1,640 results
All reviewsregent streetoscar wildeafternoon teapiccadilly circusakasha spagrill roombang olufsenbathroom mirrorjunior suitehigh techin room diningluxury hotelbeautiful hotelbottle of champagnewest endthe ritzleicester square
Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was my fourth stay at Cafe Royal since it open last year and I have to say, I have never been so impressed by the quality and the personalization of the service in a hotel than the four last night i had there. You truly feel like at home and people in every public space are efficient and incredibly kind.
Location is just incredible and you can love or not the design but it's modern, new and it has everything you will expect from a 5 stars hotel.(not the case of every 5 stars in London)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fred G
FrancoisSchoeffer, Director of Operations at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review on Café Royal hotel, I am pleased that you continue to stay with us and that you enjoyed your fourth stay. I am very happy to hear your kind words regarding the service you received and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I hope we will continue to have the pleasure of hosting you and that we can welcome you back for your fifth stay in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The foyer and lifts area remains the beautiful art deco that it has always been. The problems come when you head towards your room and you switch into a Japanese/Scandinavian minimalist designed space. This consist of wood panelling on the floor, walls and ceilings with strangely lit grill style panelling making you feel like you are in some sort of prison. Then once you enter the room, you find it ressembles a coffin with wood again on the floor, ceiling and walls. There is very little other furniture only emphasising the coffin impression!

The next morning after a less than good nights sleep, my husband and I went to have a shower in the wet room to find that the water flowed out of the wet shower room. flooded the bathroom and headed quickly for the hall/bedroom - only stopped by us throwing all the towels onto teh floor to stop the water.

All in all not a good stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Faith1107

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, I’m sorry that your guestroom was not to your liking and that you experienced problems with your bathroom. The wood panelling in the Mansard Guestrooms are created from fumed English Oak and designed to create a romantic and intimate ambiance using the finest materials which give a sense of place, if you return to the hotel perhaps a Portland Guestroom would be more to your liking. I was disappointed to learn of the faults you encountered with the bathroom, I assure you this has already been looked into and resolved. We appreciate all feedback and with your comments in mind I would be keen to talk to you personally. I have sent you my contact details, please do get in touch.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Cafe royal hotel combines French and English style with a renewed design inspired from Tuscany,staff service is out standing hospitality is great rooms space are good comparing to London hotels well furnished ,swimming ,spa, wonderful price bit high worth every dime definitely I recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your positive review of Café Royal hotel. I am very pleased to read your kind comments and will be sure to pass these on to the team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

When I traveled to London for a week with my adult daughter, it would be a trip for which I was "pulling out all the stops" and so I booked this four or five star hotel which is far more expensive than I where I would normally stay. I primarily chose it for location and good reviews but it was an experience that I felt I had to share. I don't know if this hotel would be categorized as a boutique hotel as I do not know how many rooms it had but the ambiance felt that way. When you walked into the lobby, always assisted in through the revolving door by a doorman - or two, you almost felt as if you were entering an elegant town house in the heart of London. No registration, concierge or other evidence that this was a hotel was in sight, only a fireplace, chairs, a very large table with a huge gorgeous floral arrangement greeted you. We were escorted around the corner to the registration desk. and then to our room.
I understand that this hotel has been in business for 100 years but it has recently been refurbished and brought into the 21'st century and not much was overlooked. The bathroom - all marble with double sinks carved out of a slab or marble, rain head showers, a TV screen embedded into the wall size mirror and private toilet enclosure. The beds were heavenly with down duvets and pillows and the linens were all Frette. The terry robes and towels were thick, thick, thick. Our room (lowest category) was not huge but adequate in size with a couple of chairs and a decent size table next to a huge Bang and Oluffson flat screen on its own stand that turned to face you when it was turned on. There were USB ports in the wall for charging electronics. The coffee area was furnished with a very efficient Kuerrig type coffee tea, and chocolate maker and the room was supplied with fresh fruit. My only (minor) complaint was lack of mirrors in the bedroom (only in the bathroom and hallway as you left the room) and I thought there could have been more lighting in the bedroom. (Women need lights and mirrors for make-up and dressing) It seemed as if the room was designed by a man for a man. The staff and service were so excellent in all ways and it was really a joy to stay there. It was handy to the tube, steps from Picadilly and theaters and restaurants but the hotel could not have been more quiet and restful. I recommend.

Room Tip: I think it would be best to be at the back of the hotel as the hotel's entrance is on Regent St. We were at the back and looked out on a pedestrian street and Whole Foods Market and it was quiet but the whole hotel seemed very well sound-insulated.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review on Café Royal hotel, I am delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and every element. Always an iconic London landmark, Café Royal has only recently been reincarnated as a hotel after a transformation under the direction of David Chipperfield Architects, with this in mind it is very pleasing to read your appreciation of the renovation; we have worked to carefully marry modern elegance and contemporary design with historical details and heritage.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the service you received during your stay, it will give me great pleasure to pass this on to all team members. I am very happy to learn that you appreciated the special amenities we provide in our guestrooms and we hope these added to the comfort of your stay. Guests are paramount to us at Café Royal hotel and we are pleased we were able to demonstrate this to you. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a great Hotel. I stayed there last April before I moved to the UK.
Now that I live in the UK I don't use hotels any longer but highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Great location by Regent Street, all new, fantastic design, staff and service.
Love it !

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Café Royal hotel and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We are very pleased to hear your appreciation of the hotel’s design and the service you received. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, if you return to London.

Warm regards