“Perfection Personified”

Ranked #41 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Perfection Personified”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

With limited options I chose to book into this recently renovated London hotel. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I was enthralled. The service was unparalleled, the location (get to shopping streets and museums on foot and the tube in 2 minutes away for a quick trip to St Paul's Cathedral for example) ideal, the room had all the latest design and technology but was still warm and welcoming. The chic bar is a real gem and the afternoon tea was nice. If this fits your budget you will be overjoyed.

Room Tip: Just refurbished, you will enjoy any room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay at Café Royal hotel, especially the service you received from my team. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that our central London location was to your liking. I am also very pleased to read your enjoyed our guestrooms and took advantage of the modern technology they offer.

Please do come and stay again in the near future.

Louis Sailer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Asia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cafe Royal Hotel in London is unbeatable by its peers in terms of location,service,food quality and room comfort. The hotel is on Regent Street and only two steps from Picadilly Circus tube station. The rooms are quiet however, due to their triple glazing glass. The staff are professional and yet homey, friendly and knowledgeable. The newly renovated rooms are designed with customer comfort and pleasure in mind. We had two junior suites in two reservations and both time we couldn't have been happier with our rooms. Everything works well. We especially appreciate separate areas for shower, sinks (ours comes with two sinks) and toilets. This is a must in any good hotels when everyone needs to be ready in a short time in the morrnings.
We ate at their Cafe several times and was always pleased with both service and the food. Morning baked goods are first class as they are famous for pastry and coffee.
This is our choice hotel when we visit London fome now.

Room Tip: All rooms are big by London standard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for leaving such a warm review after your recent stay at Café Royal hotel. I was so happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that our central London location and Junior Suite accommodation was so much to your liking. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed all the little touches we provide to make our guests stay just that extra bit special.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future so we can again meet your expectations or even exceed them.

My kindest regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here with the wife on a weekend recently during a short stopover from Paris. The location is great as it is close to Regent Street, West End, Chinatown, Oxford Street, Mayfair, Soho etc. But we were absolutely blown away by the interior and service of the hotel. From the minute we stepped into the hotel, we were warmly greeted by staff at the restaurant, concierge, front desk etc. We stayed on the 5th floor in a Mansard Deluxe Guestroom. It seems if you get the adjacent guestroom the 2 rooms can be combined together with a main door. The bathroom marble is excellent and the bathroom mirror comes with a built in TV! It's fantastic for watching TV from the elegant marble bath tub. The room and decor of wood finishing is fantastic, beds are cosy and the B&O stand tv is cool and chic. It swivels also via the remote control so you can watch it from various angles. However the in-house tv system is not fantastic and slow in changing channels, could do with a software upgrade to make it run smoother. Bedside lamps are touch activated. Complimentary Nespresso machine is provided along with complimentary GLASS bottles of water, still and sparkling. The evening service supplements this with another mini glass bottle of water. The bar is ok and the grill is greatly decorated. Food is excellent and you can hop outside to Regent street to have pastries at the hotel's cafe. Everything is elegantly and stylishly done. The staff is excellent and especially the doormen in trying to help us get a cab on such a busy area, they crossed over Regent Street to get one with full confidence and aplomb. I am definitely coming back here when the spa, pool etc is fully up and running, I just hope the prices stay the same because you really get fantastic value for this first year promotion rate! Grab it while you can, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Select rooms on higher floors, there isn't much of a view but you can open the windows can the s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review of Café Royal hotel. I was delighted to read your first stay with us was so enjoyable and that our contemporary luxurious guestrooms were so well received. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed all the little extras we provide.

I have passed on your very kind comments to the team about the service you received. I was delighted your stay met with your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With warmest regards

