the middle of the action). Like being near the tube. Very nice and accommodating registration desk. Very new, very zen. Rooms are not carpeted, but wood floors and simple design which we like. Rooms were quiet, very comfortable, and excellent desks and bathrooms (great towels, bedding, and floris bath products) Love the coffee machine in the room too. Only thing missing is a larger lobby. If u have to wait for room, there are not a lot of places to hang out. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Café Royal hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your five day stay with us and to read how enthused you were over the hotel and the special extra touches we include in our guestrooms; I hope this added to the comfort of your stay Thank you again for choosing Café Royal as your home away from home.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel was recently renovated, best condition, feels very new. The design is subject to individual taste (in my case, I love it), it gives you a feeling of free space. If you like minimalistic you will enjoy the room.

The hotel is centrally located, I was afraid since the hotel is located near a very busy street, it would be noisy. I am glad i was very wrong, it was very quite.

When I stay in hotels, I have this habit of checking small "things" for example, I really like that laundry bag is made of cotton and not plastic bag. The slippers are really good quality and has hotel logo and not just your generic white slippers. The in-room coffee cups are made for the hotel and not just bought in general and with proper coffee machine. Great mini bar presentation. Umbrellas that are readily available (believe me, I stayed in a five star hotel where they ask you for deposit). These small things when add up, delivers a feeling of luxury.

The Staff are generally friendly, but lack genuine feeling of hospitality.

As I mentioned before, the hotel was renovated, there are some areas where they need to patch things up, like the lift with a broken floor indicator, the men's changing room at the spa which has problem with drainage and in the room, toilet phone was fell off from the wall.

The spa is very nice, I love the pool heated at just perfect temp and how it is very clean. The staff are friendly and explained all the amenities.

I would definitely come back and this time will not miss breakfast (too much party the night before)

oh, and thank you for the Moleskine mini note book.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kris-Experience
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about Café Royal hotel. I am heartened by your comments regarding your appreciation of the contemporary design of the hotel. We have sensitively restored all areas of historic interest, whilst ensuring comfort for the modern traveller, including triple glazing for complete whisper quietness within the centre of London. l am particularly glad that your visit to the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre was so well received and to read how enthused you were over the amenities we include in the guestrooms. Thank you also for the constructive feedback; your comments have been duly noted and rest assured we are working to resolve any remaining imperfections. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel really blew us away. The location is unbeatable. Easily the best place to be in when in London. A minute walk from Piccadilly circus (and Tube station), Leicester Square, theaters, restaurants, the shops at Regent and Oxford. You step out of the hotel and you're right there in the middle where it all happens.
The staff just can't be better, the welcoming people at the door, the people at the desk, the concierge, the waiters, the people at the Akasha well being center, each and everyone of them go out of their way to please you and they are all just so genuinely nice, you just can't fake that. Awesome!
The rooms are the biggest I've seen, We've stayed at a Portland Deluxe room interconnecting with a Portland Junior suite (which they offered us for no extra charge due to an error in the booking). That was like having a huge apartment in the center of London. The sound system is great, the decor is amazing and it is extremely quiet!
I like technology so the separate sound system with TV in the bathroom mirror was a very nice touch.
The shower and bathtub is just huge in the junior suite, but very large in the Deluxe room as well!
The breakfast was like no other, all the ingredients are very fresh, the tea is excellent, fruit plate amazing, really, top top breakfast.
We had an afternoon tea as well, which was just perfect. very nice atmosphere, very tasty and good looking sandwiches, scones and cakes with a very good tea.
We also had Christmas dinner at the Ten room which was by far our best dinner in London (and we've been in a Michelin starred restaurant). The food was amazing, they even took requests to changes according to a special diet of one of our people and all the dishes were perfect in taste, size and looks.
The Akasha well being center is really something I didn't expect in the heart of London. It's very big and spacious, again, every little detail is thought of and perfect.
The hotel is extremely clean, you get your room done more than once or twice a day. We lost count, basically every time we got back to the room it was clean and tidy.
I can go on and on and on, there was not one fault I could find with the hotel (and we could be quite picky). Well I can find one thing, but it was basically insignificant, the key to one of the rooms stopped working and had to be exchanged for a new one almost every day, which was done very quickly and nicely each time.
If you didn't understand it from my review yet, the hotel is perfect in every possible way. I Highly recommend it for families and couples as well. For couples, I'd go for the rooms facing Regent street as the interconnecting rooms are not needed.
I'd definitely choose it again.

Room Tip: For families, ask for interconnecting rooms, the come with a little lobby between the rooms and it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSchoeffer, Director of Operations at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing such a positive review on Café Royal hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guestrooms are indeed some of the largest in London and we take pride that each feels almost like a suite or private apartment. David Chipperfield Architects was the lead architect in the hotel restoration, where modern elegance has been carefully paired with historical style and glamour. Our chefs, under the direction of Executive Chef Andrew Turner, prepared a very special festive offer and I am very happy to read your enjoyment of the cuisine.

I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and I hope to welcome you back to Café Royal hotel in the very near future.

Warmest regards and all the best for 2014

Francois-Xavier Schoeffer
Director of Operations
kent UK
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have just spent 3 nights at the cafe royal in london and it seriously is the best hotel in London. I spend at least 2 months in London hotels and have a lot to compare against and this hotel is by far the best..The staff are amazingly friendly , the service impeccable , the rooms light and airy and the location the very best!!!!

Thank you to you all for a fab stay..i shall be seeing you again very soon!!

Happy new year!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Café Royal hotel. I was so pleased to read your appreciation of the hotel, from the staff, service and the guestrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kindest regards and best wishes for 2014