“Way better than expected!”
Review of Hour Glass Hotel

Hour Glass Hotel
Ranked #132 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Camas, Washington
“Way better than expected!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked our stay at the Hour Glass Hotel because they had the best prices by far! We came expecting to have to have a shred bathroom but when we arrived Daniella gave us a free upgrade to a private room with our own bathroom. The bathroom was great - travertine floors and travertine shower! The room was clean and totally adequate for our needs. The hotel is pretty close to downtown and easy to get to. the price was great. Would definitely stay here again!

William from Camas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank william c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I just was here for four days, but it definitively wasn't the last time!! When I arrived Daniella (she's a real pretty flower), the hostess showed me the rooms and gave excellent support by getting the wright busses to the places I was interested in. The room and the bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable - …Every morning between 11 and 12 am the room, the bathroom and the bed were tidied up. The WiFi was very useful and with SKY-Sport I enjoyed the football-match Dortmund - Real-Madrid (4:1). To have access to a shared kitchen was very helpful. There I had my breakfast every morning. I'm lookin forward to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adr1984M
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night but the hotel is really nice. My room was big and clean, wi-fi was working fine, tea and coffee available in the room, nice pub downstairs! I enjoyed my staying and Daniela was very attentive,nice hard working girl, who knows how to do her job! Well done guys, i'll be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 2months ago and now I booked again the same hotel. The rooms are nice and cleaning is spot on, wi-if is pretty fast, well they keep up with the same standards! But the reason I booked the same hotel is because I felt welcome, and that is Daniella's merit, her smile could make everyone the day,lovely girl she is!

• Stayed April 2013
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights ahead of her doing the london marathon and we picked this place because it was close to town and was the only hotel that didn't double its prices for marathon weekend! When we arrived we were warmly greeted by Daniella who to our surprise, offered us a room with an en-suite, above the shared bathroom facilities we'd booked. Daniella gave us a really warm welcome, a good tour round and explained the arrangements for breakfast. We didn't stay there much as we were exploring london but the pub next door served some good beers, had all the sport on and the wi-fi throughout the whole place worked without a hitch.

When we were there (19-21 Apr 2013), the bathrooms had clearly only just been done up and were looking really nice: stone effect tiling, brand new white suites and chrome handles and fittings. The curtains were also very good and kept out a lot of light so it really benefitted my girlfriend being able to get a good night's sleep.

In terms of location Elephant and Castle is the closest tube station and late at night I would recommend getting the 343 bus from just outside the tube which takes you right outside the hotel after a 5 min journey.

There's on-street parking which is free from 18:30 to 08:30 in the week and free all weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt M
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very nice place to stay for few days in London. Comfortable rooms, kind staff and good price. I recommend Hour Glass Hotel. A bus stop is very close to hotel, so a trip to the center of London takes only 15 minutes. If I go to London next time, I will book room there for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff is very nice, in particular Daniela, who welcomed us and was really friendly. We booked a triple room and there are all the facilities needed and the bathroom is good. The location is good with a bus stop at 2 minutes. I would go back there and recommend it to you. It is a very good hotel with affordable prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends