“Good location, good hotel”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #68 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a modern, clean and comfortable hotel - well placed for the O2 and the east side of London, including Stratford, Spittalfields and Brick Lane. The Dockland Light Railway runs right next to the hotel so be sure and ask for either an upper floor or one facing the river.
The access to the DLR and tube lines makes travelling so easy.
We stayed in Executive rooms - spacious, clean and with everything you would expect - good TV and entertainment, wifi, hairdryer, slippers and dressing gowns, etc, etc. Bed very firm. Great pillows.
Bathroom was also clean and modern but a little on the small side. Could be a little better designed - a single hook for ones dressing gown was right next to the toilet, so as it hung, it nestled up against the pan - not ideal! Shower was large but water pressure low.
There was a some confusion about the opening times of the Executive Lounge. We were given three different times, but the actual opening time for alcoholic drinks was 6pm to 9pm. Some nice canapes available but I'm not sure the additional price you would pay if in a standard room (£30) would make it worthwhile. Breakfast in the lounge was nice - similar to that served in the main dining room but a lot quieter. The bar area is comfortable and large, prices pretty good for central London - we certainly didn't feel ripped off.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Car parking very easy and good value (£20 a day).

Room Tip: Ask for upper room. Executive rooms and suites start on floor 12.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay especially in the Executive Lounge, I was also pleased to read that you found the team to be friendly and accommodating. Thank you.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here with an old friend because we had somewhere to be the next day which was local. We were so impressed with the service and the price we were charged! The room was gorgeous and everything was just perfect. To make it even nicer the staff were so friendly and helpful. We liked it so much we booked another night! I would definitely go back again....anytime!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments, It is great to read how you enjoy staying at the hotel. I will certainly share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend of the C2C festival at the O2, got a great rate which included breakfast. Easy to find from Canary Wharf underground station and although early we were allowed into our room which was a bonus. Staff unfailingly polite and friendly, room was a good size for London, bathroom small but perfectly adequate. We did not eat here (We ate in the Canary Wharf Mall - very nice too, plenty of choice) but had a drink in the bar after the concert, bar surroundings are cosy and comfortable again with very nice staff. We enjoyed a good nights sleep and a very good breakfast before leaving, all in all a great place to stay and I would stay here again when visiting London whether or not I was going to the O2.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your stay with us; it was indeed a pleasure to have looked after you during your stay. I am happy that the location was suitable for your needs and especially pleased to read the service provided by the team will result in you returning back to the hotel and not just when you are going to the O2. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My recent overnight stay at Hilton Canary Wharf was satisfactory. Initially I was given a room overlooking Marsh Wall and so I asked for a room with a view of the other side hoping to see some canals. No such luck. The smiling man at the front desk gave me room 622 with a view of three high walls - one with scaffolding - and a roof down below. It was claustrophobic to say the least and I had no 3G connection throughout. I was too tired to complain. The room itself was spacious but a little bit too warm, the toiletries in the bathroom were lovely and they still do shower caps which is a nice touch. Room service was prompt, courteous and delicious. The bed seemed a bit hard while awake but I slept okay nonetheless. Breakfast was lovely with friendly and attentive staff. I would stay overnight again at a similar rate but I would certainly hope for better views from my room.

• Stayed: March 2013
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I appreciate the time taken to post feedback and that in general you enjoyed your stay. It was disappointing to read that you did not receive a room with a view as requested, I have spoken with the Front of House Manager and she joins me in apologising for this shortfall in service. The strength of the mobile network signal is unfortunately beyond our control and in part due to the rapid development of the Canary Wharf area. From time to time the various network signals do drop out; we are liaising with the mobile network providers to find a solution to this problem. I acknowledge your feedback in relation to the bed and have shared them with the Head Housekeeper.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location for the 02-staff really great we booked in a little early no problem .Rooms very spacious beds sooooo comfy normally miss my bed at home but had a great nights sleep Love the bathroom very modern with radio and great shower.This hotel had a very relaxing professional feeling I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dee h

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you found our hotel to be relaxing and has a professional feel. I was also glad to read that you found the rooms spacious the bed comfy and the bathroom very modern. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in March. Having previously stayed in Hilton Tower, which is also great and more close to my personal taste, i decided to give it a try. First remark is that by the time you get out of the tube station you feel that you have taken a journey in time-fast forward. The hotel area has this ultraterrestrial feeling with skyliners, wide roads, and could be described as the 21st century Venice version. There is an abundance of malls and stores, however the majority closes at 21.00, so if you want to crab something to eat after nine, i think only waitrose is open, which has excellent take away sushi.
Hotel has rather small lobby, but it makes up with the behavior of the personnel. A personal touch at the welcome, some useful advice by the concierge and specials remarks to the waiters in the breakfast which make you feel at hotel. It's the first hotel that waiters in the breakfast actually serve you juice or water. Small gesture, some may insignificant, but devil is in the detail. There was a girl, her name was something like Helena or Selena,Jelena (?) which really made my day .Breakfast was excellent, as supposed to be and DLR was hardly heard.
I stayed in room 815 which was huge, and it was supposed to be the standard one. My only remark is that the opposite door was probably the room of the cleaning ladies, and if you want to sleep late, the constant use of this door maybe be annoying.
Overall, a Hilton experience as it's supposed to be.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with other travellers. It was good to read that you were able to explore the Canary Wharf area. I was especially pleased to read that you were impressed with the service provided by the team especially Angelina in the restaurant.

With regards to your comment on being disturbed, I have today spoken with the Head Housekeeper to ensure the Room Attendants are more considerate when going in and out of their store room, I have also asked our Chief Engineer to look at the door closer to ensure it is not defective.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Must admit I normally stay at the Hilton Docklands when I visit london but as it was my boyfriends birthday and it was my treat I decided to spend the extra cash and stay at canary wharf as we spend most of our time that side of the river. I have to say it is worth the extra money. The room was so luxurious compared to some others I have stayed at. There wasn't a view from the room but this didn't matter. We don't go away to look out of a window and let's face it a room is simply for a bed for the night but it makes a huge difference to the trip when it is a stunning room and hotel. It is a very modern Hilton and everything from the staff to the food and the location was superb. Would stay here again and again.

Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your partner’s birthday. I am really pleased that you were impressed with our hotel and found the team and the food to be superb, which will result in you staying at the hotel again in the near future.