“Canary Wharf Hotel London”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #73 of 1,063 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“Canary Wharf Hotel London”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Went to a concert at the O2 and stayed at this hotel. It was a good location, only 1 stop from the O2. The hotel room was really nice. Very clean and modern hotel with nice friendly staff. We thought it was an excellent hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at the hotel. It was good to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and modern with a friendly team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hard to believe that a hotel charging this much money could come short in so many ways. Why is it that the more expensive the hotel, the less likely that free WiFi is included? Not only that, it's about $25CDN per DAY! And it doesn't work! And when I phone to get it corrected, I'm told it's not their problem, I should call the network provider! And the sink drain is plugged. And I keep having people knocking on my door at 7 am for no reason. And someone set the alarm for early in the morning, waking me up. And a spurious fire alarm waking me up from a sound sleep. And for this money, could there be a robe? But all these are minor annoyances if not for the more than $500 CDN per night. (This was booking was made by the business I was there for - I would never have booked at this rate).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback which allows us to monitor and continually improve the service we provide.

Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us and rest assured it is not indicative of the usual standards of service we endeavour to deliver.
Wi-Fi is complimentary in the public areas and for gold and diamond HHonors guests. It is available in bedrooms for £14.99. BT Openzone provide a dedicated 24 hour help line and we refer to BT Openzone for connectivity issues relating to firewalls and security settings on the user’s PC, as they are best suited to resolve these issues.

In the interests of safety, we are obligated by law to carryout planned fire evacuations and as I am aware letters were placed in the rooms informing guests of this; I apologise if this was not the case for you and for the disturbance it caused you. Thank you again and please be assured that all details of your feedback have been passed to the relevant Departmental Manager for follow up.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel as we were going to the o2 for a concert.
Firstly on arrival we were given a free upgrade and the room we had was massive.

Location ~ the location is excellent for shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The Dlr station is a few hundred feet away and although there was some noise from the trains it didn't interrupt our sleep.
We went to the o2 arena which was a couple of stops away on the tube and got back to the hotel despite the massive crowds in about an hour which was really good.

Room ~ the free upgrade was very welcome and the room we ended up in was massive. It had excellent views of the docklands area and had a very large and comfortable bed as well as a small sofa and other chairs.

Service ~ the service was generally very good although after returning from the o2 arena we found that we couldn't get a bite to eat as the room service stopped at 11pm. I would have thought that being near the arena they would have accommodated for people getting back late with the munchies.
The bar was also hellishly expensive at nearly five pound for a pint and eight pound for a glass of wine.

Summary ~ the hotel was in an excellent location and well fitted out although pricey.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timagh2
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services. I am pleased you and your partner enjoyed your stay and found the location suitable for travelling to the o2 arena. I would like to apologise for inconvenienced caused when you returned from the concert and you were unable to obtain any food. This was a surprise as we offer a 24 hour room service menu; I have today spoken to the F&B manager to investigate why this was not offered to you.
London
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Upgraded to an Executive room which was definitely worth it. Once you find it its easy to get to Canary Wharf for shopping and transport links into the centre. Fitness centre is small but good enough and the sauna is lovely.

Enjoyed breakfast and afternoon tea in the Exec longue. We felt thoroughly spoilt. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MandyNLondon
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. Thank and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Came for business but had an extra day to spare: getting to the centre of London is easy with the underground jubilee line a couple of hundred meters away. Breakfast is very good, with quite some choice between sweet and savory. The rooms are fine, quite spacious with limited view (was on the 9th floor). Very nice executive lounge on the 14 th floor with great views on London. The hotel has its own underground parking (extra cost 20 pounds) which is tidy and connects directly to the hotel. In short, an ideal hotel for anyone on business.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the lovely review you shared with other travellers. We were pleased to read your compliments of our services and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Sussex, England
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed here a few times and like it. this property is very modern and well appointed and it is ideally located if doing business in Canary Wharf. Yes there are some noise issues with the DLR but just ask for a room on the other side of the property. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The staff are very efficient and helpful. Being a HH Diamond member I get access to the exec lounge which has been excellent i.e. spacious, quiet and a great place for a pretty full breakfast. When I was there last in December 2013 there were ominous signs of them doing a redesign - I say ominous because I have noticed that Hilton are doing such re-designs to cram more people in and to save money. They run the risk of devaluing this great perk.

My final comment is about price. We live in a free market economy and therefore sometime I can get in for £199 or maybe £239 but on many occasions the price shoots up to £359 or even over £400 per night - at those levels I cant justify staying there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
It is always good to get feedback from our regular guests and I am glad you enjoy staying at the hotel. With regards to your comment on the Executive Lounge refurbishment; the renovations to the lounge were purely cosmetic and to improve the guest experience in some areas such as the breakfast buffet access. The re-design was not to increase the number of people accessing the lounge. It would be good to get your opinion on the new layout of the lounge when you next return.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I actually stayed here last year I just never got round to writing a review. But I wanted to write now as I had an amazing birthday, I don't know how much this trip cost as my boyfriend paid but he'd called to arrange some treats for my birthday. When I got to my room I found a chocolate cake and a lovely card from the manager, really nice touch. They also gave me a big corner room it was so spacious with a massive bed it was so comfy. Everything was really clean I really couldn't fault anything. We were round the corner to Goodmans steak restaurant where my boyfriend took me to dinner for my birthday, also definitely well worth a visit with amazing views. The breakfast was amazing there was everything you could want. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any special occasion and thank you to all the staff for the experience. Hopefully I will be back this year!

• Stayed July 2013
We are delighted your enjoyed your special weekend at our hotel last year, especially the service you received from the team, the breakfast and the size of the room. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime this year.