“Business”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #68 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed in the Hilton Canary Wharf with my husband while he was on business. We were upgraded to a suite as they didn't have my husband's room when he arrivied. They had him stay in a different hotel for the 1st night then arranged for him to be back in the Hilton for the following 5 nights. Since I was travelling when all this took place my husband was worried that it would all be arranged for my arrival the next morning as he would be in meetings all day.

I arrived to the hotel, they had the room ready, my husbands suitcase was delivered and the management sent up a lovely fruit platter by way of apology.

The room was spacious, with a living room and well located close to the tube station, restaurants, and bars. We had US plugs in the room and internet.The hotel concerige was kind and helpful, and was always on hand to direct, obtain taxies etc. There was also a executive lounge that was available for breakfast and for drinks in the evening.

This area is mostly offices, and is thriving in the week, but the weekend is much quieter, and many of the business are shut.

The location is more difficult to get to since it is in the docklands/canary wharf area it was always a tube journey to get anywhere, but other than that it was an excellent place to stay, and I had a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 328sandip
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments about hotel and for sharing your experience. It is good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms spacious and found the concierge team kind and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love visiting this hotel, just stayed for a second time in a year and would choose it everytime especially if going to the O2 at a weekend. The area is quiet but there is planty of opportunity for some retail therapy which is always a bonus!

The hotel is situated in the heart of Canary Wharf and the quiet laid back atmosphere makes you forget you are in London, there is no traffic noise to speak of and restaurants have plenty of outside seating areas on the pedestrian precincts.

The Hotel is bright and modern and the service always good, but the real treat are the rooms! They are huge, with lovely arm chairs and beautiful bathrooms. they are spotlessly clean and there is no noise from the corridor or from the street.

The breakfast is a real treat, good quality, fantastic choice with an omellette chef and massive array of baked goods and pastries as well as fresh fruit, meats and cheeses, something for everyone!

This is a really good quality, great value hotel. Don't be put off by the distance from Central London, the Tube is 5 minutes walk and the train takes just 15 minutes to get to Waterloo. It takes me longer to drive the school run in rural Dorset!

One last thing...Fantastic Beds!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments about hotel and for sharing your experience. It is good to read that you enjoy staying with us and find the location suitable for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here while attending an event at the O2 and it is an easy journey by tube- 1 stop. Canary wharf itself is relatively quiet at weekends and it is a long way away from the normal tourist attractions. The hotel is nice, well decorated and furnished. Typically for a Hilton it lacks a personal touch and although we noted it was a special occasion when we booked there was no acknowledgement of this. Wasnt expecting an upgrade- although would have been nice, but a simple congratulations wouldn't have gone amiss. We didn't have much of a view, but the room itself was a very good size. Bed was comfortable and shower hot and powerful. Breakfast was fine, plenty of it and a nice enough restaurant. Canary Wharf tube station is an easy few minutes walk, and there are plenty of shops in that area too as well as some decent restaurants and bars. When we came back from the O2 we went to the other side of canary whart where there was a late opening bar, and then walked back which only took about 10 minutes. We were hungry and luckily behind the hotel there is an all night sandwich/baguette (subway style) place which was a bonus! There is also a tesco express here which is useful to know for our next stay.

Would we stay again? Yes. It is a nice enough hotel with decent sized rooms and a good quality breakfast. I have to say Hilton is not my favourtine chain however and it would not be my first choice due to the lack of personal touch. I would also only stay here if needing to be in that area as normally we'd prefer something more central.

2  Thank Manda1979
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to read that in general you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the rooms to be of a good size, the bed comfortable and you liked the breakfast. I was sorry to read that we did not pick up on your special occasion, I have shared your comment with the Front of House Manager. I would like to note that travelling from Canary Wharf to central London will take you 15 minutes on the London Underground Jubilee Line.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Canary Wharf in London - the location is convenient for all who have business or pleasure, excellent front of house staff, very good rooms that were both clean and well designed , the Cinnamon Restaurant at the hotel was a match for all of the others at the Wharf, with very bright, comfortable and modern decor , focused on Asian Cuisine with a good choice of dishes at sensible prices for a hotel restaurant with a decent wine list again at sensible prices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sidvasili
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked this night away as a surprise for my husband as it was our wedding anniversary. We were seeing Michael McIntyre at the o2 so the location was really convenient.
The room was lovely and I cant fault it in any way. It does have a mini bar but the prices are pretty much what you may expect for a mini bar. £2 for a kit kat £3.50 for peanuts £3.75 can of soft drink etc. If you think you may get peckish - go to a tesco express on the way like we did!
There is a slight rumble from the DLR but in no way a disturbance. I couldnt hear any noise from other guests and the bed was very comfortable. The room was well equipped, tastefully decorated and CLEAN!

We didnt dine in the hotel at all as we like to get out and about but I did notice the prices seemed expensive. I did use the fitness centre which was good, and empty first thing on the Sat morning. The hotel lacks free wifi and in my opinion they could at least offer this free in the business centre - however Im told its hilton policy to charge for this. 3G coverage was very poor (voda) so its hit and miss on a smart phone or ipad. The staff are very efficient, although when I went to reception for more milk I was hoping I could just collect it as I was down there. They requested I wait in the room for someone to bring it. I dont feel its necessary to have room service call for a couple of milks but thats not a complaint just personal opinion.

The one thing I have to say about the staff is that from my experience they are honest. I checked out and stupidly overlooked my i-phone plugged in on the desk. I went back to the hotel over an hour later worried that it would be gone forever. It had been bagged up, labelled and handed straight in. It has restored my faith in human nature.

There is no question that I would stay here again. It would be my first choice when visiting the o2 arena.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs, rooms clean and the team honest. In regards to your comment relating the strength of the mobile network signal, unfortunately this is beyond our control and in part due to the rapid development of the Canary Wharf area. From time to time the various network signals do drop out, we are liaising with the mobile network providers to find a solution to this problem.

We very much appreciate your feedback it certainly helps us monitor our service. Thank you.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having booked to see the Michael McIntyre show at the O2 this hotel seemed to have a suitable location, and was reasonably priced at £225 for two nights B+B.

Check-In was fast and seamless. The room was spacious and, being on the 10th Floor, was nice and quiet despite the existence of the DLR yards away. The bed was deceptively large. The shower was acceptable without having my preferred "fireman's hose" type pressure. Everything was clean and spotless.

The quality of food at breakfast was also very good and we certainly walked into town full up on both mornings.

My only comment about service relates to the breakfast helpers. Having taken a single bite out of a pastry I left it next to my main plate whilst I went to get more orange juice. On my return it had been removed by one of the servers. They quickly apologised and replaced it. However at the next table one of the other servers tried to remove something from their table whilst the customer still wanted it, as I overheard her point out to the server. Whilst I am all for speedy service and this should not be taken as a massive "criticism" I think it is useful to be aware that this happens - some customers may be more bothered by it.

Overall, a very relaxing hotel stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel and for sharing your experience. It was great to read that you enjoyed the canary wharf location, the hotel room and the quality of the breakfast. I have taken the opportunity to share your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great Hotel with lovely breakfast........Great room and bathroom. Bed was king size and really comfy. Hotel was a short walk from Canary Wharf tube station and a good shopping mall. We loved it and will be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel in particular the room and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back.