Canary Wharf is a ghost town on the weekend. Fortunately, it means that the Hilton Canary Wharf becomes very cheap and there are plenty of good rooms to be had. I managed to snag a Junior Suite for my stay on a Saturday night in April for an unspeakably low price. Getting to the hotel was a breeze, an easy walk from South Quay DLR without any crazy obstructions, hills or other hindrances. You could easily do it with luggage if you wanted to. The hotel is located in quite a nice area of Canary Wharf with some restaurants and nice viewpoints of the docklands.
My room itself was excellent. Not only for the price paid but for a business hotel in general. I generally prefer my rooms to be spacious, thoughtfully arranged and functional and this room fit the bill perfectly. I felt the room defined "junior suite" perfectly, with a divider separating the sleeping area from the sitting area. There were two TVs, one in each area, both flat-screen and adequately sized. All of the furniture was quite new and there was plenty of lighting. The bathroom wasn't quite as spacious as the rest of the room but it was adequate and the decor was quite good there as well. I have no complaints about the room at all, it was the best Hilton room I've ever stayed in. (and I've been to a lot of Hiltons...) I used to be a big fan of the Hilton Tower Bridge but if I need to be near Canary Wharf next time I'm in London my loyalties will surely be tested.
The only food I ate in the hotel was breakfast in the executive lounge, which was good. It was nothing special, just the typical full breakfast you can find at other Hiltons in London. The staff were all great, I always had a positive impression of all the staff I encountered there. I'd strongly recommend this hotel for anyone who has business in Canary Wharf but also for anyone who wants a nice hotel to stay in on a weekend trip to London. The neighbourhood isn't exciting to begin with on a weekday and it totally dies on a weekend but the DLR is less than 5 minutes away and you can go anywhere from there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently in the heart of London’s business district, Hilton London Canary Wharf is an obvious and popular choice for business visitors. As one of our guests you will have access to a high-speed internet connection, spacious desks to work from, a 24-hour business center and many other comforts. Rooms are fitted with a widescreen TV and an alarm clock that lets you plug in your MP3 player, meaning you can wake up to your favourite music.When you’re not busy working, make the most of the sauna, steam room or work out in the well-equipped fitness center. Or sip on a well-earned cocktail in the very popular Canary Wharf restaurant, Cinnamon. Hilton London Canary Wharf is very close to the O2 Arena and Westfield shopping complex in Stratford. This hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting to be close to where business happens but not too far from all the tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Canary Wharf
- Canary Hilton Wharf
- Hilton London Canary Wharf England