“Cancelled”

Ranked #403 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Cancelled”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just like the last review - my boking was cancelled due to refurbishment. I responded to the hotels email asking for help in finding alternative accommodation and got no response. That was a week ago.

I find it odd that when I go onto the hotels website - it has been updated since I booked back and in November and they still are taking bookings for the period of time I am visiting London (early July)

Very disappointed as finding alternative accommodation is very hard - most places are well above my budget or booked out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank misssb10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Netherlands
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We didn't stay here.
We would have liked to, but 10 days after the hotel confirmed the booking we received an email saying that they were going into refurbishment and therefor had to cancel the reservation. Kind regards from Satish, the receptionist.
I would have expected assistance in finding other accommodation. Alas.

Suspicions were that -in this Olympic year- they were able to sell the room again for a considerably higher rate, but that is of course purely speculation on our side. In the very least it shows disrespect for their customers.

So, on my black list from now on.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sterres12

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Worth the money
Great location you will find near you everything you need underground, shops, bars and mini club also subway and burger king and macdonalds

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rawyhwllou
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2011

good location basic accomadation reasonable continental breakfast clean

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank waynealdous
Kent
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I booked into this hotel for one night as we were celebrating his birthday in London and were having a rare night away from the children. Having read other reviews, we weren't expecting much, but were very pleasantly surprised. My husband checked in around 5pm and the staff welcome was satisfactory, neither rude nor particularly friendly. We then had an evening out and returned around midnight.

The room was BOILING hot when we came back in, but this was easily fixed by turning the heater off and opening a window!

The view out of the window was of a brick wall, not a particularly pleasant view, but this wasn't something that concerned me in the least. If you want a room with a beautiful view, this would not be the place for you...

The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean. The bathroom was small but functional, we had an ensuite room., the bathroom contained a toilet, a sink and a shower cubicle.
There was an HDTV provided in the room which worked perfectly - in my opinion this is the holy grail of hotel facilities!

In the morning we had breakfast which was simple but adequate. The staff were friendly enough, there were lots of lovely little teapots to make yourself a pot of tea, and coffee was provided. We were brought cereal, milk, yoghurt and toast to the table, and there was a selection of jams. Nothing fancy, but it filled a hole!

Overall we were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. I suppose it depends on your expectations, but all we wanted was a comfortable bed for the night and tea and toast in the morning, all boxes ticked! My one disappointment with this hotel was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room, I would have liked a cup of tea in bed!

I would recommend to a friend, and I would stay here again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teacosysuzy
racine, WI
Reviewed October 27, 2011

first off the room in TINY, I mean like you need to turn sideways to get out of the room tiny and yes you do hear everything and yes there is no LIFT which makes for quite the obstacle on your first night there BUT, the price is good, the location is excellent the room was clean. We stayed in room 8 it was a double with a double bed adn single bed. I didnt like that you couldnt open the windows but we went during a nice season so after your body temp lowers from the exhaustion of the trip up the steps it turned out ok. The breakfast is meager but there is a little convenience store less then 5 min away where you can get super cheap pastries. Its a hop away from Portabello Market on the weekends which was to DIE for!!!!!! mmmmmmmm sooooo much food!!! Im unsure if I would stay there again but I think it was a great location to subways and Im not too disappointed but I might see if there was a better value for my money in the same location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank autumrose
Bournemouth
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is a very basic hotel, the bedrooms are very poor with partition dividing a large bedroom to make two, this results in hearing every single noise. The bathroom is very basic and as with the bedroom needs complete refurbishment. For an extra £5 you can stay at a much better hotel in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family