Stayed here recently but had been in the hotel also before.
BOOKING: through Hilton's official website, taking advantage of a promo, we booked an executive room for two nights with a pre-paid, non-refundable rate. Breakfast in the restaurant and executive lounge access were included.
LOCATION: once rough areas, the docklands and East London are now a super-modern, beautiful business (but not only) area.
CHECK-IN: quick and pleasant. Staff were always smiling and helpful. The reception is large and, just like the restaurant, with a lot of sleek limegreen glass.
ROOM: we had been in a standard room previously and had an executive room this time. Not too much difference: they are medium size, ultraclean, in beautiful warm tones, all very modern and elegant. The marble bathroom is extremely nice too. The plus with an executive room consists of getting access to the executive lounge, offering free breakfast and refreshments. Since breakfast was included in our rate, we had it in the restaurant directly. The lounge is one the best I've been to, along with those at the Hilton London Tower Bridge and the Hilton Stockholm Slussen. It's big, with a beautiful view and plenty of quality food and drinks. You can make a real meal out of it. There are computers with free internet access too.
SERVICES & AMENITIES: conceived as a business hotel, the Hilton London Canary Wharf has all the possible business & meeting-related facilities but since we were there for the weekend and not for business we did not try anything of that. We did try the gym and sauna.
DINING: the limegreen-glass decorated Cinnamon Restaurant & Bar is chic, beautiful and coloured. We had great Hilton breakfasts there. Selection and service are very good.
TRANSPORTATION & DIRECTIONS: very well connected with central London both through the underground (Jubilee Line) and the DLR (Docklands Light Railway).The DLR is next door. We used the underground instead. Exit the gorgeous Canary Wharf underground station, turn left, go through the building and the nice footbridge. The hotel is just there. It takes no more than 5 minutes.
BOTTOM LINE: We were very positively impressed by this hotel and very happy with our stay. Maybe I would not strongly recommend it to people going to London for the first time because it is a bit far from the main tourist areas. Let's put it like this: after your first visit to London, this is one of the best possible places where to stay. If you prefer the West End or being in the middle of the action (this part of the city is particularly quiet on the weekends), please note that you are very well and rapidly connected to it by underground. Of course it is an even more perfect choice for those having business in the Canary Wharf / Docklands area.
TIPS: Hilton is great but usually pretty on the expensive side. Since this is mainly a business hotel in a business area, rates tend to be high on weekdays; you will usually find good and sometimes really great rates for weekend stays - take advantage of that!
10-15 minutes on the Jubilee line (or DLR) will take you to Stratford, the heart of the action of the upcoming Olympics, and to the recently opened Westfield Stratford City, the largest shopping mall in Europe. We have been there many times and can confirm it is amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently in the heart of London’s business district, Hilton London Canary Wharf is an obvious and popular choice for business visitors. As one of our guests you will have access to a high-speed internet connection, spacious desks to work from, a 24-hour business center and many other comforts. Rooms are fitted with a widescreen TV and an alarm clock that lets you plug in your MP3 player, meaning you can wake up to your favourite music.When you’re not busy working, make the most of the sauna, steam room or work out in the well-equipped fitness center. Or sip on a well-earned cocktail in the very popular Canary Wharf restaurant, Cinnamon. Hilton London Canary Wharf is very close to the O2 Arena and Westfield shopping complex in Stratford. This hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting to be close to where business happens but not too far from all the tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton London Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Canary Wharf
- Canary Hilton Wharf
- Hilton London Canary Wharf England