1,640 results
All reviewsregent streetoscar wildeafternoon teapiccadilly circusakasha spagrill roombang olufsenbathroom mirrorjunior suitehigh techin room diningluxury hotelbeautiful hotelbottle of champagnewest endthe ritzleicester square
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We left a concert at Earls Court and were staying in Soho so went and had a drink the bar on the way home. When the bar closed we were then taken to the amazing Grill Room. The service was great and the drinks delicious. I would love to stay at this hotel and would definitely go to the Grill Room again, absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank juliatki
FrancoisSchoeffer, Director of Operations at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience in the Grill Room and The Bar at Café Royal hotel, I am heartened to read your kind words and will pass these on to members of the team. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience a stay at the hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It has taken the Cafe Royal four years of renovation to open its door to the public or should I say the esteemed few. From the moment your taxi arrives at the entrance, you can let go of your bags, Thank God, and indulge in the luxury.

The lobby has been kept unintentionally unobtrusive except for a large bloom of flowers that welcomes you. The lifts which are highlights of the hotel - have been renovated - are actually old lifts with double doors. The key features have still been maintained.

The bar is bedecked with antique chandeliers and ornate red and gold furniture. There is a simpler cafe for all those who would prefer a simple cup of coffee and a muffin. Their confectionery is very well priced and is visited by locals from all over London.

Once in the residential quarters, you encounter the modern decor. Minimalistic and simple, the bedrooms open with the touch of your key card. The amenities alcove house a state of the art Nespresso machine.

The whole room is automated on your remote. We were rather enamored with the Banf & Olofsen large television in our room and the in mirror TV in the bathrooms. The beds are large king - not the usual 6 feet but yes 7 feet wide. This is the feature of the standard rooms too.

The breakfast is sit down - no buffet. You can order worth a luxurious GBP 32 per person. One cannot eat that much worth however hungry you maybe.

The light shaft that flows from the top of the building to the first level is a great Green Policy as it in filters natural light into the hallways. The ingenuous architect had to combine 3 buildings to design the hotel from a Bank and 2 office buildings. So the hotel is actually A shaped and I been very impressed with his design.

The Suite Balcony doors have triple glazing so that while you see the hustle bustle of Regent Street, you cannot hear the noise outside. The Carrera marble mines had been commissioned to supply marble only the Cafe Royal for 3 months. No delivery elsewhere. Each bathtub, each washbasin counter is hand carved from a single block of marble. Can you imagine that?

I was lucky to view their Dome Suite - some pictures of the views from the suite are attached. Even if you are a Londoner or just visiting London and need to entertain, this is the place that you would like to hire. You will clinch that million dollar deal.

The hotel is located on Piccadilly Circus tube station - adjacent to Leicester Square, Soho, on Regent Street and a 5 minute walk to Oxford Street, opposite the new Burberry store.

I would never think of staying elsewhere again. Cafe Royal is the place to be.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review about your stay at Café Royal hotel. I am very pleased to read of your appreciation for the renovation. Led my David Chipperfield Architects, Café Royal has been sensitively restored, maintaining historic detail but now combined with a modern and contemporary elegance. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the special extra touches we include in our guestrooms and I hope this added to the comfort of your stay. Thank you also for your kind comments about the restaurants and bars in the hotel, I am delighted that these were to your liking. I do hope the team and I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend break with friends. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi to the minute we left, we were just blown away by the excellent service, magnificence of the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly, inviting, and accommodating for anything you need. We upgraded to the Westminster Suite with just a small upgrade fee but it was worth every penny.Fresh milk was brought to our room on request. The suite was hugh, both bedroom and living room had nice view of regent street. The suite had 2 bathrooms with beautiful marble fittings. The suite was contemporary and high tech but this may put others off and cold feel a bit cold and lifeless if one is used to a more decadent lifestyle.
The breakfast was good,along with the service but lacked value also the ten room can be a bit dark and dismal to start ones day off. The bar staffs were excellent, we asked for a drink that was not on the menu, but it was not a problem. They happily supplied the drink.
All in all we had lovely time there and only wish we had time to try the spa and swimming pool.

Room Tip: room 429, ask for a upgrade, regent street view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
FrancoisSchoeffer, Director of Operations at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Café Royal hotel. I am very happy to read that you received excellent service and I will pass on these kind words to members of the team. Café Royal has some of the largest suites in London and I’m particularly pleased to learn of your appreciation for the special touches included in your luxurious Westminster Suite. The Ten Room is soon to be enhanced and I will ensure that your comments are addressed. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back once these changes have been made later in the year, especially as you are yet to enjoy the wonderful Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was my fourth stay at Cafe Royal since it open last year and I have to say, I have never been so impressed by the quality and the personalization of the service in a hotel than the four last night i had there. You truly feel like at home and people in every public space are efficient and incredibly kind.
Location is just incredible and you can love or not the design but it's modern, new and it has everything you will expect from a 5 stars hotel.(not the case of every 5 stars in London)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fred G
FrancoisSchoeffer, Director of Operations at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review on Café Royal hotel, I am pleased that you continue to stay with us and that you enjoyed your fourth stay. I am very happy to hear your kind words regarding the service you received and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I hope we will continue to have the pleasure of hosting you and that we can welcome you back for your fifth stay in the very near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The foyer and lifts area remains the beautiful art deco that it has always been. The problems come when you head towards your room and you switch into a Japanese/Scandinavian minimalist designed space. This consist of wood panelling on the floor, walls and ceilings with strangely lit grill style panelling making you feel like you are in some sort of prison. Then once you enter the room, you find it ressembles a coffin with wood again on the floor, ceiling and walls. There is very little other furniture only emphasising the coffin impression!

The next morning after a less than good nights sleep, my husband and I went to have a shower in the wet room to find that the water flowed out of the wet shower room. flooded the bathroom and headed quickly for the hall/bedroom - only stopped by us throwing all the towels onto teh floor to stop the water.

All in all not a good stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Faith1107

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, I’m sorry that your guestroom was not to your liking and that you experienced problems with your bathroom. The wood panelling in the Mansard Guestrooms are created from fumed English Oak and designed to create a romantic and intimate ambiance using the finest materials which give a sense of place, if you return to the hotel perhaps a Portland Guestroom would be more to your liking. I was disappointed to learn of the faults you encountered with the bathroom, I assure you this has already been looked into and resolved. We appreciate all feedback and with your comments in mind I would be keen to talk to you personally. I have sent you my contact details, please do get in touch.

Yours Sincerely,