“AGAIN AND AGAIN”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #70 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was over in London for a weekend and decided to stay in this hotel as a result of a previous experience. Firstly hats off to the staff. As a H Gold member i was up graded to an executive room with access to the lounge. I see now why the bar closes at 21.00 it is a very different type of customer as the girls in the lounge had to put with dogs abuse on two of the nights that I was there. For some of the staff English was their 2nd language yet they must have known that they were been slagged off. yet they were very professional. I can't recommend this hotel strongly enough, very close to city airport yet only 25 mins to westminter station

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mr_S_P_Sinclair, Assistant Front of House Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. It was our pleasure to host you for your recent trip to London. Please be assured that we have passed your kind comments onto our team and recognized the team members individually for their hard work. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Canary Wharf

Reviewed February 22, 2014

my third stay at this hotel and as others have commented, while lovely, standards are not what they were Treated ourselves to an exec room as it was valentines weekend and opted for upgrade to suite on arrival Room was lovely and large with sofa area, huge windows and bed but bathroom was no more luxurious than you get in standard rooms. Room servicing was not great - we had to ask for the included bathrobes to be brought to the room after we had arrived, provision and replenishment of toiletries was haphazard, and when on sat eve we asked if cleaner could come back in half an hour she kindly went away - but never came back! For a hotel of this standard and price the wifi service is poor - only freely available in reception and exec lounge so not great if you are a business traveller The in room heating system is also not great - room cooled quickly overnight and only way to heat it up was to put on noisy fan based hot air system - not great when you are trying to sleep Exec lounge is lovely with amazing view and good provision

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZanyB
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Many thanks for leaving your review which helps us to monitor and improve our services. I was sorry to read that you did not find the service did not meet your expectations. Rest assured I have spoken with the Head Housekeeper with regards to the servicing of your room and she joins me in apologising for the shortfall that you received. In relation to the room heating, it would also be great if you could email holly.tofield@hilton.com and advise us of the room number that you stayed in order for our engineering department to take a look at the fan to see if it needs replacing.

With regards to your comment on the Wi-Fi, I have had a look at this and on this particular weekend; BT our provider were having connectivity issues which affected the hotel which unfortunately we had no control over (similar to when your home network provider connectivity is down or having issues). However I can appreciate how frustrating this is and would to like to confirm that service is back to normal.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again, in order for us show you are true standards of service that you are accustomed to.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

As the title will make clear I cant understand why this hotel has such great reviews.
I was at the Hilton CW on a business trip so the sterile environment didnt bother me and I already knew that HIltons make you pay for everyone (Wifi... the bottle of water beside the TV) so I wasnt overly bothered by this either.
What I failed to understand was how unpleasant staff were. You come through the doors, you smile at the staff at reception and expect a hello, nothing.
I'd come back to my room to change around 1pm everyday, room was not cleaned but lucky me, for the half an hour I was in there I had at least 2 to 3 visits. Cleaning, curtain checking... person who checks up on the cleaning.
And on the last night, I woke up at 2am hearing a shuffling noise at the door. I thought someone was coming into the room, I bounced out of bed, hit the lights.... it was someone forcing the speedy checkout envelope under the door. really?! 2am!
Anyway, nowhere is perfect, and I am generally pretty easy going about these things.
But this is clearly set up to be a business hotel and given the way I felt and the state of rage the lady next to me was in as I was checking out I would have expected there to be more unhappy travelers.

On a slightly more positive note, the rooms were, as you would expect for a Hiton hotel, clean and of good size with decent bathrooms. And on my last day there, the breakfast staff were very friendly and agreable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Aziza1982

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the Hilton London Canary Wharf hotel. It was disappointing to read about the service you received from the team at reception on check-in, especially as this was your first visit to the hotel. This certainly does not reflect on the usual comments that we receive on the team.
I am sorry you were disturbed from both the housekeeping and reception night team. I have today spoken with both the Front of House Manager and Head Housekeeper who join me in apologising for the shortfall in standards you received and have taken the necessary action to prevent this from happening again.
I am glad you enjoyed your room and found the breakfast team very friendly.
I do hope you will stay at the hotel again and give us another opportunity to show our true standards of service.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. Lovely room, friendly staff and great food. Room very large and comfortable with everything you need. Not to crowded while we were there and will defiantly stay there again. Handy for central London via the Docklands Railway. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Norman S
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We really appreciated your positive comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Supurb efficient staff make the whole stay very enjoyable, every member of staff we encountered during our weekend stay where all pleasent helpful and smiling.
We stayed in a junior suite and although having requested a "City View" numerous times during the booking we got the "building site view" dissapointed but everything else was so good I am prepared to forget I asked !.
The Executive Lounge on the 14th floor has a spectacular view of the city, the afternoon snacks and tea/coffee excellent, evening canapes and drinks very well recieved and worth the extra.
Lovely room well equiped and we where give a couple of little extras which made the weekend even more special.
Good breakfast with just about everything you could require available, the Hotel is in a good position for tubes/DLR into London or out to the Olympic Park will definatly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YarcoNorfolk
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We really appreciate your positive comments and I am glad you liked the Executive lounge and the views of the city, the room lovely and breakfast good with plenty of choice. I am sorry that we were unable to allocate you a room with a view; it is subject to availability especially if the rooms are occupied from the previous night. On your next visit please request a room with view again and we will do our best to accommodate.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

A beautiful hotel in a perfect location.

Attention to detail in the rooms made it a cut above the rest, such as speakers in the bathroom. The view of London was gorgeous.

Breakfast was generous and exquisite.

A lovely weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to know that you found the hotel to be a perfect location for you; the room had a lot of attention to detail and breakfast exquisite. I am pleased you had a lovely weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I came with my partner In the deluxe room. The room view was a bit rubbish of buildings and the bed was very small. The robes were Stained with what I do not wish to know! However the bathroom and room itself had great facilities and was a good location for a trip if you wanted to shop

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your last stay, in general I am pleased that you found the room facilities and location were good. With regards to your comment on the view, I recommend you request a room with a view on your next visit and we will do our best to accommodate, availability permitting. I have shared your feedback on the bathrobe with the Head Housekeeper who joins me in apologising for the shortfall of service you received.