“Convenient but Cramped”
Review of Euro Hotel Clapham

Euro Hotel Clapham
Ranked #887 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Reasonably convenient to the Underground and buses, pubs, shops and restaurants. Just across the road from Clapham Common where you can have a pleasant walk. There is no lift, so the stairs were a challenge with toting suitcases up and down and no help. The room was very cramped with little space to move around in, no storage space for clothes and bags. It was kept clean, the bed made and towels changed daily. The "en-suite" was minute with no room to dry off after a shower. for the price paid, I would not have expected to pay an extra 2GBP per bag to store until we could check in - strictly after 3pm or an extra 10GBP per hour for an early check-in!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sorry for the inconvenient you had and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wahiba Belaouane .
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

It was very confusing trying to find the right place that we were booked into because there are about 3 with the same name all along this street. The rooms were tiny but reasonably clean, the stairs were a killer but good training for Europe I guess. Pretty good staff, so for the price, good.

Room Tip: try to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rodgerskay
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Whiba Belaouane.
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed in a room in this hotel for one night as attending a family party nearby. When i say room what i mean is an airless windowless sweat box with just enough room to swing the proverbial cat round in. A shower that had only one temperature,napalm, no sink plug, a little thing i know but still very useful when your trying to have a wash. It took the security guard with a long piece of wood and much banging of the window to get a roof light open at 11 0' clock at night to let some air in so that we could try to get some sleep. Didn't bother with breakfast and left early the next morning to escape back to the Kent countryside. Wouldn't reccomend a long stay but just about manageable for one night,just!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. I do apologies for all the inconvenient and hope to welcoming you back .

Wahiba Belaouane
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on 30/4/2014. Very basic hotel but good value for money. We were on top floor and the hotel has no lift. Room was very small and there were some drawbacks.....temperature control on shower was broken and no storage space for clothes. Would not recommend a long stay here but for one night and the price paid was ok. Excellent setting right on Clapham common and five mins from tube.

Room Tip: Choose low floors no lift
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Euro Hotel Clapham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the inconvenient you had which we have since work on .

Wahiba Belaouane.
Manager.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed with my wife and friends in Euro Hotel Clapham before 2013, but there is no option. I write my opinion until now because I have a few destinations and I can compare already. (Greece, Vienna, Barcelona, London, Paris, Rome, Malaga, Seville, Cordoba, Granada ...)
Euro Hotel Clapham – perfect location with an excellent transport links to central London (if there is no subway strike :) The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. The staff was different – somebody helpful…
If you come from the continent, bring your power adapter. In the hotel did not have enough, and we have proposed ... to buy from the store. We expect in the "Euro" Hotel have enough Euro adapters.
There is a small storage room to leave your luggage, but no one was watching it and the responsibility remains with you. Poor breakfast, but the price it was what you pay.
Note: Dear Mr Pritam K, do not expect to reach you, just buy more adapters. I wish you more smiles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham Thank you for taking the time to write a review after year. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.about the adaptor we have always our stock but same time we sale everything and good news we have improved the breakfast and know the have English breakfast in our beautiful breakfast area i am very happy for your coment today because you still remember us after one years ho-pe we will welcoming you again in Euro Hotels Group.

Wahiba.
Manager of Euro Hotels Group.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed with my friend in Euro Hotel Clapham in the beginning of April. The location is perfect with an excellent transport links to central London. The rooms are really comfortable and clean. Also the staff was incredibly helpful and we received wonderful service and hospitality from them. In addition, it was an excellent value for money and we will definitely plan a return stay on our next visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham.

Wahiba.Belaouane .
Manager of Euro Hotels Clpaham.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed two nights over Easter break. Considering the price it was what you pay for over Easter. The room was small and had stairs in side it to get to the main part. The sink was smaller than my downstairs toilet sink in my house. I had to stand to one side otherwise the door handle would have been up my backside and I am not fat. The general decore in the rooms leaves a lot to be desired.English Breakfast was £5; no bacon, tomatoes but a slice of cheese was added. I could see from where I was sitting that a lot of items were going in the microwave. Judging by the baked beans on our plates they had been in it a few times, tinned mushrooms but then you get what you pay for. The bed was cheap and uncomfortable. Our friends were staying in the other Euro hotel just down the road they has similar experiences. Close to station. As I say you get what you pay for but I hope the foreigners staying there didn't think this was typical of an English Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham and Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Euro Hotel Clapham . I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about Breakfast , our hotel is budget Hotel but we will make all this note to make our place enjoyable to all our guest I do apologies for any inconvenient ones again thank you for choosing Euro Hotels Group .

Wahiba.Belaouane.