“Noiisy beware of the roos close to the DLR”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #70 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Copenhagen
“Noiisy beware of the roos close to the DLR”
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Service is A's expected, breakfast is fine. A straith forward Hilton Hotel. But paying for a superior room and the train runs lets than 5 meters from your window is not really what you want. Well I thought it was a mistanke the first time so I forgave but twice thats just not good enough for me. WHO watts to stat in a Hilton Hotel at thise prices with a train in the livingroom.

Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Torben K
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services. With regards to your comment on your room location, on your next booking to the hotel please do not hesitate to request a room on a higher floor with a river view and subject to availability we will do our utmost to accommodate you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birminham
Reviewed April 15, 2012

It was my first (and probably last) time at the Hilton chain, as I usually choose Novotel.
First the positives: everything you expect from a business hotel is there, such as spacious and clean rooms, modern facilities, nice bar and restaurant.
The main issue with my stay was as I got the room and as I checked out. First, I was given a disabled room and, since I'm not disabled, I found it extremely unconfortable with a very low facilities in the bathroom. The room was on the 3rd floor, just by the railway, which meant that I couldnt sleep until trains stopped around 12:30am (and wake up again around 6am when they started running again). I guess the tip is to ask not to stay on any room facing the railway from the 2nd to the 5th floor.

Customer service was polite but extremely cold. Having worked myself on the frontline as a customer service representative for many years, I know that cold customer service is always a reflection on the employer not looking after their staff. This is probably the least friendly 4-star hotel I have stayed ever.

The other main issue was with the minibar. I am not a drinker, so I am never interested in this kind of service, however, on check out I got a bill for minibar services. I told the receptionist that I didn't even opened the minibar and s/he insisted that it was computerised and that I had used it. When I asked them to check my room, s/he was actually rude enough to say that he trusted me but that I had probably moved some of the items inside the minibar but that I couldn't remember doing it!!! Was this part of a scam to overcharge customers or just a way to upset them? After check out, while I waited in the foyer I overheard two more guests complaining about the same thing, as they had been overcharged for drinks from the minibar...

All in all, a very average stay and, if in doubt, choose another 4-star hotel unless you get a good deal.

Room Tip: Ask not to face the railway or request a room on high levels. If you're not disabled, remind the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dylan W
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services. I am sorry to read that the service received did not match up with your expectations. This is not indicative of the usual feedback we receive from Tripadvisor reviewers.

I am also sorry you experienced issues with regards to the minibar charges. The system is very sensitive and can from time to time lead to erroneous charges which, we are in most cases happy to allow off with minimum fuss. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Your feedback has been shared with the team at the hotel and they join me in apologising for any shortcomings in service delivery.
Edinburgh
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our fourth visit to this hotel which is our first choice in London. Last time we couldn't get booked and stayed at a nearby hotel but were very pleased to be able to get Hilton booked up for our weekend. Got an Executive Room at standby rate which was well worth it - nice to be back at the hotel early in the evening and enjoy a snack and a drink. The room was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel. So easy to get into central London - Jubilee line can be closed at weekends but no problem this time. All staff very pleasant and the hotel feels very secure which is important to me. Looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Try for an Executive room. Higher floors won't have the DLR noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted that you enjoy your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 day break to London.
The hotel is located 3 mins walk. from South Quay Docklands Light Railway Station and 5 mins. walk to the Underground Station at Canary Wharf.
The hotel is very modern. Our room was a good size, twin beds, flat screen tv, writing desk, lounge chair and stool, even had an iron and ironing board. The Bathroom was a good size.
The breakfast we had at this hotel is about the best we've had anywhere. The cooked food was lovely and hot, loads of choice and well presented. Orange juice, tea/coffee was served at the table and topped up as and when required.
The staff are excellent, polite and attentive.
The hotel is immacuately clean .
One word of warning, The DLR Docklands Light Railway runs next door to the hotel. Our room was on the seventh floor and directly above the DLR but the noise was not intrusive (just a low rumble) If this may be a problem ask for a room away from the DLR.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It may not be the most central but still one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the DLR
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the room to be of a good size, the breakfast to be excellent and the team were polite and attentive. I will certainly share your comments with the team. Thank you.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Can't fault this hotel at all. Everyone was so polite and helpful, the hotel clean and rooms huge. Room Service fish & chips were delicious. Taxi ride to London Eye is approximately £24, but from there so much is walkable (we being nervous country bumpkins, not wanting to use the underground!). O2 arena very close and there's a wealth of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback it was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and you found the team to be polite and helpful and the fish and chips from room service was delicious. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

What can I say other than the staff at this hotel made our trip truly wonderful. From Robin the concierge who arranged tickets for attractions and gave us fantastic advice to Anton the chef who came out of the kitchen and went through the menu personally with my wife who is Coeliac and advised her that he would make whatever she wanted Coeliac friendly. My own thanks go to Riccardo the Guest Relations Manager who arranged the wonderful welcome for us and a fantastic room. It made our anniversary and my wifes birthday so so special.The hotel itself is so well situated for quick and easy trips into the city and the jubilee line will take you direct into the heart of London. We felt very safe in Canary Wharf and the security guys at Jubilee Plaza and Canary Wharf stations presence was very comforting.
The hotel is beautiful inside, the rooms are lovely, but it is the staff that make this a hotel that we shall definately visit again. Thank you again to all at the Hilton Canary Wharf.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views and the sound of the DLR is less intrusive
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your first stay with us, in particular the service you received from Robin, Anton and Riccardo who made your anniversary and your wife’s birthday a special one. I will certainly share your comments with them and I do hope we will have the pleasure of you returning to the hotel in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Everything about our stay here was excellent. Our room was upgraded & was huge, all of the staff we met couldn't have been nicer or more helpful & breakfast was fab! The location is perfect for easy access to the Underground or DLR & we much prefer being a little way outside the centre of London where it's quieter with less traffic & less hassle. The Jubilee line gets you to Westminster in minutes. From now on I would make this hotel my first choice when planning a visit & hopefully will return in September.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your kind comments regarding the Hilton London Canary Wharf, we are genuinely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location of the hotel to be perfect, the breakfast fab and the team were very helpful. It is also good to know that you will make the Canary Wharf hotel your first choice when planning a visit.