airtrainandplane
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just had a four night stay in the Westminster suite. Great view, great size and extremely comfortable. We liked the decor, it gave the room an airy feel and added to the pleasure. Fantastically quiet and good blackout curtains. B&O tv didn't impress me too much, I've often thought of buying one! The Cafe Royal has saved me a lump of cash!
The housekeeping staff are excellent, often they do not get the praise they deserve as they are rarely seen but I am shouting Well Done to the girls. A clean room is more important than a perfectly poached egg!
Talking of eggs, the breakfast is as you would expect from a hotel looking to compete with London,s top hotels. It's fresh, tasty and made to order, none of the lukewarm buffet rubbish.
Breakfast staff are on the ball, polite, chatty and a great start to the day.
Location is ideal, right smack dab in the middle of the action. We never used a taxi, bus or tube in the four days. Some great pubs and restaurants within a brief walk and chemists and convenience stores all close by.
If the price remains competitive and they have vacancies this will be my first choice next time we go to London. London prices for suites are typically £800 plus per night so getting a deal or an upgrade always decides where I stay, let's hope the Cafe Royal gets my business.
A big thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind review of Café Royal hotel. We are delighted to know that you experienced one of our Westminster Suites and enjoyed the beautiful views of London and the décor. We also appreciate your recognition of our housekeeping team, which will be our pleasure to share with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future when our beautiful Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre is open.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wonderful! Wonderful! experience!
From entering this 6* experience we were swept off our feet into absolute out-of-this-world service/food/entertainment.
From the magnificent entrance to the delicious delights of the superb Ten Room http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/restaurants-and-bars/ten-room/ and cocktails in the S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G Grill Room http://www.hotelcaferoyal.com/restaurants-and-bars/the-grill-room/ ....we have NEVER experienced hospitality like it . This amazing evening was completed with the beautiful dulcet voice of a beautiful amazing female vocalist and pianist...... I think her name was Charlie.. WHAT a voice !!!! WHAT an incredible experience.... and for a Wednesday ! xx THANK YOU !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing review of Café Royal hotel. I am delighted your time with us was so enjoyable and that you especially liked the cuisine in the Ten Room and entertainment programme in The Grill Room.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

My kindest regards
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Book here now because as soon as that spa opens and they finish the construction, I assume the price will jump considerably. We had a Jr Suite for 5 nights...really lovely room and the bathroom was awesome. All marble, huge space with separate toilet and shower. Excellently decorated. Automatic lighting, curtains. The lighting is a little tricky and there isn't exactly enough overhead. There is a nespresso machine in the room with complimentary coffee. Yum. Mini bar, safe, plenty of closet and drawer space. Three phones, door bell, privacy setting. Cozy bed with all Frette linens, towels, bathmats. And the staff is great. They simply couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Location is great with tons to do within walking distance including shopping, hundreds of restaurants and a Whole Foods right behind the hotel so we bought a few things and put them in the mini bar. Really - this was absolutely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at...right up there with the best of the best.

1 Thank j9lulu
Thank you for very much for your detailed review of Café Royal hotel. It is a pleasure to read your first stay with us was so enjoyable and that our Junior Suites were to your liking. The Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre will open late summer and will feature a 62ft (18 m) long lap pool, a Watsu pool, public and private hammam as well as a state of the art gym offering personal trainers and aerobic classes. I am sure you will be equally delighted with our offering on your next trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With warmest regards
Edinburgh
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Where can I start? My friend and I were down from Edinburgh for the weekend and unfortunately were not staying at this hotel. We were looking for a nice wine bar and chanced upon the Cafe Royal Hotel as we walked past. The surrounding streets were very busy, and we couldn't find anywhere to just sit and relax. From the moment we were welcomed into this hotel, It was like stepping into another world where we were treated like royalty. The grill room is AMAZING, however the real highlight of this fabulous place are the staff as the customer service is exemplar. We had asked for some more nuts as we hadn't eaten dinner that evening, and the waiter said "I can do better than that" proceeding to bring us some delicious amuse bouche. After a lovely couple of hours, we decided to make our way back to our hotel in Knightsbridge and asked if they could call us a taxi - 2 ladies alone in unfamiliar London at 1am. The charming concierge asked us to wait, and off he went on his mission. He was truly upset to return without said taxi as due to a parade that day, London was hooching (Scottish phrase for extremely busy) but said he would accompany us to a nearby street where he felt we would get one. He insisted on escorting us down the road to a safe place to get a taxi. Our enchanted evening came to an abrupt end when we actually jumped onto a number 14 bus and were waved off by our knight in shining armour from the Cafe Royal. We were so fortunate to have happened upon this most amazing place, and this will definitely feature on our bucket list of places to stay in future.

Room Tip: Didn't stay so can't comment
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Café Royal hotel \with us. I am heartened by your kind comments on our staff and am pleased that we were able to demonstrate how important customer service is to us. I have passed on your feedback to the colleagues in our team, who join me in thanking you for your patronage.

We hope to welcome you back to the Grill Room, or a stay at Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future