“Try the pies”
Review of The Camel Pub

The Camel Pub
Ranked #837 of 28,474 Restaurants in London
Reviewed August 8, 2019

This is a great little pub, I go there quite regularly....Super landlady and staff..nothing is too much trouble for them And the food is great....I would recommend this pub to anyone...

Date of visit: August 2019
Debbie C, Owner at The Camel Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Ahhh how lovely
How very kind of you to take the time and write such a nice review
All worth the work when we get feedback like this

Write a reviewReviews (103)

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Delicious pies, good ale, friendly staff, perfect location. Vegetarian and vegan choices. Lovely pub

Date of visit: June 2019
Debbie C, Owner at The Camel Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review
We are happy that you enjoyed your visit
From the camel team

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Lovely proper boozer, with good beer and pies that come with mash, gravy and mushy peas on the side. It's clearly popular with locals, and I felt special to have found it. Can't wait to return in the summer and sit outside. Bar staff were friendly too.

Date of visit: April 2019
Debbie C, Owner at The Camel Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

We are happy that you found us and welcome you back soon
Glad you enjoyed your visit to the camel

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Called in for some food before a visit to the theatre, my son lives nearby but it was my first visit.Very friendly, attentive and considerate staff and good service.There was a little mix up with the pies we ordered which was no big deal but the lady (whom I presumed was the landlady)was quick to offer us a free drink or pudding which I thought was a very nice gesture and something you do not come across often these days.When the pies came they were delicious , I am a born and bred Yorkshireman so pies are a very serious business where I come from (pies and sweet tea are probably the main reason we won both world wars) so I don't give out praise lightly.The sticky toffee pudding with cream was also possibly the best I have ever had , really light sponge and not too sweet.The beers were also good and well kept so although its not gods beer like in Yorkshire its an acceptable substitute when down south .We visit London at least half a dozen times a year and I will definitely be back for another pie or two.

Date of visit: March 2019
Debbie C, Owner at The Camel Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Ahhh how lovely
I remember you and again sorry for the mix up. Hope to see you soon so you get to taste my favourite the moo blue
Hope you enjoyed the theatre
Many thanks for your kind review
Debbie

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I came here for lunch after a visit to the Museum of Childhood. There were 20 of us so we had booked in advance. The service was quick and friendly and the pies were great. Proper pies, and they came with mash and extra gravy! The Camel is an excellent example of a very good East End pub.

Date of visit: March 2019
Debbie C, Owner at The Camel Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day
Hope to see you again