“mmmmmmm”
Review of Uni

Uni
Reserve with OpenTable
Uni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,960 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Just minutes from Victoria, UNI brings vibrant colours, flavours and textures of the very best in Peruvian and Japanese fusion cuisine, Nikkei to the Belgravia area, London. Taking its name from the Japanese word for the sea urchin, a Japanese delicacy, the Andrew Martin-designed restaurant and sushi bar is open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Friday inclusive and on Saturday from 6pm.
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

right around the corner from the DT Victoria , delicious, service wonderful, my daughter begged to go back , we didn't get the chance . she said it was the best sushi she ever had , tuna sushi roll with chopped sushi on top- it all was wonderful. New establishment owned by Italians - top quality , you must go!!

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited early eve with my husband and 8 yr old son. We had a selection of sushi and maki at the bar on the ground floor. My son loved seeing the skills of the chef preparing our food, which was excellent! My son even learnt to use chop sticks. The fish was clearly incredibly fresh and everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Staff were also very friendly and attentive. Prices good for sushi of such good quality in Central London location. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Anyone who loves sushi has no doubt gone through the same gut wrenching doubt when picking a new place; one that hasn't been tried and tested. I wrestled with the same doubt prior to going to Uni, and decided to risk it all. Am I glad I did!

First, the venue. Easy to get to from Victoria (5 minute walk away) it is charming and discreet, with some unusual choices for decor (check out what the lamp shades are made of!). We were a group of four and were placed in one of their little alcoves below. True, it may feel a little cramped, but in fact it gave us a pleasant sense of exclusivity.

The staff were superb; friendly, helpful, and the Maitre D from Marbella was an absolute pleasure to talk to. A nice touch, at the end of our meal we were all quite full and ready to leave, but he offered a plate with a variety of delicate desserts, which was a real plus.

The sushi menu is varied, but not overwhelming, with primarily dishes you would already be accustomed with, and some kinky additions (mainly in terms of the type of fish used). There is a piece de resistance, but I think that should rightly be mentioned below.

The menu also offers some Peruvian specialties, which looked remarkably appetising, and some hot Japanese dishes also. However, we were all simply dying for sushi and that is what we focused on.

The sushi itself was, in my opinion, impeccable. Fresh, delicate, beautifully presented, and filling. The pricing of the dishes is pretty much what you would expect if you decide to go for sushi - it isn't cheap, but certainly not expensive for sushi, and certainly not expensive for London. For those with a larger wallet there are some pricier options on the menu which I had never seen before.

The piece de resistance was the dragon roll. An absolute explosion of flavour, presented in a way that almost made you reluctant to ruin it (not for long). The slightly warm tempura inside, mixed with the freshness of the avocado wrap was just sublime. We ordered it last as we all felt there was a little extra room, and wow, what a way to finish the meal.

All in all, I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a really good sushi meal. I will certainly be back.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've been here a few times since it opened and the food has been fantastic every time in terms of quality, taste, and presentation. It is slightly expensive, but then again it's very small and it's in Belgravia so you're paying a bit of a premium for that. It's most similar to Dinings in Marylebone terms of ambiance, menu, and quality, but of the more 'mainstream' offerings it's probably most comparable to Sushisamba or Chotto Matte. The salmon tacos are a must, as are most of the sushi rolls. The black cod is as good as you'll find anywhere. The only thing to note which might put some people off is that it's a relatively new restaurant in a relatively quiet area. Although extremely trendy and suitable for either couple or small/medium size groups, it hasn't been the most buzzing place when I've been there (usually half full). But then that also means it's not a hassle with getting a table... you can be sure there would be if you stuck this place in Mayfair or Soho.

1  Thank andrewinlondon
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Somebody has really thought about this menu, we have all had Sushi, sushimi etc in the past but this is off the scale! There are so many flavours going on in such a small morsel of food, you just keep chewing slowly to savour every second! The blackened Cod is a must! The bar has a lovely relaxed feel with attentive staff where we had a drink first of all and then, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very well designed, cosy restaurant downstairs. A lovely evening made even more enjoyable by the very reasonable prices! :)) Will definitely be back!