“SIMPLY FANTASTIC”
Review of Hotel Cafe Royal

Hotel Cafe Royal
Ranked #50 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are looking for a luxury hotel,with great service,food and a super quite room in the centre of London,this hotel is for you,i can't fault it,its simply wonderful,nothing is too much trouble,great room service all night with great cakes:)

Room Tip: Ive stayed twice since the renovations and i dont think you need a tip as every room is fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mark a
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Café Royal hotel with us. I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the service you received and am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. We hope to welcome you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future.

Louis Sailer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A friend booked us at 'Cafe Royal'. As unbelievable as it sounds, it is a restored hotel right at Piccadilly Circus on Regent Street.

We were there for just a night, so we were not fussy about room location. However, the rooms are spacious for any big city, the bathroom facilities extremely well laid out and spacious. We fell in love with the place. The insulation of the windows is perfect. Not a sound of the roadsie.

The only sour point of our stay was that although we got there after 4:00 pm we had to wait 45 minutes for our room to be ready.

During the wait, we treated ourselves to wonderful English afternoon tea at the Ten Room, which is the main dining room.

Room Tip: If you want to see the merry go round of Piccadilly Circus, ask for a room over looking it. Might b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mypace

Thank you very much for posting your review of Café Royal hotel. I was delighted to learn your friend booked your stay and you enjoyed it very much. As your review has highlighted, our triple-glazed whisper quiet guestrooms provide a total sanctuary from bustling Piccadilly Circus and I was delighted to read they didn't fail to impress.

I can only apologise for your initial delay upon check-in, but am glad to read you took full advantage of our wonderful afternoon tea in the Ten Room during this time. I do hope this delay hasn't deterred you from returning and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

With limited options I chose to book into this recently renovated London hotel. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I was enthralled. The service was unparalleled, the location (get to shopping streets and museums on foot and the tube in 2 minutes away for a quick trip to St Paul's Cathedral for example) ideal, the room had all the latest design and technology but was still warm and welcoming. The chic bar is a real gem and the afternoon tea was nice. If this fits your budget you will be overjoyed.

Room Tip: Just refurbished, you will enjoy any room
1  Thank ChinaJoe889

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay at Café Royal hotel, especially the service you received from my team. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that our central London location was to your liking. I am also very pleased to read your enjoyed our guestrooms and took advantage of the modern technology they offer.

Please do come and stay again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cafe Royal Hotel in London is unbeatable by its peers in terms of location,service,food quality and room comfort. The hotel is on Regent Street and only two steps from Picadilly Circus tube station. The rooms are quiet however, due to their triple glazing glass. The staff are professional and yet homey, friendly and knowledgeable. The newly renovated rooms are designed with customer comfort and pleasure in mind. We had two junior suites in two reservations and both time we couldn't have been happier with our rooms. Everything works well. We especially appreciate separate areas for shower, sinks (ours comes with two sinks) and toilets. This is a must in any good hotels when everyone needs to be ready in a short time in the morrnings.
We ate at their Cafe several times and was always pleased with both service and the food. Morning baked goods are first class as they are famous for pastry and coffee.
This is our choice hotel when we visit London fome now.

Room Tip: All rooms are big by London standard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EELSM

Thank you very much for leaving such a warm review after your recent stay at Café Royal hotel. I was so happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that our central London location and Junior Suite accommodation was so much to your liking. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed all the little touches we provide to make our guests stay just that extra bit special.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future so we can again meet your expectations or even exceed them.

My kindest regards

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here with the wife on a weekend recently during a short stopover from Paris. The location is great as it is close to Regent Street, West End, Chinatown, Oxford Street, Mayfair, Soho etc. But we were absolutely blown away by the interior and service of the hotel. From the minute we stepped into the hotel, we were warmly greeted by staff at the restaurant, concierge, front desk etc. We stayed on the 5th floor in a Mansard Deluxe Guestroom. It seems if you get the adjacent guestroom the 2 rooms can be combined together with a main door. The bathroom marble is excellent and the bathroom mirror comes with a built in TV! It's fantastic for watching TV from the elegant marble bath tub. The room and decor of wood finishing is fantastic, beds are cosy and the B&O stand tv is cool and chic. It swivels also via the remote control so you can watch it from various angles. However the in-house tv system is not fantastic and slow in changing channels, could do with a software upgrade to make it run smoother. Bedside lamps are touch activated. Complimentary Nespresso machine is provided along with complimentary GLASS bottles of water, still and sparkling. The evening service supplements this with another mini glass bottle of water. The bar is ok and the grill is greatly decorated. Food is excellent and you can hop outside to Regent street to have pastries at the hotel's cafe. Everything is elegantly and stylishly done. The staff is excellent and especially the doormen in trying to help us get a cab on such a busy area, they crossed over Regent Street to get one with full confidence and aplomb. I am definitely coming back here when the spa, pool etc is fully up and running, I just hope the prices stay the same because you really get fantastic value for this first year promotion rate! Grab it while you can, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Select rooms on higher floors, there isn't much of a view but you can open the windows can the s...
1  Thank benbecks23

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review of Café Royal hotel. I was delighted to read your first stay with us was so enjoyable and that our contemporary luxurious guestrooms were so well received. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed all the little extras we provide.

I have passed on your very kind comments to the team about the service you received. I was delighted your stay met with your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With warmest regards

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just had a four night stay in the Westminster suite. Great view, great size and extremely comfortable. We liked the decor, it gave the room an airy feel and added to the pleasure. Fantastically quiet and good blackout curtains. B&O tv didn't impress me too much, I've often thought of buying one! The Cafe Royal has saved me a lump of cash!
The housekeeping staff are excellent, often they do not get the praise they deserve as they are rarely seen but I am shouting Well Done to the girls. A clean room is more important than a perfectly poached egg!
Talking of eggs, the breakfast is as you would expect from a hotel looking to compete with London,s top hotels. It's fresh, tasty and made to order, none of the lukewarm buffet rubbish.
Breakfast staff are on the ball, polite, chatty and a great start to the day.
Location is ideal, right smack dab in the middle of the action. We never used a taxi, bus or tube in the four days. Some great pubs and restaurants within a brief walk and chemists and convenience stores all close by.
If the price remains competitive and they have vacancies this will be my first choice next time we go to London. London prices for suites are typically £800 plus per night so getting a deal or an upgrade always decides where I stay, let's hope the Cafe Royal gets my business.
A big thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind review of Café Royal hotel. We are delighted to know that you experienced one of our Westminster Suites and enjoyed the beautiful views of London and the décor. We also appreciate your recognition of our housekeeping team, which will be our pleasure to share with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future when our beautiful Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre is open.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wonderful! Wonderful! experience!
From entering this 6* experience we were swept off our feet into absolute out-of-this-world service/food/entertainment.
From the magnificent entrance to the delicious delights of the superb Ten Room http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/restaurants-and-bars/ten-room/ and cocktails in the S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G Grill Room http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/restaurants-and-bars/the-grill-room/ ....we have NEVER experienced hospitality like it . This amazing evening was completed with the beautiful dulcet voice of a beautiful amazing female vocalist and pianist...... I think her name was Charlie.. WHAT a voice !!!! WHAT an incredible experience.... and for a Wednesday ! xx THANK YOU !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Café Royal hotel. I am delighted your time with us was so enjoyable and that you especially liked the cuisine in the Ten Room and entertainment programme in The Grill Room.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

My kindest regards