“Trip away with my son.”

London Shelton Hotel
Ranked #1,017 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This can't even be called a Hotel. The place should be shut down. Its not even fit to be a hotel for animals to stay. The man lied to me in front of my son and kept my £50 even though we didn't stay there due to the state of the place. Its a death trap. As we looked at the room my son went into the 'bathroom' and nearly fell over loose floor tiles. You have trouble parking there as the garage next door uses the spaces and doesn't close until gone 6pm.
We found another hotel to stay at for the night as the rooms are AWFUL. If you want to catch something then go and stay there.Could be a rat, mouse, some other type of animal or even DEATH.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Carl T

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start! this hotel is two down from a slum !!
The bathroom was moldy and stank the toilet brush was black with mold as was the soap dish.The heating was on flat out all night with no way of turning it off the latches on the windows were broken off so couldn't open the window the carpets are sticky the bedding was dirty as were the towels this place is one to avoid at all costs

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Kris H
Reviewed November 27, 2013

all the reviews on here are spot on, I really wish I had read them before I booked it, it was awful, really could off cried and there was no way we could of even contemplated staying there so left after an hour. The reception was like a small run down shed outside, on entering the hotel the carpets were filthy, there were binbags full of rubbish and broken windows. I was dreading opening the room door and our fears were justified. The bedding was dirty, the window catches were broken so they wouldn't shut and I don't want to know what the stains were on the carpet!!! the bathroom was filthy with mouldy shower and sink, another life form growing on the soap dish and a slimy toilet seat. oh and to top it off by 'free parking' they mean there is a wide pavement that you can park on. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, do not stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsay F
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week and made the grave mistake of booking a non refundable booking . After reading the reviews here I was not looking forward to my stay and had tried to cancel it but to no avail.
I arrived around 7pm in the evening to find that my room was not ready and was told that i would have to wait half an hour to check in .At this stage I was tired and not in the mood to wait but agreed to come back . The manager was not at all friendly, he tried to show me into the empty restaurant and was insistent i waited there but i refused . When i returned , the room still wasn't ready and there was no sign of anybody , again i was shown to the restaurant and told to wait . Eventually i was given the key to my room and set off to find it . Thankfully my suitcase had already been put in the room as I had pointed out , I was not dragging it around with me while I waited .
The room was at the tool of several stairs and I can safely say it was not worth the wait .It was extremely small and shabby . I went to sit on the bed and noticed several hairs and stains all over the sheet A bit much as I had already had to wait while they supposedly cleaned it . At this point i was fairly irate so I went and spoke to the manager who was neither friendly or apologetic and more or less waved me away , telling me to go back to the room and wait for it to be cleaned .
The service overall is appalling The rooms are filthy and noisy . The management are rude and extremely unprofessional I would not stay here again under any circumstances , in fact if the booking hadn't been prepaid , I wouldn't have stayed at all Absolutely awful !1 Do not go near it

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank saraconse
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Room dirty. Shower filthy. No towels. Window would not close, so traffic and railway noise all night. Insisted on cash payment although web site says cards accepted - manager kindly told me where to get cash. Parking was a joke - on pavement.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else - Victoria coach park must be better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tayen
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been there for one night and i will definitelly not go again.The bed looked like it wasn't changed.Bed sheet stained and with hairs.Walls stained,bathroom disgusting.
Helpful stuff,as they changed the bedding straight away.
However,if you are looking for a clean place,avoid this hotel,as it is far from this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dana C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is not 5 Star.

My room was many stairs up to the second floor and there was no lift. I had to skip breakfast as it was fried eggs and toast; no boiled eggs. I could smell cooking oil in the mornings, and there were stains of it one of the towels provided, which also smelled generally of cooking oil. It was noisy on some nights. It was my first experience of having to hand in my key at the reception every time I left for the day and then collect it back upon my return. I shared my room with some kind of insect or fly each day. Not the cleanest en-suite. The shower curtain and bathroom walls were dirty.

However, there is a daily supply of sachets of Eden Shampoo & Conditioner, and Soap. The men are okay who take the payment (in cash, as the card payment machine is not working). The food eating hall is spacious. The bed is comfortable, clean and made every day. The towel was changed on the third or fourth day and it was cleaner than the first ones. There is a TV in the room although not all channels are available. The hotel is not vey expensive. Buses (29, 341, 141, etc) are readily accessible about 6 minutes walk to Endymion Road that lead to towns such as Manor House, Finsbury Park, Angel, Waterloo, and other desirable towns. Market stalls, supermarkets and bigger superstores (such as, Sainsbury's, Argos, Poundland, Boots) are within easy reach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business