“Absolutely amazing!”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #249 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was in London on business for three weeks; my family (thankfully) decided to join me for a week, so I left the Park Plaza Riverbank and moved across the hall to the Plaza on the River. Yes, the two hotels share the same building, but they couldn't be more different.
I booked a one-bedroom apartment - small kitchen, dining area, washer and dryer, dish washing machine; at the last minute I decided to upgrade to a river view one and it was money very well spent.
The main bedroom has a king size bed, the living room a sofa bed, all very comfortable. Two flat screen TVs, very good wired and wireless connection, full hotel services, including breakfast at the Chino Latino (recommend having dinner there at least once), maid service twice a day, very efficient and professional staff at the dedicated entrance. There are plenty of taxis outside, bus stop a few steps away and the subway (tube) is a five-minute walk; there are also a couple of small grocery stores in the neighborhood.
It is very rare for me to feel at home when traveling, but the Plaza on the River had this effect. I had planned to go back to the Park Plaza Riverbank after my family's departure, but changed my mind and stayed exactly where I was. I strongly recommend the Plaza on the River for short or long stays, it is really an experience to remember.

Room Tip: All flats are great, but I strongly suggest the river views. They are spectacular, a real feast for...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank barbarabt
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear barbarabt,

What an amazing review!!!
The entire team was absolutely thrilled to read your praises and nice comments. It’s been a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will be returning very soon.

Feel free to contact our Guest Relations Team directly should you return to stay with us to ensure one of the river view apartments have been reserved for you.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My visitors from NZ wanted to experience London - Harrods, a show, the London Eye, St Pauls, Tower of London, etc etc., so I decided to book one night in a hotel and make a weekend of it for them. The Plaza on the River looked pretty swish and the reviews were good, so I booked a night there and hoped it would live up to expectations. Well, it certainly did, in fact it surpassed expectations in every respect. The staff are very friendly and welcoming ... we had a beautiful room, clean, modern, air conditioned, wonderfully comfortable and with a stunning view over the Thames. Everything was just perfect and .. and the New Zealand wine in the fridge seemed like the final touch. Can't rate it highly enough. Would definitely recommend a stay here - compliments to all staff and management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank homendry
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Homendry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind comments on Tripadvisor in relation to your recent stay with us at Plaza on the River – Club & Residence.

I am delighted to see that we not only met your expectations but also “Surpassed” them. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional and inspirational service within Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts and your comments will certainly be conveyed to my team.

Once again I thank you for your positive comments and we very much hope to welcome you back to Plaza on the River – Club & residence on your next trip to London.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family stayed in Plaza on the River for 7 nights in July '13. This was our fourth visit. We keep returning because it is everything we need and more for a holiday in London. The staff are so friendly, they make you feel so welcome. They are a 5 star property, no doubt about it but unlike other 5 star properties there is a relaxed atmosphere which is rare. The location is perfect with a leisurely 5 minute stroll to the London Eye and Big Ben. The rooms are spacious with every amenity you could require. You even organised the birth of a birth of a prince for our stay! Again thank you so much and of course we will be returning, soon I hope.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Orla S
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Orla S,

Thank you very much for your constant loyalty towards Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

It is great to read your positive comments about our apartments and its’ facilities and that they suit perfectly for your family’s needs.

Even though Plaza on the River had little to do with birth of the future king of UK, we are happy to know that you have one more fantastic memory about your recent stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza on the River 20th July for 1 night and wished we had planned to stay longer. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel welcome. We had arranged for an up graded room with a view of the river and I'm so glad we did. The room was fantastic, very clean and spacious. The food in the Chino Latino restaurant was excellent and the service very attentive. If you're looking for a relaxing weekend in an outstanding hotel in London, then the Plaza on the River ticks all the boxes: fantastic rooms, excellent food and attentive staff.

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade with river view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juley R

Dear Juley R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Plaza on the River – Club & Residence and I am so pleased to hear your short stay in London was a memorable one.

I am extremely happy to note that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our One-bedroom apartment with River view and its facilities. I made sure that the Housekeeping, Chino Latino and the Guest Relations Team will get a copy of your comments.

Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team in advance to book yet another river view apartment on your return to London.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great night, fantastic view, I had dinner with my girlfriend on the balcony, by the end of the evening she was my fiancé. Special thanks to the reception team who helped with everything on the day, my fiancé didn't have a clue we had a plan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dwayne d
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear dwayne d,

Congratulations on your engagement.

Wishing you the very best as you begin to plan your lives together.

I hope we can welcome you back soon at Plaza on the River, maybe on your wedding night?

Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team, should you need any assistance to arrange yet another special night in one of our lovely apartments.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the Plaza on the River for a Saturday night in London and it was a truly fantastic stay. We felt it was an absolutely amazing and plush hotel, well worthy of its 5 stars and lofty tripadvisor rating.

The good things…

* Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Check in and out was a speedy and efficient process.
* We found drinks vouchers for the bar and a 25% off voucher for the restaurant waiting for us in upon arrival :-)
* Oustanding facilities - The suite contained a microwave, washing machine, fridge with ice box, dishwasher, espresso machine and ceramic hob. All were well maintained and there was a full compliment of cutlery, glassware and utensils
* Wonderful beds. Also chocolates were left on our pillows as part of the turndown service
* Beautifully decorated and fitted room (and hotel in general). Flatscreen TVs in both the lounge and bedroom
* Lavish bathroom containing both a bath and walk in shower
* Relatively quiet area that's not too far from the bustle of sightseeing and London fun

The not so good things..

* Whilst the location is great, the closest tube (Vauxhall) is a 10 minute walk away
* Completely out of the hotel's control but there are developments under construction next door. However there is very little, if any, disruption as a result of this.

Useful stuff to know…

* Vauxhall is the closest tube station and is a 10 minute walk west along the river (left as you come out of the hotel).
* The 77 bus stops outside the hotel and will take you to and from Waterloo station in about 5 minutes.
* There is a small convinience shop around 2 minutes walk away - turn right as you walk out of the hotel. This is pricey so if you're planning on walking to Vauxhall Station stop off at the Sainsbury there which is cheaper and has a better selection.
* Westminster & the houses of parliament are around a 15 minute walk away.
* There's a quirky boat bar opposite the hotel that's well worth checking out

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tommo565
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Tommo565,

I am so glad that you were fascinated by our beautiful hotel, especially with the Guest Relations Team and your apartment. I am happy to know that you will cherish this stay and the wonderful memories.

Our aim is to provide an unforgettable service for each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded in your case.

Thank you very much for highlighting many service elements, benefits of the hotel.

Unfortunately the construction site is out of our hand, however we have a good relationship with them and as you mentioned the disruption is minimum.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Plaza on the River Club & Residence should you travel to London any time in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at Plaza on the River for two nights, the first night we were in a studio room with no real view, but the room was comfortable, the only issue was the sofa bed my daughter had to sleep on, it was pitched down a little where your head rests - nothing a couple of pillows under the mattress couldn't fix. We were in London during the heat wave and the air conditioning in our room wasn't working properly, we had a slight electrical issue in the bathroom which was fixed promptly, we had mentioned to the maintainence person about the air conditioning - he mentioned that they were having a few problems with some other rooms (probably due to high demand), at the end of the day they weren't able to fix the air conditioning in our room so we were offered an upgrade to a 1 bedroom with a view.

The staff were extremely attentive, requests and issues were dealt with immediately and always with a smile on their face. The location was excellent, we were close to many of the sites but we didn't have to deal with throngs of people around the hotel, so it was the best of both worlds, staying in the city but having the tranquil views of the south side of the river.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mamaj B

Dear Mamaj B,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit at Plaza on the River Cub and Residence.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you with regards to the room being too hot. London is experiencing one of the hottest summer within the last seven years.
I am glad to hear that you managed to offer alternative option to rectify this issue.

I have passed on your feedback to the Guest Relations and Engineering Team, all of whom strive to meet and exceed guests expectations.