“Perfect!”

Ranked #73 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th October for a John Mayer concert at the O2 Arena. I can't rave about the hotel enough!!

Upon check-in we were greeted by very friendly and attentive staff who personally wished my girlfriend a happy birthday - (which was the reason for our visit.) They gave us a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite which was brilliant! The room was spacious, spotless and offered a great view out over central London.

Prior to arrival I had paid for a deluxe birthday package to surprise my girlfriend with which included a lovely cake, 2 cocktails from the bar, late check out, balloons to decorate the room and personalized cards. This was a lovely touch!

Getting into London is really easy and efficient, hotel is a 5 minute walk from Canary Wharf tube station and trains are every 2 minutes.

Breakfast at the hotel was spot on, a full english breakfast buffet complete with all the fruits, yogurts, cereals and fruit juices. On the Monday we were 15 minutes late for breakfast which wasn't a problem as the waitress directed us up to the executive lounge as we were in one of the suites where we could still get some.

Travel to the O2 Arena couldn't be any easier, a 5 minute tube and one stop away from North Greenwich station which is a 30 second walk to the arena.

The concierge looked after our bags after check out so we could spend the last few hours in London without dragging our bags around and this was no problem at all.

Our stay at this hotel was an absolute pleasure and we will definitely be back when we next stay in London.

Please pass on my thanks to Zsofia, Nina and the rest of the staff for making our stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors may be quieter due to the DLR line right next to the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about hotel and for sharing your great experience. It was great to read you had enjoyable stay and that you were looked after by the team especially Zsofia and Nina; I will certainly pass on your thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice now and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

The executive lounge is lovely and worth a visit - with great views from its windows.

Not tried a meal there yet, but the breakfast is lovely.

Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am really pleased that you enjoy staying at the hotel and that you find the executive lounge lovely with great views. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Birmingham,UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Good standard of hotel. Got upgraded to 12th floor for no extra charge. Lovely room with "courtyard" view which was the opposite site to the Docklands light railway which rumbles past every five to 10 mins. bfast not included. Very handy for DLR and Canary Wharf tube.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnKirk
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and found the location suitable for your needs. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 20th October as we were going to a concert at the O2, we have stayed once before about 4 years ago and it was a great experience then and this time was even better. A few weeks before arrival I had contacted the hotel to request a quiet room away from the DLR as it was a romantic anniversary treat for my husband, a lovely lady called Zsofia emailed me suggesting I may like to try their "romance package" at £30, and as we had got a good price on the room by booking with Hotels Click I decided to do this as a surprise for my husband. Zsofia could not have been more helpful, organising a personalised card and emailing me to reassure me our booking was confirmed as I had worried than had not received our booking (had read some worryingly bad reviews of Hotels Click after using them!). On our arrival it was a pleasant surprise to find out Zsofia had organised an upgrade to an Executive room for us, with use of the lounge on level 14 and complimentary drinks/afternoon tea/canapés etc. This was just lovely and really made our night away extra special. The romance package was fun, with rose petals on the bed, heart balloons and chocolate dipped strawberries, not to mention two cocktails and an in-room movie :-) my husband had a good chuckle when he saw the rose petals! The hotel itself is fabulous, spotlessly clean with professional and friendly staff. Easy to access from the underground and the DLR. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we hope to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the DLR and if possible on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I really appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel again after your first visit 4 years ago. I am pleased you enjoyed your ‘romance package’ and I will certainly share your comments with the team especially Zsofia.
Farnham Common, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but as I largely rely on these reviews to make my decision when booking thought it only fair. We were visiting the O2 for 1 night on Sat 19th October and when we arrived we were told the car park was full and advised to either try the NCP or The Britannia Hotel which were both nearby. We however found a parking space around the corner in Lighterman's Road which was FREE!! definitely worth giving it a try and only a 5 minute walk. We were greeted on arrival and told we had been upgraded, However, our room faced out onto the DLR track and we assumed we were given that room as most other people had asked for a quiet room. The DLR came passed quite frequently but not noisy enough to worry about (The windows are well insulated - although very dirty). The room was huge and modern and very comfortable. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. We were offered a complimentary newspaper in the morning.
The train connections were great, as a short walk across the bridge across the Quay and we were at Canary Wharf tube station. One stop later we were at the O2!!
Breakfast was included in our rate and we half expected a continental breakfast. We however, very pleasantly surprised to have a full English buffet, help yourself to as much as you like. There were plenty of staff on hand to help and all were very chirpy and helpful. The pastries and juices were constantly being replenished. Overall we would definitely recommend staying here, the rooms were great, the staff were excellent, location brilliant. thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and rating of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the location suitable for your needs. I'm also glad you found the breakfast to have plenty of choice and the team were excellent.
portsmouth
Reviewed October 21, 2013

lovely stay,big rooms, great breakfast, executive lounge worth every penny. 2nd stay here cant wait to go again. great location. near to tube and DLR mattress bit hard but would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is always great to read that our guests return regularly to the Hotel and that we are able to meet your expectations. I have pass on your comments regarding the mattress to our Head Housekeeper.
Kent
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed on saturday evening as we were attending an event at the O2.

Upon arrival the carpark was full and so we had to find a side street to park in. Check in was a little slow but the reception staff were polite and efficient.

We had a smoking room on the 7th floor which although the hall way leading to the room smelt terribly of smoke, the room was fresh with no smoking odours. The bed was a king size and the room was large and spacious with great views of canary wharf.

Canary Wharf has great eateries, shops and views and I would definitely return to the Hilton to spend more time visiting these.

On our return from the O2 we spent time at the Hotel bar which the cost of drinks were added to the room bill and an envelope placed under our room door.

The breakfast (included in the cost of the room) the next day was terrible. We had to wait for at least 5 minutes to be seated in the half empty restaurant. The cost of breakfast if not included in your room price is £20 per person, this is appalling considering the quality of it.

All in all a lovely stay and would definitely return although maybe pass on the breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you found the room large and spacious. With regards to your comments about check-in and breakfast I have today spoken with both the Front of House Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager who both join me in apologising for the shortfall in service you received. I do hope you will visit us again and also take up breakfast in order to experience the high level of service we provide for our guests.