“New hotel, needs some ironing out but will be amazing”

Dorsett Shepherds Bush, London
Ranked #225 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“New hotel, needs some ironing out but will be amazing”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked this last minute as we were working in paddington but also attending a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Hotel was spotless. Yes it did take a while to book in, but having only been open a few weeks they are clearly learning their way. Everyone has to start somewhere!
We booked a twin room, it was an internal room with a window to the bar area. Room was a little small but what do you expect when you are in a city. Room was lovely decorated and perfectly lighted.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Not sure we will get it on the price we paid or afford this hotel in the very near future but would recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Samiantha
DorsettLondon, General Manager at Dorsett Shepherds Bush, London, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for such a great review Samiantha. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that we are able to welcome you back again very soon.

Hilary Cross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hotel in arrival looked amazing , staff were lovely , checking in was a nightmare it took half an hour and we were the only ones checking in !!!
The room was tiny , the phone didn't work , we ordered room service at 11.15pm and finally got it at 1 am , it had been left outside and no one knocked to say it was there !!
The shower door leaked everywhere . There were no bedside lamps , there was only one main light . The fridge wasn't on either .
Breakfast was dire !!!! There hardly anyone eating and lots of staff ignoring us and not seating us , there was no food ready on the buffet there were no glasses for juice and no bread for toast or butter !!!! When we asked for food the manager rolled her eyes and said chef can't keep up !!!! .
This is only scratching the surface of what went wrong .
We had 2 drinks in the bar but were charged £82 !!!!!
We complained and were told they would refund our whole stay and we are still waiting !!!!
This was a birthday treat for my terminally ill friend and it was ruined .

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank vivienne p
DorsettLondon, General Manager at Dorsett Shepherds Bush, London, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Vivienne I am sorry you had a bad experience. Please contact me directly at info.shepherdsbush@dorsetthotels.com so that I can follow up and discuss with you.

Somerset, UK
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked this through Secret Escapes for £95 which is really good given it's London. It's a new hotel so there are still bits being finalised - the bar, for example is yet to be completed. I love the stylish décor in the room and there are lots of nice touches such as toothbrush pack etc. which you would normally have to ask for or pay for in some hotels.

The bed is really comfortable and the pillows are great too. My room (106) is a little odd in that it overlooks the bar and I wonder how noisy it might be when the hotel is full. Not having a normal window is a little odd but not a real problem.

Overall, I really like this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Sonya C
Sonya, we are delighted to receive your response and glad you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

a night in London with a small group of friends was made absolutely perfect by staying here. The hotel is just beautiful & so convenient for Westfield shopping centre & central London for our night out. I have to give a special thank you to Kan he went over & above his job to make every part of our stay run as smoothly as possible & always had a smile. In the industry myself I will definitely be recommending the Dorsett to my guests who visit London from oxford & I will be returning myself too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank alison w
DorsettLondon, General Manager at Dorsett Shepherds Bush, London, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for such positive feedback Alison. We are very glad you had such an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manchester
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 rooms to attend a concert at the Albert Hall. What a great addition this hotel is. Granted we paid a secret escape price and the hotel has very recently opened, 5 days ago, but the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful as they develop and find their feet, hence the 5 stars. Breakfast was delicious, lovely fresh omelette! The concierge was brilliant, his assistants eager to help and check in service extremely diligent and professional. I wish the hotel much success as it evolves and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The location is also excellent. Looking forward to a return

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dutts
DorsettLondon, General Manager at Dorsett Shepherds Bush, London, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Concierge have huge smiles today all thanks to your lovely feedback. Please do come back soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room and afternoon tea through secret escapes. When we arrived we were impressed with the decor and theme of the hotel and everything looked wonderful. However that was the first and last thing that impressed us.

On check in we were were told that as they has just opened afternoon tea wasn't available so we could have a 3 course meal instead, sounds good but they didn't tell us that it was from a set menu of 3 items. More about the appalling food later! Check in took almost half an hour by untrained staff who had to consult a manager every step of the way and couldn't answer the most basic questions.

The room. Walls were paper thin and we could hear everything going on outside and had no feeling of privacy. Air con didn't work, there was still builders dirt in the wardrobe.

At the bar I asked for a good Scottish whiskey I was given jack Daniels. Had the choice of a red or a white wine. I quite liked the red that I paid £20 for so I googled it to get down more at home turned out it was less than £5 a bottle.

Staff. 1 or 2 nice members but on the whole they were very incompetent and didn't know anything especially at dinner.

Dinner. This was appalling in every way. First we were told that check in had lied to us and the 3 course was from a set menu consisting of 3 spiced dishes, none of which looked very appetising. After complaining we were aloud to choose something from the main menu the managers attitude made us feel like cheepskates. The food was terrible cheep ingredients oversold on the menu. Full of salt and not much else. We couldn't finish the meal as they were so terrible. The staff could care less and just agreed that the chef wasn't very good. All around us we saw other tables sending food back and forth to to the kitchen and complaining.

In summery they have tried to make a luxury hotel on the cheep by cutting corners and overcharging. I will NEVER stay here again and will be complaining to their head office regarding this obismal experience.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank BACKD00RHER0 .
We are very disappointed to read your review and look forward to receiving your direct feedback as stated.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014

. I dare say that by now it will have settled down into the professionally run, mid-range hotel it aims to be. But I stayed here on it's opening night last Tuesday and although I got a cheap rate I didn't take kindly to being used as an aid to their snagging programme. I was allocated, for some reason, a disabled access room, facing the interior with no natural light. Good job I'm not disabled as the emergency cords were still tied up to the ceiling in both bedroom and bathroom and the bed was far too low for wheelchair access. This may also explain why there was no furniture in the room whatsoever apart from the bed; not even a stool. The bath/shower mixer tap was faulty so no hot water ( although they did give a decent refund for this without too much argument). Lobby furniture was still being delivered as I arrived and the bar, gym and spa were not finished by the time I left.

So, as there was no prior indication that the hotel was in a pre-opening trial period, I'm rating it based on the experience I had rather than how it will be when finished and de-snagged.

A tip for overseas visitors. Rather than walk to catch the underground to the West End, it is just as quick, more convenient and much nicer to catch the number 94 bus from right outside the hotel door which runs straight along Oxford and Regent Streets to Piccadilly Circus.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing outwards.