“Basic but worth it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Euro Hotel Clapham

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Euro Hotel Clapham
Ranked #886 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Basic but worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is budget, but is clean & comfortable although the bedding was a bit sparse, this was sorted with an extra duvet from reception. Tea making facilites are useful however only if you want 1 cup of tea or coffee. The wifi is free and we got good signal even at the very top floor, which was very handy for sorting out parking. A lift would have been nice as after a long day 4 flights of stairs were exhausting.
Parking is VERY limited, we used 'park at my house' to find close parking.
The hotel is close to the station and there is a selection of take away places and a supermarket nearby. Over all would stay here again as it does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham and I am very happy you have enjoy your stay.
be investigating this matter accordingly .

Kind regards,
Wahiba.

About Us | Careers | Business Listings | Mobile Upgrade | Review Express | Advertising
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved. TripAdvisor Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
* TripAdvisor LLC is not a booking agent and does not charge any service fees to users of our site... (more)
TripAdvisor LLC is not responsible for content on external web sites. Taxes, fees not included for deals content.

Wahiba.
Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

It is very obvious that why this hotel is getting one star, purely because you can't give it less than 1. You can read old reviews and see that every person has wrote a bad review about this place and the manager replied to all of them by "copying and pasting" the same thing.

In all honesty I have never a seen a hotel so bad. Such a rude staff, room are small and constantly stinks. Avoid this place like plague. There are better places to stay in London.

I'm pretty sure that Mr manager will going to comment on this pistol as well. With the same old "Thanks for your feedback...

Room Tip: Go and hunt for any other hotel, sleeping rough is better than staying at this place.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham. I can tell you thank you for the bad comment you have made and the bad comment you made about the manager without knowing me. If you have a problem with the hotel and staff you should be reporting it to the manager and im sure i will do all my best to help you because in our hotel we do have very nice rooms and very nice staff. I can assure you that our cleanliness is 100% made and if you had a problem with this, im sure you will ask to see the manager to report the problem, but i've never heard about this satisfactory reaction from you. Therefore, you have no rights whatsoever to judge me on my reply for all my dear guests. Anyway, as you know Tripadvisor is very important to us and instead of writing a bad comment you could've just spoken to the manager about this matter. In Euro hotel clapham we have very good customers from all over the world and most of them were pleased with their stay in both hotels because im managing both hotels. To be more clearer, thank you for the comment and if you have any problem with the manager who is me Wahiba, i can give you my contact number on 07540800332 to discuss the mattter and i can offer you my services in Euro Lodge clapham as a free one night stay as an apology to all the inconveniences you had in our hotel. Thank you have a nice evening.

Kind regards
Wahiba
Hotels Manager

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst working in London. This is a lower priced hotel so I was not expecting the Ritz but the room was overpriced for what was on offer. The room was small and basic as you would expect for the price, however, the room (8003) smelt very badly of damp or something worse. It remained the whole time I was there despite opening the windows. The shower had hot water but the pressure was low and I was uncomfortable with the level of cleanliness in the bathroom. I asked to switch rooms and was told by the staff on reception that they would organise that and get back to me in 20 minutes, that was 3 days ago.
The worst part of my stay came when my boyfriend came to stay on my last night in the hotel. There is a £25 charge if someone additional wants to share the room which is reasonable. What I did not find reasonable was being called and woken up twice in the middle of the night by rude staff on reception demanding I pay the additional £25 in the middle of the night. I had to get up out of bed, get dressed and go to reception to pay the £25. I was in London for work so going to my project practically sleepless was absolutely ridiculous. I have never known such rude, appalling and unhelpful staff. I travel a lot and have stayed in hostels and hotels all over the world (many budget / lower priced) but I have never seen this level of rudeness from any staff or stayed in a room that smelt that badly. I will never stay here again. It is such a shame as it is in a great location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Euro Hotel Clapham Manager responded to this review

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for l"Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.
Please allow me to apologize you where not satisfied with the room accommodation and the staff very sorry ones again thank you for you comments and we look forward to serving you in future.

Kind regard,
Wahiba Belaoune .
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

My friends were given appalling customer service to start their stay and then followed it with one of the worst rooms I have seen. There wasn't even space to open the door to the bathroom because the bed took up the whole area. Stay somewhere else, not here.

Room Tip: Don't - stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

"I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on [telephone number 02087721234.
Kind regards,
Kendal, Belize
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights with work . The hotel is basic with a capital B. Not expensive for LOndon i suppose but you get what you pay for .
Our room was in the cellar , no window or ventilation. Furniture tatty, bed tired. WE had damp on the walls and floor which we reported but nothing was made to rectify it. Tv didnt work . Shower was either scalding hot or just very hot. And the room smelled musty. Had a look at the breakfast but wasnt worth paying for so we had breakfast out .

Room Tip: Get a room above ground level or dont bother
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

"Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards,
Manager
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We read some of the reviews on tripadvisor after booking our hotel for our recent trip to visit family in London and thought OH OH. However, we needed to be in or near Clapham, near a tube station and as we were intending to sleep in the establishment only for our 9 night stay and hit the train, bus and footpath as much as possible. We could not see the need to spend up big on accommodation when were hardly going to be there. Neat, clean and tidy would suffice! We were aware The Euro Clapham is rated 2 STAR only and after reading many of the reviews were were a little apprehensive of what we had got ourselves into....ALAS, we need fear not! Our room 711 was spacious, clean, on the ground floor in the front of the hotel and just perfect for our needs. It is a 2 STAR Hotel and as such you cannot expect the Sofitel or Ritz. Staff were always helpful, courteous and our rooms were cleaned every day. Fresh towels were provided every day. The heating worked a treat, the beds were big and comfortable. What we saved on accommodation costs we spent on excellent eateries around Clapham South and Clapham Common both for our breakfast and nightly meals and on sight seeing. The location is 100 meters from the tube at Clapham South, there is a supermarket a stones throw, coffee houses and more plus the beautiful common over the road. Would i stay at Euro Hotel Clapham again??? Yes i would if im planning to be out and about and soaking up all that London offers the tourist I am. We loved out stay in London and The Euro Clapham did the job we hoped it would.

Room Tip: 711 was spacious for our family of three.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Shocking !!!!! Cheap !!it is for a reason! Breakfast .. Stale bread cereal and cheap everything . Parking it advertises !!!! yea for 3 cars .... Staff couldn't give a shi# .....Hotel !! Is a strong word more like b&b, nope even b&b is too good .... Don't no lost for words ... If you need to improve your hotel do the following things .. Train ur staff to be polite ,and helpfull . Breakfast means hot breakfast ie bacon ??? You get my drift ? Parking .. Be clear on what u offer ..

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
"I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on [telephone number: 020877212123 to discuss this further. Kind regards,
B.Wahiba..