I didn't really want to stay in a chain hotel, but some negative comments about noise etc. in reviews of independent hotels put me off. I'm a light sleeper, so it can really spoil my trip if I'm somewhere noisy. The hotel didn't disappoint in that respect; it was very quiet. However we were on the back, facing a 'courtyard'. The Docklands Light Railway runs on an elevated section in front of the hotel and could cause disturbance during the hours it's running.
The breakfast was expensive; £20 or a bit less at the weekend. So we went for a wander and found a nice Italian cafe on Pepper Street (ten minute walk away) and had a good full English with tea and toast for a fiver. It's not open at the weekend though.
DLR and Canary Wharf underground station are both close, so getting into central London is relatively easy. You generally need at least one change to get to most places though. The underground station was rammed (barriers temporarily locked) at five o clock on the Friday, but a five minute walk to the DLR station found a nearly empty platform.
I would recommend taking a walk through the Isle of Dogs to the museums in Greenwich via the pedestrian tunnel under the Thames. You can get the DLR back to save your feet!
There was no free wifi in the rooms, which seems a bit tight for a brand like Hilton (especially when I got it free at a Travel Inn Express later that month). We paid £90 per night for 2 people, room only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently in the heart of London’s business district, Hilton London Canary Wharf is an obvious and popular choice for business visitors. As one of our guests you will have access to a high-speed internet connection, spacious desks to work from, a 24-hour business center and many other comforts. Rooms are fitted with a widescreen TV and an alarm clock that lets you plug in your MP3 player, meaning you can wake up to your favourite music.When you’re not busy working, make the most of the sauna, steam room or work out in the well-equipped fitness center. Or sip on a well-earned cocktail in the very popular Canary Wharf restaurant, Cinnamon. Hilton London Canary Wharf is very close to the O2 Arena and Westfield shopping complex in Stratford. This hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting to be close to where business happens but not too far from all the tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton London Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Canary Wharf
- Canary Hilton Wharf
- Hilton London Canary Wharf England