“hilton.”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #67 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 22, 2013

good hotel,easy access to central london.(15 minutes by tube) would stay again.only one complaint.i had booked for 4 nights,but had to leave thursday morning.my my bill they chaged me for using the mini bar and for an extra nights parking (20 pound per day.)which is good for london.this was rectified,but no mention of the night i had paid for,(no refund,)otherwise a pleasant stay staff very professional

Room Tip: our room was on the 4 floor with the docklands railway out side.have a room on a higher floor.so you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam_M_Smith, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I was glad to hear that your stay was a good and professional one.

Please do accept my apologies for the additional charges on your bill, I was glad to read that these were rectified. If you would like to me to look at the accommodation overcharge please feel free to contatctme directly at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Adam Smith
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,696)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a frequent traveler to London, and very often stay at this hotel. The service is excellent, the lounge is perfect, and I feel like a valued guest with each stay. On the most recent trip I arrived on my birthday. The hotel was kind enough to surprise me with birthday cake and balloons in my room when I arrived back after working a long day. This was an unexpected surprise, and reinforced for me the attention to service. I look forward to my next stay, which I am sure will be as consistently good as before.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel once again for your return visit to London, I am especially pleased that you consistently receive good service which makes you feel valued as a guest; this is certainly our goal for all our guests. It is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback and it will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a 2-day stay at this Hilton when we were attending a music festival at the O2 Arena. It was conveniently situated for this as Canary Wharf Underground Station is only 5-10 minutes walk away (cross the bridge directly behind the hotel and then cut through the Jubillee Park shopping mall and go one stop on the tube.)
When we arrived we were cordially greeted and although early, we were given our room. We were then delighted to be told that we had been upgraded to an executive room on the 12th floor (but without access to the Executive Lounge, unfortunately). The room was lovely, being very spacious and tastefully decorated in neutral colours. There was a large bed (American king size, I think) with plenty of room for moving around, a comfortable armchair and drinks tabel as well as a desk/ chair arrangement. The bathroom was also a good size, with a good-size bath and separate shower cubicle. It was stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. All the expected 'necessaries' were provided: hairdrier, iron, tea/coffee maker (replenished daily), etc. Didn't even open the mini-bar as the bottle of mineral water offered was £5.50. We made do with the small complimentary bottles provided (and replaced next day). WiFi is free in public areas, but costs £15 per day for in-room. I thought this was a bit steep, so just took advantage of free service.
We were grateful to be in a high room as it was nice and quiet. However, in the distance we could hear the rumble of the DLR elevated railway which passess very close to this hotel. Had we been in a lower room, we might have found this very annoying.
Breakfast was included in our tariff (charge otherwise £20) and it was very nice. The restaurant helpfully provided a list of 10 'healthy options', including smoked salmon, porridge, fruit,egg-white omelette, etc., so I had a healthy meusili with Greek yoghurt - followed by a full English! Both the continental and cooked breakfast buffets were well stocked with a wide variety to suit all tastes.
Throughout our stay, the staff were not only friendly and courteous, but seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. We enjoyed our stay here and would certainly return if going back to the O2.

Room Tip: To avoid the DLR railway, request either a high room or one facing the river.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay in particular the location, room, breakfast and the service provided by the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a modern, clean and comfortable hotel - well placed for the O2 and the east side of London, including Stratford, Spittalfields and Brick Lane. The Dockland Light Railway runs right next to the hotel so be sure and ask for either an upper floor or one facing the river.
The access to the DLR and tube lines makes travelling so easy.
We stayed in Executive rooms - spacious, clean and with everything you would expect - good TV and entertainment, wifi, hairdryer, slippers and dressing gowns, etc, etc. Bed very firm. Great pillows.
Bathroom was also clean and modern but a little on the small side. Could be a little better designed - a single hook for ones dressing gown was right next to the toilet, so as it hung, it nestled up against the pan - not ideal! Shower was large but water pressure low.
There was a some confusion about the opening times of the Executive Lounge. We were given three different times, but the actual opening time for alcoholic drinks was 6pm to 9pm. Some nice canapes available but I'm not sure the additional price you would pay if in a standard room (£30) would make it worthwhile. Breakfast in the lounge was nice - similar to that served in the main dining room but a lot quieter. The bar area is comfortable and large, prices pretty good for central London - we certainly didn't feel ripped off.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Car parking very easy and good value (£20 a day).

Room Tip: Ask for upper room. Executive rooms and suites start on floor 12.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay especially in the Executive Lounge, I was also pleased to read that you found the team to be friendly and accommodating. Thank you.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here with an old friend because we had somewhere to be the next day which was local. We were so impressed with the service and the price we were charged! The room was gorgeous and everything was just perfect. To make it even nicer the staff were so friendly and helpful. We liked it so much we booked another night! I would definitely go back again....anytime!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments, It is great to read how you enjoy staying at the hotel. I will certainly share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend of the C2C festival at the O2, got a great rate which included breakfast. Easy to find from Canary Wharf underground station and although early we were allowed into our room which was a bonus. Staff unfailingly polite and friendly, room was a good size for London, bathroom small but perfectly adequate. We did not eat here (We ate in the Canary Wharf Mall - very nice too, plenty of choice) but had a drink in the bar after the concert, bar surroundings are cosy and comfortable again with very nice staff. We enjoyed a good nights sleep and a very good breakfast before leaving, all in all a great place to stay and I would stay here again when visiting London whether or not I was going to the O2.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your stay with us; it was indeed a pleasure to have looked after you during your stay. I am happy that the location was suitable for your needs and especially pleased to read the service provided by the team will result in you returning back to the hotel and not just when you are going to the O2. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My recent overnight stay at Hilton Canary Wharf was satisfactory. Initially I was given a room overlooking Marsh Wall and so I asked for a room with a view of the other side hoping to see some canals. No such luck. The smiling man at the front desk gave me room 622 with a view of three high walls - one with scaffolding - and a roof down below. It was claustrophobic to say the least and I had no 3G connection throughout. I was too tired to complain. The room itself was spacious but a little bit too warm, the toiletries in the bathroom were lovely and they still do shower caps which is a nice touch. Room service was prompt, courteous and delicious. The bed seemed a bit hard while awake but I slept okay nonetheless. Breakfast was lovely with friendly and attentive staff. I would stay overnight again at a similar rate but I would certainly hope for better views from my room.

• Stayed: March 2013
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I appreciate the time taken to post feedback and that in general you enjoyed your stay. It was disappointing to read that you did not receive a room with a view as requested, I have spoken with the Front of House Manager and she joins me in apologising for this shortfall in service. The strength of the mobile network signal is unfortunately beyond our control and in part due to the rapid development of the Canary Wharf area. From time to time the various network signals do drop out; we are liaising with the mobile network providers to find a solution to this problem. I acknowledge your feedback in relation to the bed and have shared them with the Head Housekeeper.